It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Thank you Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Before this election, I didn't really consider myself anything politically. I hold a lot of left leaning social views, I love my guns, have been a gun collector since I was a kid, I'm all about free speech and the right to protest (even if the protests turn into riots) and I'm against fascism.

Since the election, I'm proud to call myself a liberal. It's barely been a week, but the community of everyone that has come together is amazing. Just in the last week, I've made over 20-30 new friends and acquaintances at different community meetings.

Before the election liberals in America were a scattered, rag tag group with no real leadership or concrete direction. Now, barely a week later, most of the entire party has been galvanized into a coherent group in constant communication with each other and with one goal: Bring about the end of Trump and the hateful divisive rhetoric and policies that will be normalized come January 20th.

Liberals on ATS, now isn't the time to quietly fade into the background. It's more important than ever that your opinions be heard. Don't be afraid to speak because your opinion is unpopular. You are the anti-establishment now. And we grow larger every day we come closer to Inauguration day.

Even I didn't understand the can of worms that was being opened at the time on election night. I knew it was big, but I had no idea what it would grow to, hardly even a week later. And here we are.

The times, they are 'a changing.

Judging from comments made lately on this site, I get the feeling that reading and trying to understand anothers point of view is starting to be looked down upon, but for posterity's sake, here's an article I read this morning that sums up a lot of things going on inside the minds of people on the left right now:

"A kinder, gentler, American Fascism."
lithub.com...

Thank you Trump supporters for showing me who I DON'T want to be. That in itself is a lot of times just as important as figuring out who you want to be.

+75 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I read this twice and I still can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I read this twice and I still can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or not.

Not at all. This is happening everywhere.

+55 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good, now you and your "acquaintances" can sit politely and quietly in the background while the Big dogs play on the yard.
edit on 16-11-2016 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

+66 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The thing which bothers me in the OP is its open dislike of democracy, and condoning to conspire against legally elected government.

And adding insult to injury, it is imposing this limited far left extremist views to fellow citizens - myself including. As if there would be any nobel in the # load of lies they are fire selling.

The democracy is built on inclusion - not exclusion. And this exclusion is exactly which that "liberal" view point represents. It excludes political difference. It excludes freedom of choice. OP represents deeply rooted hate against fellow citizens.

Thus - I count it in as a pure joke. As I count all the liberals too.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Don't you worry your little head now. Trump supporters this goes to you too. What's on the menu this presidential term? More war, more spending, the poor will stay poor and the middle class will continue to shrink. The country will continue to divide further, debt will continue to rise (personal prediction here the student loan bubble will pop) more rights will be circumvented, the surveillance state will live on, the militarization of police will continue, the central reserve will continue to print more funny money and the endless cycle of debt slavery will continue! So don't worry lefties and rightys! Your two parties have proven time and again that they will continue us down this horrible path no matter which is in control at the moment and you suckers continue to fight amongst each other over who's party is better while they ruin the country! Priceless.

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Is this going to happen before or after you non gender specifics figure out how to afford your own birth control and get ID cards?

edit on 16-11-2016 by StormNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

The thing which bothers me in the OP is its open dislike of democracy, and condoning to conspire against legally elected government.

And adding insult to injury, it is imposing this limited far left extremist views to fellow citizens - myself including. As if there would be any nobel in the # load of lies they are fire selling.

The democracy is built on inclusion - not exclusion. And this exclusion is exactly which that "liberal" view point represents. It excludes political difference. It excludes freedom of choice. OP represents deeply rooted hate against fellow citizens.

Working through democratic channels to effect change in government isn't conspiring against a legally elected government.

+49 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Typical intolerant liberal drivel as usual.

You made the statement the other day that you will keep renting forever, if it means you will be able to go on a trip to space.

You don't even understand basic finances, but you have an emotional stance toward Trump?

You guys don't even know how to lose right.

Maybe divert the energy you guys use in crying to get a damn job.

And as typical crybully liberals on ATS, you guys love to trash talk, but you do it out of the mudpit, from your safe spaces.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: eluryh22

Not at all. This is happening everywhere.

