It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence Saw ‘Hamilton.’ The Cast Had Something to Say.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It is quite ignorant to claim half of this country supports Trump. Less than half of the population voted in the election, and only about 47% of those who voted, voted for Trump.

At best we have about 30% of the population who supports Trump, the rest of us are concerned especially given his proposed choice of cabinet members.
edit on 19-11-2016 by jrod because: Err

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaloonSal

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: SaloonSal

Are you aware of what we're talking about even?

You mean talking about whiners now ruining entertainment for everyone and to the detriment of their platform ?
Yeah, I do...The play's ticket sales will speak the loudest believe me.
It's entertainment NOT a political rally.

Nah, the play will be fine. It's in New York. There are lots of Hillary voters there and they'll pay plenty to see it.

It's too bad. I've heard that Hamilton is pretty good.

I don't usually swear off stuff over politics, but this is the kind of thing that will do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It is quite ignorant to claim half of this country supports Trump. Less than half of the population voted in the election, and only about 42% of those who voted, voted for Trump.

At best we have about 30% of the population who supports Trump, the rest of us are concerned especially given his proposed choice of cabinet members.

Gosh, people have made that argument about Obama many times, and it never sticks.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think if I pay for a ticket to see a play, I don't want to have to sit and listen to a lecture from a bunch of butthurt Liberals.

Thanks David for this post. It was the first thing I thought of and glad it was in the thread early otherwise I would have had that thought renting space in my head while I read through it.

It's similar to when actors get on their pedestals , I like them in their profession, I don't pay to listen to their views.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

It is quite ignorant to claim half of this country supports Trump. Less than half of the population voted in the election, and only about 42% of those who voted, voted for Trump.

47% voted for Trump.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
That quote may have started in Ford's Theatre.

Sic semper tyrannnis.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Donald Trump and Mike Pence have always promised to do what IS BEST for the country. Pence should have found a way to speak to the audience and tell them so.

Unfortunately, for a lot of the sore losers, only Trump stepping aside and allowing Hillary to be President-elect will make them shut up.

edit on 11/19/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You mean talking about whiners now ruining entertainment for everyone and to the detriment of their platform ?

Nah, the play will be fine. It's in New York. There are lots of Hillary voters there and they'll pay plenty to see it.

I don't usually swear off stuff over politics, but this is the kind of thing that will do it.

How idiotic. You'd deprive yourself and other actors because of what one production did? Typical. Are you ordering Trump cups at Starbucks too?
edit on 11/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: intrepid
That quote may have started in Ford's Theatre.

Sic semper tyrannnis.

Tyrannis?

What do dinosaurs have to do with this topic?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Tyrannis?

What do dinosaurs have to do with this topic?

They were wiped out by a giant meteor which I am kinda hoping to see one land on DC.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

And 48% voted for Hillary....

More than half of the US does not support Trump. I was optimistic until his proposed cabinet came out. Now I am deeply concerned.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

55% of eligible voters, voted. Less than half of half of American voters support Donald Trump.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump and Mike Pence have always promised to do what IS BEST for the country.

What does that mean in light of so many of the choices they've made, so many of the things they've said - individually and as a united (Ha!) front?

People have a right to demand the best from their leaders. Even from a stage

Pence should have found a way to speak to the audience and tell them so.

He missed a real opportunity there. A savvy leader would have jumped on that opportunity like nobody's business - but, he only turned and walked away

So much that I could say about that I don't even know where to start

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

55% of eligible voters, voted. Less than half of half of American voters support Donald Trump.

According to my fingers and toes that's like 25%.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

According to my fingers and toes that's like 25%.

Factor in the wind chill an convert to Kilograms and you have 11192%

Free speech isn't like math. You don't always have to be right to use it.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

hahaha Trumpa's tweet! "The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!" ....hahaha .... Well, people did elect him to run the country like a business. And businesses are not run with a democracy in mind. The boss is the autocrat. Trump ought to know haha

"Apologize!" he bellows. "Stop it" he bellows!. God help our democracy when Trumpa gets the power to act on his autocratic nature! I lived through the Nixon years. And Trumpa is Nixon on steroids.

Poor, Pence. he can't even speak up by himself. No, Daddy Trumpa will come to his rescue. Daddy Trumpa will stop all those mean people "harassing" you .

And how dare they "harass" in public! No, in my administration, we'll do things in private!! Nixon on steroids.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This safety pin thing has me going through my old pictures, trying to find all of the ones from my punk rock phase - so I can purge them.

No Billy, when Daddy wore safety pins as jewelry they didn't indicate safe spaces - in fact it was pretty much the exact opposite...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How idiotic. You'd deprive yourself and other actors because of what one production did? Typical. Are you ordering Trump cups at Starbucks too?

No. I don't tend to do provocative things like these actors did.

However if I had gone to a Starbucks and gotten a cup with "Race Together" written on it, I might have stopped patronizing that Starbucks for a long time. I am not in favor of being provoked by the businesses or events I choose to spend my money on and in return I don't try to provoke them.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Shhh I was trying to illustrate! lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join