It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breitbart's Steve Bannon Leads the 'Alt Right' to the White House

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe what we all need is a good dose of "alt-Right" as some like to call it...... Maybe the best thing for everybody is to just let it play out and then millions of people who voted for it will decide that is not what they want....... or maybe people on the left will decide that they like the results of the prior 4 years and vote for more of the same.................................. or maybe, when people like Gary Johnson or Ron Paul..... or Bernie Sanders want to talk..... people wont be so quick to tell them to shut up and sit down.
The vast majority of us here can not and should not be labeled Republican or Democrat. some of our beliefs lean more one way, and some of our beliefs lean the other. Neither candidate is the perfect choice for any of us..... but its what we had to work with.

Some of us are old enough to remember Slick Willies presidency. We know the Clintons and their shenanigans the way they really happened..... not the way your school books told you. Then you fast forward to these latest shenanigans and we dont know how you expect us to vote for her. How could we and still respect ourselves?
I dont care if Donald Trump called every black person he ever saw the N word. I dont care if he has called every mexican a spic......... I dont even care if he has called every Polish person a dumb Polock..... and laughed and agreed with every Polish joke he ever herd. I have spent my life hearing how dumb Polish people are..... it doesnt offend me even the smallest amount....... compared to the things Mr. and Mrs.Clinton have done to people...... for no other reason but greed and a thirst for power.
What ever wrongs you believe Donald Trump is guilty of (and I have no doubt he has his skeletons).....they pale to anything the Clintons have gone unpunished for.
Surely you believe in karma or at least entertained the idea.
Maybe you cant understand because you were not there or were too young to have a clue. But we couldnt vote for Hilary.....not and still look our children in the face.
It's nothing against you. Pretty much us Trump voters really do love everyone. We say hello to you when we pass you on the street. We hold the door open for ya at the store. We're that same stranger in line at the grocery store shooting the breeze with you while we wait our turn at the register. We never check your sexuality first, we dont shut the door in black peoples faces. Why would we, what ever color or religion someone was? That's just silly.
Someone once said, "Extraordinary claims need extraordinary proof." When someone calls racist. Shouldn't the burden of proof lie on the accuser??...... is "because I say so" all that it takes to convict ones fellow citizen of a crime? Do we, as a society really want the word racist thrown around so loosely that it totally loses its true meaning?
You cant say a word is vile if spoken by one person..... but not if spoken by another. That's called double standards.... and I have long time issues about double standards.

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't think being a white nationalist is a bad thing.

They have a right to care about their race as much as any other race. Now suddenly if you're white it's terrible to want to preserve your culture.

I've never seen any credible evidence of Bannon being a white nationalist though.

edit on 14/11/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

How does any of this gel with a nation that celebrates diversity and equality?

Where have you been the last year of so? This country just kicked diversity and equality to the curb.

Would you like to give an example?

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hmmmm...
edit on 20161114 by DeadMoonJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Where have you been the last year of so? This country just kicked diversity and equality to the curb.

Yeah we were so tired of so much friggin kumbaya we got sick of it!

People were farting diversity and equality all over the place for the last 8 yrs, like after a week binge of warm beer and bean burritos.

lol. Too much of a good thing, as they say.

But seriously folks, Bannon is there because Trump wants him there.

Nothing you or your stupid huffpo or nyt fear mongering hit pieces can do about it.

So there!

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

What you describe in yourself is not alt-right. You should not ever label yourself alt-right out of some kind of unifying pride. Alt-right is an umbrella term specifically about White Nationalism often associated with white supremacy, nativism, Homophobia, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and anti feminism.

By your own description, that is not who you are and it is not who all Trump Supporters are. Half of Trump's supporters are our friends and family who voted for a guy we just can't believe they voted for. Our friends and family who turned a blind eye to the bragging low class sexual assault statements, the racial profiling, the torture... so much awfulness that would never be okay to act like at the dinner table. You are like our friends and family who made a choice because they disliked Hillary so much, that any low life was better-- and they proved just how low they would go. None of that makes you alt-right.

The alt-right are the people who are grooming you. The people who will tell a good officer that his job is now to randomly stop and frisk someone who looks suspicious, and slowly create an environment for racial profiling and discrimination. To groom a person to think more in a racist way. The alt-right are the people who will tell good soldiers to target the house with the innocent family and kill them-- and probably drive suicide rates up as a result. The alt-right are terrible for this country. They are the racists and the haters and heartless aggressors. The KKK endorses Trump. They are perfect example of alt-right.

I wish so much that people could start discerning the alt-right from the people who voted for Trump because right now the alt-right are moving into the White House. They have already started twisting the media narrative and they are a people that justify lies at every turn. They are grooming their supporters to be more like them.

