It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

I think you're dead on. The left has a chance to return to their principles after hollowing them out for the last few decades.

But I have come to doubt progressives in general, and American "liberals" in particular, for their illiberal and borderline-fascist practices. Unfortunately, to be a liberal these days, and to stand for liberal principles, you must be a conservative.

We're working on changing that

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

The thing which bothers me in the OP is its open dislike of democracy, and condoning to conspire against legally elected government.

And adding insult to injury, it is imposing this limited far left extremist views to fellow citizens - myself including. As if there would be any nobel in the # load of lies they are fire selling.

The democracy is built on inclusion - not exclusion. And this exclusion is exactly which that "liberal" view point represents. It excludes political difference. It excludes freedom of choice. OP represents deeply rooted hate against fellow citizens.

Thus - I count it in as a pure joke. As I count all the liberals too.

I agree.

And to add....

He is a hypocrite Because he believes in collecting guns and owning guns but yet he's a liberal so therefore he also believes banning guns.

He also states that he believes in free speech but being a liberal we know that he means limited free speech.

Oh and he agrees with rioting instead of peaceful protest, but yet he also obviously agrees with the article he himself linked that preached "love one another". Perhaps he understood it as "only love fellow liberals".

And I would like to address something else. This is a question to the OP....What is your definition of fascism and in what way is it creeping up on us Americans in a quiet sort of manner as the author of your story is inferring?

One last thing to the OP. The author of your linked story says he believes in continuing to fight for this fractured democracy..... Apparently he doesn't realize this country is in fact NOT a democracy. Do you realize that?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

The democracy is built on inclusion - not exclusion. And this exclusion is exactly which that "liberal" view point represents. It excludes political difference. It excludes freedom of choice. OP represents deeply rooted hate against fellow citizens.

So, according to yourself, you uphold inclusion and hold that the liberal view point represents the exclusion of political differences. Then you say you hold OPs opinion as a joke, just as you count all liberals too, as a joke. So just where is YOUR inclusivness? You say that OP represents deeply rooted hate against fellow citizens and then turn right around and demonstrate your own by call ing them "ALL" a joke.
I guess I just don't want to understand this.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Problem is, these so called liberals are more center than the classical liberals, heres hoping they move away from the neo cons that run the democrats.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I got a challenge for you.

Call yourself a Trump supporter in front of your new liberal friends and then tell me how loving the liberal community is.

link   

originally posted by: underwerks
and I'm against fascism.

When corporations threaten to put people out of work in states that oppose gay marriage (or whatever social cause is popular at the time), that is the very definition of fascism.

link   
a reply to: Thoren

If you go to the post just above this post I am replying to here, you will find the perfect example of your chagrin. Poster first makes claims against OP and then in the very next sentence exhibits the very same mentality he just denounced.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Nope that is called freedom of choice where they want their business.
If you forced them to stay that would be closer to fascism.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

It's amazing how a common enemy can bring together people that a week ago wouldn't even look at each other. Much less talk to each other about meaningful change. A whole generation became politicized on election night.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The thing which bothers me in the OP is its open dislike of democracy, and condoning to conspire against legally elected government.

And adding insult to injury, it is imposing this limited far left extremist views to fellow citizens - myself including. As if there would be any nobel in the # load of lies they are fire selling.

If you call "hate" inclusive, then you're correct. I prefer to call "hate" exclusive and part of a club that I want nothing to do with. Everything that you said can be turned back around on itself. The Alt-right and fascists are exclusive and they want nothing to do with those Americans from different ethnicities, religions and skin colors. And some of them are being considered for Trump's cabinet. Is that the legacy you by which you want your vote remembered?

Yes, it's a legally elected President. But so was Obama (whom I did not like as a President) and still years after he was elected there are still people saying he's not eligible to be President due to his birthright.

Protests against newly elected officials are nothing new. Don't act like your world is falling apart because about half of the US doesn't agree with Trump's policies. Even the Republicans have a plan in place just in case Trump is impeached...why else would Pence be his running mate?

Overall, protesting and being more active in community are two ways to force change upon local and national governments. It worked in the 1960s, and it will work in the 2010's. Let's just hope that the soft-fascism goes away or both Orwell and Huxley will be right.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Problem is, these so called liberals are more center than the classical liberals, heres hoping they move away from the neo cons that run the democrats.

Yes indeedy. And to compound that problem, the right has moved so far farther to the right that those neocons running the Democratic Party are considered commies. Oh my are we ever in deep whazoo.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: underwerks
and I'm against fascism.

When corporations threaten to put people out of work in states that oppose gay marriage (or whatever social cause is popular at the time), that is the very definition of fascism.

No, that's capitalism.

fas·cism
ˈfaSHˌizəm/
noun
an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
synonyms: authoritarianism, totalitarianism, dictatorship, despotism, autocracy; More
(in general use) extreme right-wing, authoritarian, or intolerant views or practice.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Ah, I remember when I was a liberal once, too. And then the Democrats ate me.

I had to re-examine and discover I am actually a social liberal/fiscal conservative.

Good luck on the BEGINNING of your journey to define your politics.

Gotta say that I agree with you on that.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

And as typical crybully liberals on ATS, you guys love to trash talk, but you do it out of the mudpit, from your safe spaces.

Do you feel personally aggrieved when people speak of organizing to vote out Der Orange Führer and politicians who will acquiesce to the more abhorrent aspects of his agenda?

Who has the greater "emotional stance toward Trump?" Given your reaction, I'd have thought he was talking about your mother.

but you do it out of the mudpit, from your safe spaces.

That's not really true though is it?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The thing which bothers me in the OP is its open dislike of democracy.

I don't think democracy comes into it vis-à-vis a presidential election, the US is a constitutional republic not a straight democracy at all.
It is possible to win a US presidency with less that a quarter of the popular vote.

edit on 16-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

(post by DeadMoonJester removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

I got a challenge for you.

Call yourself a Trump supporter in front of your new liberal friends and then tell me how loving the liberal community is.

There's no hate or animosity towards Trump supporters in my circle of friends at all. If you talk from that position, people close up to everything you say. And what we want is understanding.

You'd be surprised how many Trump voters have already jumped ship because of things they've experienced since election night.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Not really... Republicans almost have a constitutional convention level of control over this country...

The harder you push this tripe, the more control you lose across the country from state legislature on up to now the white house.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You are the anti-establishment now.

Hey now.....you guys don't get to be anti establishment yet. We literally just got in and the man has not even started yet.

I really don't think he will be nearly as bad as you all believe.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join