It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls to Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotlines Surge Post-Election

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
It is not very hard for me to believe the statistics in the OP to be true and legitimate. We live in a time when a significant number of people are under an undue amount of stress just trying to make ends meet and maintain some hope for the future.

Couple that with the fact that we also live in a time when there is a general callousness toward others and their life struggles. This callousness is demonstrated by hasty and coarse words toward and about others situations.

Life today is tough enough for people that represent the status quo....I cannot imagine how tough it is for those that have to battle life from the position of a member of a marginalized group.

I hope Mr Trump realizes the power of his words and chooses them wisely in the future.....I hope that he will strive to reassure these people that he means them no harm. I want to believe that he has a good heart and that he will work hard to protect the well being of all people.

People need to grow up a little. Safe Spaces are for little children.
Besides, would they have preferred a woman who abuses, quite possibly kills children, and practices Satanism? Hillary is a crazed and dangerous lunatic.
Trump is just a man who loves his country. I know who I''d choose.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yet no increase in suicide rates so I have a feeling this is a made up article to promote fear. After the stock market crash people threw themselves off buildings. Since we havnt seen anything like that I'm going to say this is just propaganda to promote fear.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Yet no increase in suicide rates so I have a feeling this is a made up article to promote fear. After the stock market crash people threw themselves off buildings. Since we havnt seen anything like that I'm going to say this is just propaganda to promote fear.

I would never take anyone seriously who says they will kill themselves if they are not heard and considered. In fact, all this if true only shows a lot of Americans are mentally weak. What a difference compared to the pioneers of old who founded the country.

Mentally troubled people are always problematic and they should be helped, but not listened to. And really helped as in teaching them how to become stronger of mind, not weaker by all kinds of drugs, in this case how to become politically active for starters.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jimbo999

Well....I think that is a very narrow minded view....in light of the fact that homosexuals have been attacked/murdered in the past/present just for being homosexual.

I think that their increased fear is justifiable....due to the fact that the president elect has at the least appealed to the segment of society that would most likely perpetrate such attacks......

As far as your remarks regarding Hillary......All I can say is....at least half of the voting public felt that she was the better/safer choice. ..and why are their opinions not as valid as our own ??
edit on 12-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is just another psy-ops trick.

The "Campaign" in question had many back-up plans to deal with a devastating political loss.

There is absolutely no proof at all these "extra" call ins were genuine.

Another trick is the psy-ops of holding back some of the vote counts.

Psy-ops operation involve lots of psychology.

You live in a happy little world, I guess.

The lack of empathy - the coldness - the near pathological denial of other people's pain on this thread is frightening in and of itself.

How hard is it to say "Wow - like 9/11? People must be really scared and hurting. I never thought that would happen. I wonder what can be done to allay their fears because I really don't think Trump is the end of the world - how can we change the tone of this election to something that isn't so horribly divisive and cruel?"

That would be refreshing. Instead we get "neener neener you weak snowflakes! hahahahahahah!" or "psyop- that isn't really true!"

(Of course, claiming it is only a psyop is a psyop in and of itself, you know...)

edit on 12-11-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
lmfao. i wonder if people try to call these centers if kim kardashian cancells an appearance as well.

BUT 'fans' or 'haters' are crazy. didn't some chick commit suicide when she found out jackie chan was married? because she was obessessed with him.

suicide is a viable option if you have a non operable disease and are in drastic amounts of pain. but other than that, its illogical.

but thats the sad part. people who jump off bridges and survive, they all say the same thing, as soon as they jumped, they wished they did not.
you know, maybe thats why they lived? lol. who knows.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

If I may interject..their opinions are valid..however they do not get to hold the rest hostage, by threatening to hold their breath till they turn blue and die because it didn't go their way.
The fear is as of yet..unjustified..who is whipping up the fear atm?

I'm not a trump supporter either.
edit on 12-11-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well of course the LGBTQ are scared. There will be no more experimenting with grown men in the little girls room. At least it wont be a national conversation headed by the leader of the free world.

By By LGBTQ.. In the context national leadership and national policies you are now irrelevant just like the rest of us.. Get a job, pay your taxes and you will be fine. Or off yourself.. Its your choice and the majority wont loose any sleep over your decision one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is just another psy-ops trick.

