It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it might do white America good to try and experience life in Selma in the 50s-60s through art. You apparently think the left would be wrong in what you assume would be outrage but it's okay for you to actually be outraged that someone was inspired by Hamilton's story and took creative license in his spirit cuz not white.

Ok then why not do Jefferson then? Hamilton doesn't really provide what would be required for us all to learn something like Jefferson or say Madison. Heck black folk might come out of that with a bit more sympathy for Jefferson than alt-left libers want to provide for their political interpretations of our history.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

These snowflakes really need to get a grip.

Does that go for big fat giant Donny Snowflake too?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You guys started it. Can't take it now?

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I think it might do white America good to try and experience life in Selma in the 50s-60s through art. You apparently think the left would be wrong in what you assume would be outrage but it's okay for you to actually be outraged that someone was inspired by Hamilton's story and took creative license in his spirit cuz not white.

We have plenty of movies on Selma. Do you think white people are incapable of empathizing with people who do not look exactly like ourselves?

What a racist assumption.

And my beef with Hamilton isn't that it was created or anything like that. It is the hypocrisy of it all. There is a very real group of people who cry cultural appropriation at anything where a person not of the native culture adopts part of it for some reason, especially if that person is white. But apparently it is OK for people of color to adopt part of a culture for their own ends.

Remember this? Katy Perry caught all kinds of flak for this for cultural appropriation.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You guys started it. Can't take it now?

I've never demanded a safe place.

I think you have me confused with some other twerp.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64

I think if you're about to be the Vice President of the United States of America, you don't get a break for a play... you are in service of the people 24/7. That's the job he signed up for.

Were you complaining about the million dollars each year Biden spent to fly home on weekends or the rounds of golf Biden and Obama played together?

The cast should have been honored that Pence and his staff attended their performance. I'm sure Pence will make better choices in the future to not attend functions where he is politically attacked while taking a break. It might be slim pickings though. But, purely bad taste to address the VP who isn't even in office yet.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I feel bad for the owner of the building and owner of production if they did not authorize this.
Your job at work is not proselytize.

If the owner/producers authorized this then I respect it. But then they should also respect when a business does not want to produce a good/service for a gay wedding. free speech.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SaloonSal

Their opinion is more important than the average person because when they speak people listen.

A group of prominent scientists expresses their concern, they go ignored. A popular Hollywood actor expresses the same concerns then people will listen.

Over half of this country's population is concerned about what a Trump and his administration does.
edit on 19-11-2016 by jrod because: '

edit on 19-11-2016 by jrod because: Distracted

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

...should have been honored...

Get a grip. Honoured for what reason?

He is a wing nut extremist VP elect.

Not Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Who could have heard it over all screaming being done by right wing media?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yea and could you imagine Obama getting lectured like this under same conditions? Without it being called something other than what folks are calling this.

Yes - life really should be more fair

After all - the Donny won because of white butthurt. Obviously inequality is what this is all about

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ok...Next time you go to see a movie or play, I think you should have to sit and listen to a Conservative lecture, before the movie starts. Wanna take a guess on how many Liberals would get up, walk out and be on their phones, whining on Facebook and Twitter before they even got out of the theater?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think that they handled this in a respectful and low key manner...it kind of put Pence in a tough spot, but I am sure his shoulders are broad enough, and there is nothing wrong with people in power listening to people's concerns (however unfounded they may be).

Personally, I place the blame for all of this post-election hysteria squarely on the shoulders of two networks. Those are the MSM and Democratic Party, who hard-sold the concept of Trump and his supporters (fully half of the Country!!) as sexists, racists, fascists, homophobes, xenophobes and generally crazy and dangerous people (with guns!) and...night after night, broadcast after broadcast, speech after speech...kept pounding this message out that a Trump Presidency would mean the end of the world as we know it.

So, of course, thousands - if not millions - of people felt disoriented, scared, confused, helpless and hopeless after Trump won. Of course these media sponges were shocked and horrified. Because the MSM and Democratic Party had brainwashed them all into believing that a win by the Republicans would mean their lives were over.

Never underestimate the power of propoganda, delivered by sober-faced and serious-sounding "experts", pundits, special interests and politicians - especially when it is uber-coordinated behind the scenes (spend some time with Podesta's Wikileaks file), to create a fog of fear within the populace.

I say, let these folks (the frightened ones) have their say, let them cry and pet their stress dogs, let them hold up their signs and chant their slogans for a while. Pretty soon they will begin to wake up to the fact that the sun is still coming up every day, and their lives are unchanged.

Longer term, assuming Trump is able to deliver on his platform...the immigration system will begin to function properly again, jobs and prosperity will begin to come back, women, African Americans, Hispanics, LGBTQ people (and others) will be treated fairly and equally under the law.

The true travesty here is the mind-screw that has been perpetrated on the masses by the MSM and the Democrats (with the help of the entertainment industry of course), and how many people have ended up with the hard-implanted notion that it is okay to fear and hate Republicans, white (privileged) people, masculinity, conservatives, the religious (unless they are Muslim of course), the successful (the evil 1%, capitalists), the climate change "deniers", the politically incorrect, etc. - all the while accusing these groups of being the hateful ones and the ones creating fear.

I truly do hope that the Trump Administration will be able to put the lie to the "ist" attack tactics of the MSM and the Democratic Party - and that they will come to understand that this is not a winning strategy for future elections. Maybe then there will be more rational discourse about the actual issues of the day, as opposed to the trading of character assassination attempts.

Interesting times...

link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That's hilarious considering Trump is about to run the country to the benefit of his company.

link   
a reply to: jellyrev

But then they should also respect when a business does not want to produce a good/service for a gay wedding. free speech.

That is not free speech. That is using your speech, or perhaps religious belief, to discriminate against other people, even though you are conducting business open to the public in general.

Free speech and religious freedom is everyone's right, but only goes so far. Once you force someone else to pay the "costs" of that speech/religious belief, your right ends.
edit on 19-11-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Kali74

Ok...Next time you go to see a movie or play, I think you should have to sit and listen to a Conservative lecture, before the movie starts. Wanna take a guess on how many Liberals would get up, walk out and be on their phones, whining on Facebook and Twitter before they even got out of the theater?

I shouldn't have to do anything I don't want to. Partisan fanboyism or not.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If injecting political opinion into Broadway shows or Hollywood entertainment is now going to be the new norm...
I don't think the public is going to be too keen on coughing up $100 some odd dollars to attend any shows or concerts where they may be forced to listen to "pulpit pounding"

+8 more 
link   
This is the show where they put a cast-call for only "non-whites".
source
It prompted an investigation to see if it was a violation of law.

Can you imagine what would have happened if during a performance, which had called for only an all-white cast, Obama was in the audience, and this same thing happened?
There would be screams of "racism" all over the country.

Racism against whites is a very real thing, and has become worse under the Obama administration.
Hamilton is Obama's favorite Broadway show.
It really should not matter what the race of the people in this show are, but they made it a point as some kind of creative negative statement about whites.
What would happen if Trump said his favorite Broadway show was a performance of all whites making some kind of creative statement about a historical event that is significant to blacks? (which would not happen, because it would be called racist)

Obama had 8 years to make race a non-issue in this country and instead we are more divided than ever.

link   

When you write a play, let me decide what it's about okay?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

When you write a play, let me decide what it's about okay?

But it is being sold as something more than a play?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join