That's the alt-right.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Isn't he the owner of some right-wing fake news site? Those things are a dime a dozen anymore. No need to buy a National Enquirer while waiting in line for groceries these days

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I think American culture just isn't mature enough to be OK with diversity and equality.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Yet whenever people like myself brought up the fact that ALT Right and Klan Nazi ppl are deep in his camp and that's one reason among many that I as conscious Blackman knew this but can't go yell go Trump go Trump go!! they try and turn it around, suggesting I am the racist and divisive one , or they suggest I am imagining the whole thing .."sigh"..

edit on 15-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I'm still searching for the proof of his racism/anti-Semitism. I hear and see all the pundit jackwagons saying so, but I'm not finding the hard facts here. Do you have any to share?

The closest one I found was an allegation from an ex wife.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Yeah we were so tired of so much friggin kumbaya we got sick of it!

People were farting diversity and equality all over the place for the last 8 yrs, like after a week binge of warm beer and bean burritos.

lol. Too much of a good thing, as they say.

But seriously folks, Bannon is there because Trump wants him there.

Nothing you or your stupid huffpo or nyt fear mongering hit pieces can do about it.

So there!

Ah yes we can, we can organize , obstruct and oppose them at every turn, especially with the right front man or woman, we can beat those trolls back to where they came from.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm still searching for the proof of his racism/anti-Semitism. I hear and see all the pundit jackwagons saying so, but I'm not finding the hard facts here. Do you have any to share?

The closest one I found was an allegation from an ex wife.

The Alt right and Klans ppl in his camp ain't enough for ya??.. and let me say this
I don't know if he is personally a racist, but he sure used it to good effect hence they are there.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I'm not convinced on either argument. There's proof of the democratic camp taking KKK money as well, regardless, they are irrelevant sops.

So you don't have proof either. I'll keep digging.

edit on 15-11-2016 by JinMI because: IDK what happened.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

a reply to: Diisenchanted

With respect, this thread is not about you, but about the people taking over the White House, and the ideology of hate and intolerance that will inevitably go mainstream because of this.

Words like that coming from a liberal that is astoundingly ironic to see. I hope you will realize that one day.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 15 Nov 2016 04:20:14 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm not convinced on either argument. There's proof of the democratic camp taking KKK money as well, regardless, they are irrelevant sops.

So you don't have proof either. I'll keep digging.

The KKK was created by ex-Confederate Brigadier General George Gordon and veterans in Pulaski, Tennessee in 1866, and joined by Nathan Bedford Forrest, one of the most respected Confederate generals, who were Democrats. The Klan became the terroristic enforcement wing of the Democratic Party.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoTue, 15 Nov 2016 04:18:57 -060016201611America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I appreciate the brief history lesson but I genuinely want to know what, if any, evidence there is supporting the claim that Bannon is a racist or antisemitic person.

Besides the stated claim from his ex wife.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is none. Left wingers hate his publication, like right wingers hate huffpo. Left wingers still haven't figured out why they blew the election, and are doubling down on the behavior that pushed lots of people to vote trump lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
I disagree with your opinion completely..... as you do mine. Sometimes people need to just agree to disagree.
I am more concerned about what people have done...... than I am with what someone may or may not in the future do.
I happen to be of the opinion that removing illegal aliens from our society and returning them to their home nation is not immoral. My sympathy for the families that will be effected goes no farther than......blame the parents.
If that makes me racist..so be it. Although I do caution the use of that word lest it lose any sense of real meaning. Some people act like this idea is new and brought to life by Donald Trump...when the truth is many people have been asking for border control and the deportation of people in this country illegally for decades. It is not about us doing what Trump wants, it is about Trump doing what we want.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Conservative speakers are kicked off campuses, riots are had for fair elections, people lose jobs for espousing differing points of views, these are all trademarks of many on the lefts diversity.

But this just isn't true. Time and again when these cases come to light it turns out that the person is getting fired for being an asshole or because of some other issue, but then they turn around and cry victim to the right wing media. Who in turn gobble it up for ratings and clicks which perpetuates this insanity for the next yahoo looking to cry victim because they got fired for being an asshole.

You see, racial diversity doesn't matter, neither does religious diversity, sexual orientation, etc. It is just assumed that if you get people from diverse backgrounds, that you will get diverse ideas. Its these diverse ideas that matter and make us better people.

But when you take in all of these people from diverse backgrounds, and then make sure they are all ideologically identical, you have not achieved diversity.

So if you want to blame someone for killing diversity, don't blame Trump, blame those that seek to censor any other opinions through protests, riots, intimidation and name calling.

What are you talking about? There are plenty of diverse ideas among the left. The fraction between the moderates and the far left prove it. Not everyone on the left is a feminist and not everyone supports BLM. There are some who doubt climate change. Even between the millennials and their parents there is a big difference of ideals. The millennial lefts didn't coalesce behind Clinton because she was a woman and instead choose to not vote for her for political reasons.

I mean you can stand there and tell me diversity of ideas is dead, but you just aren't looking or just don't care enough about the nuance to notice it.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

I think American culture just isn't mature enough to be OK with diversity and equality.

I truly thought we were there though... Like I had hoped that we'd finally learn from the past and not repeat the same mistakes we make for every new generation of others we choose to target. But nope. Just not there yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join