The "Campaign" in question had many back-up plans to deal with a devastating political loss.

There is absolutely no proof at all these "extra" call ins were genuine.

Another trick is the psy-ops of holding back some of the vote counts.

Psy-ops operation involve lots of psychology.

You live in a happy little world, I guess.

The lack of empathy - the coldness - the near pathological denial of other people's pain on this thread is frightening in and of itself.

How hard is it to say "Wow - like 9/11? People must be really scared and hurting. I never thought that would happen. I wonder what can be done to allay their fears because I really don't think Trump is the end of the world - how can we change the tone of this election to something that isn't so horribly divisive and cruel?"

That would be refreshing. Instead we get "neener neener you weak snowflakes! hahahahahahah!" or "psyop- that isn't really true!"

(Of course, claiming it is only a psyop is a psyop in and of itself, you know...)

There's no proof this story is even real.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ok.....I guess we need to extrapolate this line of reasoning a little bit... Let's say you had an argument with your neighbor.....your neighbor goes into his house and comes back out and walks up to you and pulls a pistol out of his jacket and points it at your head.....now if I walked up to you at that moment and asked you if you were afraid....I feel pretty confident that you would say yes....now by your line of reasoning I could say ...why are you afraid ? Your fear is unjustified because your neighbor has not actually pulled the trigger.

Now to you and I....the current circumstances do not feel threatening and we may not fully understand why anyone should feel threatened right now....but there are plenty of people in this country that have been raised under abusive circumstances. Particularly homosexuals....I know of a case within my own extended family where an individual was both psychologically and physically abused by a sibling because of their orientation. And I feel quite confident that their case was mild compared to others. When people grow up being abused by family members it is very easy for them to be fearful under circumstances that you and I would view as inconsequential. To them the fear is very real and from their perspective justifiable.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
HA! HA HA HA!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Crisis center....hee, hee, hee...Suicide calls...snicker, snicker. What a bunch of pathetic, worthless excuses for human beings. I'd say grow some balls...maybe just buy them.

These people need some serious, and I mean SERIOUS mental health care!!! TRUMP WON...THE APOCALYPSE HAS BEGUN...hahahahahahha-snicker-hehehhe-HA!

Some one please change their diapers, stick a pacifier in the mouths and turn down the volume on the baby monitor. I've seen children with more self-control than these idiots.

Maybe a revolution would help clean out these sissy-freaks. But in the mean time...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Suicide hotline

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OMG...I pissed myself...CRISIS HOTLINE...HELP ME! I CAN'T COPE WITH A REALITY THAT I DON'T DICTATE

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
From the OP: "These are not whiny snowflakes."

The Hell they aren't. In fact they should be tracked down and arrested for clogging up the line with this crap. This is even dumber than calling because you only got 5 nuggets in your 6 McNugget box. "My coffee is too hot and I can't cope!".

You people are in desperate need of real mental care. From the LGBT community...that isn't much of a surprise but everyone else? What an embarrassment. You should all be ashamed that you can't handle life.

Next time...maybe just don't call.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I see what you are saying..I guess it is hard to know another's fears or pain so I can agree with your point.
I think/hope Trump the president might be a bit better than Trump the campaigner..his history show's him as more left than right.
Either way he is in and I don't see the panic and out of hand protest as productive. If the time comes that he follows up on the crazy rhetoric than it's time to be worried.
Cheers

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

If I may interject..their opinions are valid..however they do not get to hold the rest hostage, by threatening to hold their breath till they turn blue and die because it didn't go their way.
The fear is as of yet..unjustified..who is whipping up the fear atm?

I'm not a trump supporter either.

There you go! A solution. Hey snowflakes...hold your breath as I count to 10,000.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
People have to get over this election...it is done.
Until they do, they do this childish crap will continue.
Stop whining about who won...Clinton was a criminal.
Stop the violence. Regardless of your reason, it makes you the criminal also.
I suggest some real mental health counselling.
Every day you look more and more like crybabies with no self-control.
So grow a pair and accept that part of life is not always getting your way.

