It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People with dogs just don't get it!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Just carry a camera and gun while out on a casual stroll. If a dog jumps you - you know what to do.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

What, shoot first, take pictures later?

I do not know that its entirely wise to take that line.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
a reply to: deadlyhope

Hello from a dog lover-

I hope Your predicament improves but it reads as if Your ecological niche has "gone to the dogs" (pun intended) The more I'm around people the MORE I LOVE My dogs but they know their spot. Mine are certified therapy dogs and I don't even let them run around like a raped ape, that is just bad form.

There are a couple things You can do to improve the situation until the human upholds their end of the deal and secure their dog(s). You can fill a can full of beans or similar and throw the can at approaching dogs. If they get closer than You'd like You can squirt some compressed air; a dog whistle is also helpful..

You can also repel the canines with Your thought(s). Next time when approaching the dogs, continue on w/nary a thought of any dogs; act like they aren't even there. Many times the dog picks up on what the human is thinking and then they fulfill that thought. e.g. Don't bolt when I open the door... The dog does exactly that..

To answer Your question at the end: "Because people are A-HOLES, L7 Square LOSERS and most think ONLY of their Self; that is why I LOVE My dogs...

namaste

Fact: you can not control any animal with your mind. If an animal does what you're thinking it is either trained or a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Just carry a camera and gun while out on a casual stroll. If a dog jumps you - you know what to do.

You're gonna have the dog mafia on you. I met their wrath on another thread where I said that "sometimes" police shooting a dog is called for. Which in my opinion, like yours is justified.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Nope, just have video evidence of dog assaulting you, then put it down.
Or yo can just go the dark chocolate approach?

Nobody is guilty if a dog eats dark chocolate off the sidewalk

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

I suppose so.

I would have thought an awful lot depends on the strength of and level of control one has over ones hormonal secretions. Dogs, and most mammalian lifeforms have extreme sensitivity to output of these secretions. Fear and anger responses in humans can lead them to become agitated which can easily lead the animal to rash action, sorrow being expressed can result in compassionate nuzzling, and so on.

Its not mind control, but editing ones output can alter the olfactory response one gets from an animal.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Well yea, we're all just animals trying to survive in this cage.
I've always found that 'dog lover' is a very biased stance.
I've loved dogs, cats, hamsters and many other critters during my lifetime.

If owners can't look after their pets, then guess who shouldn't have any pets..

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I agree with you. I have had to change walking routes a LOT due to dogs.

I love animals and have had them literally all my life. Here is what a lot of people forget: animals want a leader. They dislike having to figure things out on their own all the time. They worry.

I want to take bad dog owners and plop them in a town square in Siberia in winter. They don't speak the language, it's cold, they don't know how to get food, water, shelter. And people are scurrying by, not interested in helping them. When they grab a human, asking for help, they get screamed at and kicked. That is EVERY DAY to an animal without a routine and a strong leader.

One day, I was walking my leashed dog when one of the neighbor dogs came by with a leash and his human! I said "Oh Jackson you get a good walk today!" and that dog smiled at me so widely! He was thrilled to have a human and a leash. He did not have to think or worry. He could just be a dog.

Leash laws are the key. What if one of those darling dogs get hit by a car?

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I will tell you this much...

I am getting pretty sick of people allowing their dog to foul in front of my store, then failing to scoop or bag it up. Stepped out for a smoke earlier, and three large turds greeted me, like carollers on a December stroll through the neighbourhood, assembled in a triplet infront of my door way.

Owners around here let this happen an awful lot. There's not a day goes by where there is not some turd down this street, and it's getting really old now.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It would be kind of a tragedy if one of the dogs jumped into the stroller and bit down on the child's fragile skull.

You better start kicking and punching all dogs just in case.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I Had A Dog...... Once.
I Thought I Could Take Him To The Park. I Did.
I Thought I Could Take Him Off Leash. I Did.
He Just Kept Going... And Going... And Going....
Haven't Seen Him Since.....
Oh Well....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join