It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning to ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
An interesting quote another member posted once.

"If you are in 100% agreement with a person, then one of you isn't doing any thinking."

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I was kinda hoping that he was directing his soapbox moment towards South Africa's current political situation. It would have made for a nice change of pace.

But alas, apparently it's in relation to the current US political situation.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The US will still bomb brown and yellow people somewhere
Wall Street will still rip the rest of the world off blind
The food land and people will continue to be polluted
there will still be shootings,killings and mayhem at times

The Tao Te Ching( 2600 years old) covers all this,but much more eloquently than I can

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
a reply to: Urantia1111

I was kinda hoping that he was directing his soapbox moment towards South Africa's current political situation. It would have made for a nice change of pace.

But alas, apparently it's in relation to the current US political situation.

It was necessary for me to be general and vague. If I had brought up specifics, like the U.S. election for example, most people would have disregarded my rant as just more biased partisan flimflam. You know, like nearly every other thread here at the moment.

But instead people are actually trying to figure out what my little diatribe means, not in the context of a political/media arena, but as it applies to themselves.

The best aphorisms etc. are always pithy and widely applicable, otherwise no one would care enough to interpret them.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Yeah well, it was fun playing around with your wordsmithing for a bit to try and interpret it in our own special little ways.

But someone let the cat out of the bag, and there went all our dreams... dashed upon the rocks like a bad case of rotten halibut.

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

And what? Miss all of that opportunity for a sense of temporary community and to abandon the lemming approach to political thought because it's so much easier to justify our biases, rather than challenge them?

It sounds like your asking me to live with my neighbors??? Have you seen what they look like???? Those people are dangerous. My twitter and facebook feeds say so.

I know ... long hair ... smell like patchouli ...

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why I voted for Trump -

I want someone in the WH who is radically different from anyone we've had before.

Why? -

I'm sick of the same old s***. Trump is not a career politician. I'm GD happy about that.

LET'S DRAIN THE SWAMP!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
An interesting quote another member posted once.

"If you are in 100% agreement with a person, then one of you isn't doing any thinking."

That would be Gen. Patton, and it's one of my favorites.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Come on man, now we're all not gonna get those communist pant suits and exploding necklaces from total recall.....

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: CranialSponge

No of course not.

OP has just taken the perception that "vague = deep and cool" and run with it.

Even he doesnt know what he's getting at exactly.

And what about the perception that "wit= unnecessary censure"? Or the perception that "relevance= conforming to arbitrary standards"? Or how about the perception that "overly indignant= a good tactic in argument"?

On the contrary, I know exactly what I'm getting at. My premise is that people should get their priorities in order. What's important to a good life and what isn't? Surely it isn't frantically pulling one's hair out over elections, or pleasuring oneself to the results as the case may be, and letting your thoughts and feelings be dictated by the media machine.

DigitalVigilante was pretty much on the money, in any case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join