We all see things from our own perspective. What confused me is that I see essentially the opposite of some of the things you are asserting. From where I sit, I see the Left in complete disarray (to the point where the leadership selection process was postponed until after Thanksgiving since many seem to be finished with Pelosi). However, prior to the election I saw the left stick together through thick and thing.

Take the Republican side: After the primaries were over, many prominent republicans withheld support from Trump for extended periods, with some never supporting him. Compare that to the democrat side, when even in the run-up to the primaries the odds were stacked against Bernie (with the Superdelegates) and then when the leaks came out that there was serious collusion between HRC and DNC.... Bernie still came our for Hillary. Regardless of what I think about the democrat positions on any particular issues, I'm sometimes amazed at their ability to stay in formation. A formation I'm sure will return over the coming months.

The best part of your OP (in my opinion) was your seeming desire to at least understand other points of views (even if you disagree with them). I think the lack of doing so was part of the demise of the democratic campaign this past election cycle. Too much time in the echo chamber to see what was really going on out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
don expect stars and flags when you criticize trump and his cult followers.

the man can do or say no wrong in the eyes of many here.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think you're dead on. The left has a chance to return to their principles after hollowing them out for the last few decades.

But I have come to doubt progressives in general, and American "liberals" in particular, for their illiberal and borderline-fascist practices. Unfortunately, to be a liberal these days, and to stand for liberal principles, you must be a conservative.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Where were you calling out the right for these very same practices for the last 8 years?

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I would like to thank Obama for bringing the American people together to defeat the left, the media, and the establishment at its own game by electing Donald Trump.

You think the left can see past their own self importance enough to rally and defend an indefensible ideology of name calling and stupidity? Lol. I see pockets of blue in an ocean of red.

Try to come together. I would just like to see all of you agree on anything.

Laughable.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ah, I remember when I was a liberal once, too. And then the Democrats ate me.

I had to re-examine and discover I am actually a social liberal/fiscal conservative.

Good luck on the BEGINNING of your journey to define your politics.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
"The right to protest, even if it turns into a riot".

That seems to be a point of confusion with the never Trump "not my president" folks.

You have the right to protest. You do not have the right to riot.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Now, barely a week later, most of the entire party has been galvanized into a coherent group in constant communication with each other and with one goal: Bring about the end of Trump and the hateful divisive rhetoric and policies that will be normalized come January 20th.

Run to the hills, Trump is President.

Good liberal ideology you've got there. Only if you agree with us, otherwise we will try to subvert the results of the election, ignoring the fact that half of the registered voters elected Trump in a fair and free election.

This is a perfect example of the left's unwillingness to extend an olive branch across the aisle. Yep, not going to happen, just more divisiveness.

Great example your setting for the future of the Republic.

edit on 16-11-2016 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think that you two should become acquainted!

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
Good, now you and your "acquaintances" can sit politely and quietly in the background while the Big dogs play on the yard.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Ah, I remember when I was a liberal once, too. And then the Democrats ate me.

I had to re-examine and discover I am actually a social liberal/fiscal conservative.

Good luck on the BEGINNING of your journey to define your politics.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I would like to thank Obama for bringing the American people together to defeat the left, the media, and the establishment at its own game by electing Donald Trump.

You think the left can see past their own self importance enough to rally and defend an indefensible ideology of name calling and stupidity? Lol. I see pockets of blue in an ocean of red.

Try to come together. I would just like to see all of you agree on anything.

Laughable.

Allow me to introduce you to your peers:

originally posted by: StormNight

Is this going to happen before or after you non gender specifics figure out how to afford your own birth control and get ID cards?

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Typical intolerant liberal drivel as usual.

You made the statement the other day that you will keep renting forever, if it means you will be able to go on a trip to space.

You don't even understand basic finances, but you have an emotional stance toward Trump?

You guys don't even know how to lose right.

Maybe divert the energy you guys use in crying to get a damn job.

And as typical crybully liberals on ATS, you guys love to trash talk, but you do it out of the mudpit, from your safe spaces.

"Typical idiot trumptard hypocrite crybullies"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join