It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Calls to Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotlines Surge Post-Election

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: JustinT

and what are they protesting, his presidency or rhetoric?

They are trying to stop him from being able to make his campaign promises a reality. The reps will be terrified of reelection if they go along with Trump on issues that they see as toxic. A few in deep red states will go along with him, but the ones that feel in danger in two years will not. Donald Trump could damage the GOP for decades. His ideas are too divisive for the US as a whole. They please his base, but not the US as a whole. I don't think any of them figured he would be this hated after he won. I've never seen anyone in my life that's as hated as he is.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
God help us if we (as a country) have to face a real crisis.

All we would have to do is take over CNN and broadcast where the body shields...errr... smart people are needed.

Rational folk will be fine

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
the tears are wonderful

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: JustinT

a reply to: Throes

Actually, people didn't go Fthemselves. They protested because that's the best way to stop him from implementing his campaign promises. If he tries to build the wall then we will see even more protests. He will never be able to do much while people are this riled up. If he tries, Reps will fear reelection and his brand will become Toxic. His hotels are already doing a lot worse. By the end of his 4 year term, he'll be so toxic his brand might go bankrupt.

His supporters are not the people that can afford his hotels. The demo his brand caters to voted for Hillary. He likely didn't think about all that could go wrong when he ran for president because he didn't think he could win.

He's taking such a hit that he's not taking the salary of the President. Makes sense for him to do that when his brand will be worth nothing, according to you.

These protestors are asshats. This was a democratic election that was won by someone they don't like. Boo hop. Maybe they should go to work and stop blocking traffic.

They don't care about his brand. I think it's likely to become toxic, but that's not why they are protesting. They are trying to make it difficult for him to deliver on his campaign promises. For that, the protests are effective. He needs the Reps to get anything done. If they fear reelection they will not go along with what Trump wants. These protest could work.

They aren't going to work. They are just going to piss more people off and they are going to be a running joke for the next few days. More people are glad they voted for Trump now, as watching these petulant children whine is irritating but pointless, and makes them look like idiots.

You live in a bubble if you think that. People hate him and see the protests as justified. The violence, no. The protests, yes.

No, I live in the real world. So many people are so fed up with the far left. It even happened in the Democrat party it's self. It's why they didn't show up to vote for Clinton.

Donald Trump's strategy was to go so negative that he would depress the Dem vote. It worked. The problem for him is that it worked to get him elected, but its going to make governing very difficult. He's toxic, the GOP knows his win is temporary. They will run away as soon as they can. They know if they stick to him too closely it will hurt the GOP for decades to come.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I, myself, was in some type of numb traumatic stress state

There, you admit you need counselling and psychological intervention. At least you're honest

"A review of acute stress disorder in DSM5"
www.dsm5.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I'll know who NOT to share a foxhole with if the need ever arises.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I feel if any of these people are actually suicidal, than the reasons for that would have very little to do with the election results. There is something more seeded there. No doubt important to address. Maybe for them, the results were the straw that broke the camels back, but not the root cause. Callers such as these may be represented in the statistics.

In my opinion the ones getting mocked, are the "special snowflakes". The "SJWs" and such. Those that are "triggered", sometimes quite easily. The often cringe worthy. YouTube is full of their reactions. They are also represented in the statistics.

The "snowflakes" that may be responsible for making these calls are somewhat bothersome when I consider what people with real problems must go through when they have real suicidal thoughts daily and at constant battle within themselves.

Too bad there's no way to know how many calls came in from one group vs the other.

edit on 11-11-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JustinT

I'm afraid not.

Trump ran a balanced positive/negative campaign. Hillary's campaign was nothing but how horrible Donald Trump and his Supporters allegedly are.

What depressed the Democrat vote was Hillary and her puppets in the DNC rigging the convention against Bernie. Bernie's people did not vote for Hillary. They either did not vote at all, voted for third parties (probably Stein) or went as far as voting for Trump.

had Bernie been the Democratic Candidate, I am convinced he would've won it. But you can't have two anti-establishment candidates running, can you?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Vector99

I'll know who NOT to share a foxhole with if the need ever arises.

It's safe up there, it's only smart if we go fast, you lead!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Finally, you and the "experts" are using the topic of suicide and depression to further your political views.

That is so true...one has only to look at her threads.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I'm a sympathetic person and mental health is a very serious issue but this is silly, I get a "cry wolf" vibe from this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
To be external manipulated to the point where suicide would become a cognitive option... Holy crap; think about points in our history where people were so tormented that they indeed did this, and contrast it with this hissy-fit nonsense and try and put it in the same context. It is educational for anyone in the mental health sciences.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

People have gone through alot worse, think of today in particular..Memorial Day/Remembrance Day..Lest We Forget.
Think of the hell our fathers/grandfathers went through in muddy septic trenches for months on end, being used as cannon fodder..we have no freaking idea, now I'm irritated.

edit on 11-11-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: charlyv

People have gone through alot worse, think of today in particular..Memorial Day/Remembrance Day..Lest We Forget.
Think of the hell our fathers/grandfathers went through in muddy septic trenches for months on end, being used as cannon fodder..we have no freaking idea, now I'm irritated.

Yep, and so am I. Most likely a product of the "Everyone Wins" PC garbage that will thankfully become a relic in our collective philosophy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

I find that hilariously pathetic.

Sorry, but really?!

Hilariously pathetic when people contemplate suicide? that is pretty evil.

Geeze, who hasn't contemplated suicide over an election.

This ain't Saipan, altho the propaganda against Trump was just as bad.

Also known as Laderan Banadero, it is a location where thousands of Japanese civilians and Japanese soldiers committed suicide by jumping to their deaths in 1944 in order to avoid capture by the United States, as Japanese propaganda announced that 'American devils [were] raping and devouring Japanese women and children.

en.wikipedia.org...

They only have the left and media to blame, oh and themselves for being idiots.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Do people not remember how flipped out right-wing nutsos got after Obama was elected?

- They're taking our guns...
Gun sales soared. Many were back ordered by the manufacturer.

- Obama is the AntiChrist, the rapture is near!
Kept doing the same sins, but became a bit more preachy than usual.

I mean really, there's always been mentally ill individuals, or traumatized, emotionally crazed people having a rough patch in their journey through life. Hell, why do you think this site still exists?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I'm a sympathetic person and mental health is a very serious issue but this is silly, I get a "cry wolf" vibe from this.

Agreed.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It is not very hard for me to believe the statistics in the OP to be true and legitimate. We live in a time when a significant number of people are under an undue amount of stress just trying to make ends meet and maintain some hope for the future.

Couple that with the fact that we also live in a time when there is a general callousness toward others and their life struggles. This callousness is demonstrated by hasty and coarse words toward and about others situations.

Life today is tough enough for people that represent the status quo....I cannot imagine how tough it is for those that have to battle life from the position of a member of a marginalized group.

I hope Mr Trump realizes the power of his words and chooses them wisely in the future.....I hope that he will strive to reassure these people that he means them no harm. I want to believe that he has a good heart and that he will work hard to protect the well being of all people.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

"(If you don't like CNN, this has been reported by Time, ABC News, The Washington Post, Inquisitr, The Daily Caller, etc.)"

Nearly all of these MSM "news" companies are Clintonite Fear Mongering bad jokes.
I would not even consider this as serious "news" to be honest.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable

Me neither. I wonder what is wrong with these people??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join