Now...see what I did there

edit on 11/12/2016 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ketsuko
It is glaringly obvious that some people have far too much of themselves invested in the outcome of an election.

Seriously, if you feel like you need to die just because your preferred candidate did not get elected, you have serious mental/emotional health issues.

And, no, this is not Trump's fault or mine or anyone else's.

I stated that it was not just about one's candidate losing. Trump's hateful rhetoric played a direct part in this.

No...you are blaming it upon Trump and his rhetoric. You called him out above in your OP for "insulting" people and again you are wrong. What he said (look up the text and see for yourself) was not insulting...these same mental midgets simply TOOK it as insulting.

Sorry dear...it is no ones responsibility to have to worry about how some mental patient takes what they say. It is up the that person's Doctor.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You really have to love the snowflake Generation.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It has been lll

I have been appalled by posts on this very site that ask why are people so angry? So unhappy? Why are they protesting? People post videos of grown people crying at the election results and make fun of them. They are called whiny snowflakes, probably at the rate of once every 10 minutes. Any argument to anything, no matter how small is met with a wall of derision. It was bad before the election and is now worse, by far.

This has not been a normal election and it is not just sour grapes. This country elected someone that for no logical reason made people feel bad. He insulted women, the disabled and minorities. He has caused such fear in average people, that they are calling suicide prevention lines of all types, most for the first time in their lives.

Well please, get appalled again. Cuz these emotionally charged words like appalled being thrown around for this either means your life is dull and like so many voters this go round who know not one thing about politics, government, or the candidates, its simply something to do and as we all know, many people in this world seek out things to pretend to be mad over, so mad and distraught they can't function when for example ill take the election, they never made a single peep or gave one thought to immigration laws, never once had a heart attack over a guy saying p&$$#, and in the past when each and every one of these issues came up, acted this way during other campaigns. And much more serious things have been considered by past candidates. And that's the biggest give on earth not even you people have a logical reason to explain...why when these issues have come up every year in the past with much more strict regulations put on the table, is the only time you are so appalled youre protesting and lol crying...just so happens to be the first and only time the media have very obviously asked and persuaded people to do just that in a big media agenda mess? Hypocrites or morons? And sorry if I were there and saw me crying did taunt me to make me cry harder. Though this country is corrupt and has been for ages, the idea of the election and democracy and equality and peaceful continuity of government are sacred beautiful things and for people to be so babied and entitled to getting what makes them feel good and hurts nobodys feelings that they are willing to make a mockery of the process and God imagine the entire world watching Americans cry because we had an election and some people didn't get their way. Hell im humiliated just being part of the same nation but you are offended by the word? Im offended by millions of the real things...P#$$!&s!

edit on 11/13/2016 by AlexandrosTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a sad state for these individuals. I do have empathy for them. Yet, I cannot place blame upon Trump. Anyone thinking of suicide, has a bigger issue of victimhood that is clouding their reasoning capabilities. America should not use these individuals as political tools! We should seek out and recognize why? Why do these individuals feel so weak, helpless, and fear that they will be victimized uncontrollably?

We need to find solutions to assist them, not pander to their misperceived ideas. Yes, they need to be devictimized, so they can feel more in control of their individual lives. I will admit, I had voted for Trump. I have learned from my own experience that creating victims vs villains has never brought empowerment to any individual. Victim is a decisive label that has brainwashed too many in our world to feel they are not able to do anything on their own. Overcoming Challenges is extremely strengthening for one's self esteem. I can only hope that these individuals find a counselor that will assist them in recognizing their misperceptions. I did many years ago, and am thankful and greatful to be living a much more enjoyable life to this day.
edit on 11 13 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

Edit add: Personal fact: I spent many year's going to crisis counseling early on for child abuse and rape. I was always told it was not my fault...I was simply a victim. I then found myself later in crisis counseling due to spousal abuse. Once again, they lamented I was not to blame...I was the victim. Finally, I did end up with a counselor after my husband tried to strangle me right after I just had neck surgery. That counselor was tough to listen to at first. Forced me to stop playing the poor me victim and recognize my own choices and take responsibility. I did. It isn't easy to face the truth, but with the right support to assist you in doing so is what so many need. Not insults nor creating excuses.
edit on 11 13 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join