It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If you make political showmanship the end-all-be-all of your well-being and happiness, if your worldview melds and shifts with the debased zeitgeist of our era and this deteriorating, washed out media-driven consumption-fueled culture, it will be the end of you. You'll regret it sooner or later. You'll come to realize you were a slave to ideas, people, and events which mean nothing in the larger scheme of things. I swear it, because it's an immutable truth. Don't allow yourself to be blown around and uprooted by a pestilent wind, moving in a direction which is entirely beyond your control. Figure out what really matters, guard your character, determine what you should value and what you shouldn't.

Don't be fools.

If you disagree, come at me.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Id be happy to disagree with you but first id need to know what youre on about.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc
If you make political showmanship the end-all-be-all of your well-being and happiness, if your worldview melds and shifts seemlessly with the debased zeitgeist of our time and this deteriorating, washed out media-driven consumption-fueled culture, it will be the end of you.

Political showmanship was the least of our concerns when we had a legitimate chance to avert WWIII. Globally we dodged a HUGE bullet by rejecting another Clinton presidency. Sorry, but sometimes you do need to pull out all the stops for the greater good of all.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

It's obvious to someone who hasn't been irredeemable suckered in by all the BS.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Talorc
If you make political showmanship the end-all-be-all of your well-being and happiness, if your worldview melds and shifts seemlessly with the debased zeitgeist of our time and this deteriorating, washed out media-driven consumption-fueled culture, it will be the end of you.

Political showmanship was the least of our concerns when we had a legitimate chance to avert WWIII. Globally we dodged a HUGE bullet by rejecting another Clinton presidency. Sorry, but sometimes you do need to pull out all the stops for the greater good of all.

Perhaps sir, perhaps, but at this point we may lack all the necessary information to make that judgement. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thankyou Talorc, I found your admonition a timely reminder. Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

And what? Miss all of that opportunity for a sense of temporary community and to abandon the lemming approach to political thought because it's so much easier to justify our biases, rather than challenge them?

It sounds like your asking me to live with my neighbors??? Have you seen what they look like???? Those people are dangerous. My twitter and facebook feeds say so.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I clicked this thread because the title "Warning to ATS". I thought the government was shutting down ATS.

edit on 15-11-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

To me it's quite clear.

Here's a hint...

It's all a lie to keep you thinking you actually possess freedom when really you are shackled by invisible chains. Cheerleaders going to cheerlead...

Nice post OP

Edit:

Was I at least partially right in my interpretation of your OP?
edit on 15-11-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Theres 'BS' coming from every direction.
Can you be more specific?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well said.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

Blah blah blah...

Someone tell me directly what this is supposed to mean!

Why so obtuse?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

It's a bit arrogant. Sounds like we don't matter as an individual in the scheme of things but to hold on to our values and morals.

I'd still rather be involved in the world of events than be passive. Yes, individual morals and ideas matter but have no meaning without involvement in our society. What's the worth of an individual if we are not included with our fellow man's experience?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Bwahahahaha

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I read the OP twice, and I'm still scratching my head. Surely both of us can't be complete dimwits, could we ?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ok i'm not hugely into politics etc, but OP, I'm going to read/listen to all the info i can, reason why, cause the day we stop listening and investigating all of this BS to find what is true, is the day we all become sheep to the wolf's that want to hunt us down.

Better staying sum-what in the loop of all the lies/deception than simply falling by the way side.

Oh and it's not much of a warning when we all know what's going on and possibilities of ww3 or NWO type deals, c'mon it's ATS after all.
edit on 15-11-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Blah blah blah...

Someone tell me directly what this is supposed to mean!

Why so obtuse?

I'm not your reading comprehension provider.

Contact the applicable department.

Why so incapable of comprehending words in paragraph form?

Would you prefer that he illustrates it with cartoons so it's easier to understand???

Blah blah blah yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
To all of you who are "confused"...

It appears that the OP is making fun of you all for the old "my team is better than yours" phenomena that seems to affect the American populace during every election cycle.

You're all arguing over make-believe fictional characters that have no say in any of the decisions made from behind the scenes. If you think that the president does anything other than give interviews, read a teleprompter, and play golf...I have some ocean front property in Idaho to sell you.

The tactic they use is divide and conquer, most of you gobble the bait hook line and sinker.

Our whole electoral process, "democracy and freedom" is nothing but a charade.

We are tricked to believe that we are free when we really aren't.

I could go on for ever but if you don't already understand what I am saying, it is way too late for you. The resources are abundant, there's no excuse for blind ignorance. I too was indoctrinated by years of lies and propaganda, I saw through it and so has OP...it is up to you to evolve and look past the trees and see the whole forest.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

No of course not.

OP has just taken the perception that "vague = deep and cool" and run with it.

Even he doesnt know what he's getting at exactly.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Im up on all the words used, just that when assembled without context there are lots of potential meanings.

Youre doing no better than guessing either by your own admission.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join