It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A stranger asked me to marry her today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Profusion

Run. Run like hell.

Bwahahaha

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You don't know her well yet believe she may have made you a proposal of marriage? I wouldn't have thought so.

It's code for "This is great!You're in my gang."

You don't say "Will you marry me?" in that setting and wish it to be taken seriously.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Just how drunk were you guys?..........

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Something to consider

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Is she cute? Is she sane? Are you attracted to her?

Maybe it will actually work out, maybe it will be a flop. Who cares. Maybe she was just teasing you too. Maybe deep down she actually has been thinking about dating you for a while.

Another question, is she nuts enough to make you happy? Maybe she likes conspiracy theorists.
Maybe she will go running when she hears you are posting on a conspiracy site. Maybe she also posts here.

It's up to you what you do with this.

Are we invited to the reception, what kind of beer will you be having?
edit on 16-11-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snippythehorse
Just how drunk were you guys?..........

Hey, true feelings sometimes come out when you are drinking. I have experience with drinking back years ago.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Speaking of drinking, how drunk were you?

Let me tell you from experience. I just got out of the Army and was cornered by this beautiful young woman who wanted to get married. Well, 3 months later it happened. After our divorce and 7 (SEVEN) years later she gained access to my house while I was sleeping and shot me with a 12ga. 00 Mag buckshot in the neck. She tried to get custody of our children in court no less than 4 times, but had no chance. She figured that killing me would get our kids.

RUN LIKE HELL is an understatement. I was married 2 years before I realized how crazy she really was. We were married 5 years.

I would recommend if you are interested in her, have a nice long relationship. Figure out if she is crazy.

ETA: Did I mention I have chronic insomnia as a result?

edit on 16/11/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Good Lord...What a nightmare you went through.
Unfortunately, 'Crazy' usually doesn't show up until AFTER marriage.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Dude ... you're a dorked-up MFer. I'd say: Go ahead and marry her. Do everything she tells you to do that is a positive re-creation of yourself. In every other situation ... keep your mouth shut, come back to the boards, and tell us how it's 'really' going.

-Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Two Words: Prenuptial Agreement

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion Was there drinking involved? maybe a it was a tipsy romantic gesture...?
Otherwise, if you are not interested in her, let maybe tell her your flattered but not interested.
If you have any feelings for her tell her you two should try dating first...
any way your dilemma here put a smile on my face for some reason... if she wasn't drinking...wow what a bold romantic thing to say to someone you are interested in!
I would feel flattered yet maybe scared and try to be non chalant aquantinces...if you are not interested.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
Pinch of salt mate.. Wouldn't take that seriously.. Unless you want to just boost your ego.

I agree with ^.

She probably didn't mean it, OP.

That was probably just her way of expressing that she was having a really good time, while also inviting you to possibly show more interest back. But if she knew that you had gone and made this thread post, she'd probably be super creeped out. As she should be.

I would be, anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
We were singing a song at a KTV bar together. She stopped in the middle of the song and said...

"Will you marry me?"

I just ignored it and kept singing, but I heard it as plain as could be. Judging by the sound of her voice, she was being totally serious.

I don't know her well. We've gone out as friends in a group a couple of times. We've never had a date. We've never even had a face–to–face one-on-one conversation.

How could that happen?

She's approaching her mid-thirties, and I think she's under a ton of pressure to get married. She also seems to want to marry someone of my nationality (I've gathered that from talking to her). I'm a bit shook-up about this, so I'm just looking for therapy and possible golden nuggets of insight from this thread. I realize there isn't enough information in this post to arrive at any solid conclusions about the situation.

You have to ask yourself two questions; is she crazy? Crazy provide hours per week of enjoyment in, well, crazy sex. The second question; is she hot? Crazy hot chicks provide even more enjoyment and entertainment, simply because, they're hot. Even better, if she has at least a few things in common with you, you could both have a lot of fun. Marriage, meh, should always go for an extended test drive and that does work both ways. A brain in a crazy hot chick is just as easy to fall for as brain in a non-crazy fugly chick, but personally I would err on the side of hot, crazy and something in a size 5. Lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

No one was drinking alcohol. I thought there were only the following possibilities when I heard the words "Will you marry me?" in that setting...

1. She's serious = she's dangerous = make no reaction, keep your mouth shut

2. This is a test = any reaction I give will lose = make no reaction, keep your mouth shut

3. This is a compliment = any reaction I give will lose (I can't think of a gracious way to accept that kind of compliment) = make no reaction, keep your mouth shut

4. This is a joke = any reaction I make will make me look stupid = make no reaction, keep your mouth shut

I actually did that analysis in a split second while I was concentrating on singing a song. She seems nice, but I've decided that she's interested in hypergamy first and foremost. I could date her, but it would never be serious in my mind. In my mind, if I dated her I would just be using her to have someone to hang out with for a while. She wants marriage, and I would never marry someone who's interested in hypergamy first and foremost...it's a dead end and pointless to go there in my opinion.

originally posted by: geezlouise
But if she knew that you had gone and made this thread post, she'd probably be super creeped out. As she should be.

I would be, anyway.

This is what the relationships forum is for. I've seen a lot more detailed personal information here than what's in this thread. I don't see anything creepy about threads like this at all. It would be creepy if there was personal information involved. This thread has no personal information.
edit on 16-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Op some people just talk like that.

Just blow it off...

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think you should marry her

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When you see her next tell her the church is booked and Elvis is going to marry you , Show her you are crazy too

And some pics of the lady in question would be nice

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join