It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Calls to Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotlines Surge Post-Election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

You could never know unless you were inside of their mind. Anything else is a baseless guess.

Just. Stop.

It's not your intention, but you are actually doing a great disservice to people with genuine mental health issues by equating people like those mentioned in the OP with them. There is so much to write and explain, but I really do feel it will fall on deaf ears if I do, so what's the point?

I am not. I am working with an article with statistics from the experts. But you feel you are somehow more informed than they.

You also worked with polls from "experts" the whole time til election day.

How did that work out again?

#GetOverIt

Polls are not the same as counting incoming phone calls.

Guess what?

Those were wrong too.

#GetOverIt

The counting of incoming phone calls was wrong????

What did those phone calls show?
What is reality?

Go ahead, take a few minutes for that one.

The information in regard to the phone calls is in the OP. Of course it is reality.

I don't need a few minutes. You will respond with something about polls.

edit on 11-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

But I am sure there were a substantial amount of well informed people who called.

I have no way of knowing whether or not that is true. I suspect it isn't because people who pay attention to these things realize that when George W became president... it wasn't the end of the world. When Obama became president... it wasn't the end of the world.

Yes, there are changes that happen (for better or worse) under a new president.... but people who remain engaged, I believe, tend to understand that the sun will always rise the next day.

The numbers are very telling of how Trump's words, in total, even without spin or edited sound bites could cause many to feel hopeless.

I'm going to, with respect, defer this to another time/thread.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustinT
a reply to: Throes

Actually, people didn't go Fthemselves. They protested because that's the best way to stop him from implementing his campaign promises. If he tries to build the wall then we will see even more protests. He will never be able to do much while people are this riled up. If he tries, Reps will fear reelection and his brand will become Toxic. His hotels are already doing a lot worse. By the end of his 4 year term, he'll be so toxic his brand might go bankrupt.

His supporters are not the people that can afford his hotels. The demo his brand caters to voted for Hillary. He likely didn't think about all that could go wrong when he ran for president because he didn't think he could win.

He's taking such a hit that he's not taking the salary of the President. Makes sense for him to do that when his brand will be worth nothing, according to you.

These protestors are asshats. This was a democratic election that was won by someone they don't like. Boo hop. Maybe they should go to work and stop blocking traffic.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No I'd rather just respond with

wait for it

President Trump.

Suicide hotlines have now just lit up because of that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Actually, people didn't go Fthemselves. They protested because that's the best way to stop him from implementing his campaign promises. If he tries to build the wall then we will see even more protests. He will never be able to do much while people are this riled up. If he tries, Reps will fear reelection and his brand will become Toxic. His hotels are already doing a lot worse. By the end of his 4 year term, he'll be so toxic his brand might go bankrupt.

His supporters are not the people that can afford his hotels. The demo his brand caters to voted for Hillary. He likely didn't think about all that could go wrong when he ran for president because he didn't think he could win.

He's taking such a hit that he's not taking the salary of the President. Makes sense for him to do that when his brand will be worth nothing, according to you.

These protestors are asshats. This was a democratic election that was won by someone they don't like. Boo hop. Maybe they should go to work and stop blocking traffic.

They don't care about his brand. I think it's likely to become toxic, but that's not why they are protesting. They are trying to make it difficult for him to deliver on his campaign promises. For that, the protests are effective. He needs the Reps to get anything done. If they fear reelection they will not go along with what Trump wants. These protest could work.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

wait for it

President Trump.

Because you typed that? Now the real silly answers are coming. I posted a news story that has been widely covered. I hope I didn't trigger people too much since the National Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotline and several of it's related organizations reported their findings and Trump is implicated in the numbers reported.
edit on 11-11-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

They don't care about his brand. I think it's likely to become toxic, but that's not why they are protesting. They are trying to make it difficult for him to deliver on his campaign promises. For that, the protests are effective. He needs the Reps to get anything done. If they fear reelection they will not go along with what Trump wants. These protest could work.

They aren't going to work. They are just going to piss more people off and they are going to be a running joke for the next few days. More people are glad they voted for Trump now, as watching these petulant children whine is irritating but pointless, and makes them look like idiots.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

wait for it

President Trump.

Because you typed that?

Yep.

#Triggered
#GetOverIt

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I stated that it was not just about one's candidate losing. Trump's hateful rhetoric played a direct part in this.

Every man for himself, ya know.

I think we're regressing as a species.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
m.youtube.com...

This comedy skit is so relevant now.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I wonder how many saw Trump in the 1st or 2nd speech essentially call for support of the LGBTQ community with a large round of applause. I am aware of one more time he mentioned them with no condemnation.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

They aren't going to work. They are just going to piss more people off and they are going to be a running joke for the next few days. More people are glad they voted for Trump now, as watching these petulant children whine is irritating but pointless, and makes them look like idiots.

You live in a bubble if you think that. People hate him and see the protests as justified. The violence, no. The protests, yes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I wonder how many saw Trump in the 1st or 2nd speech essentially call for support of the LGBTQ community with a large round of applause. I am aware of one more time he mentioned them with no condemnation.

His supporters would applaud anything. The LGBT community knows how he really feels due to the VP he choose that is extremely against the LGBT community.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Typical Trump

Trump mentioned LGBT rights throughout his speech, part of a broader foreign policy address in which he blasted the Obama administration. His pitch to LGBT individuals rested on his suggestion that the administration’s immigration policies, which he says are to blame for domestic terrorism, have directly compromised the safety of the gay community. www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I wonder how many trump supporters have called suicide hotlines because of all the hateful,vile things that have been said about them during this campaign?

These crybabies have waaaay too much free time on their hands.There is a sure cure for what is ailing these snowflakes, it`s called hard work. get em up early and get out to do an honest days hard work everyday and they`ll be too busy and too tired to be worrying about who got elected president or who called them a bad name.
They`ll be too busy working and trying to survive to pay much attention to things that don`t affect their everyday lives.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JustinT

and what are they protesting, his presidency or rhetoric?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
God help us if we (as a country) have to face a real crisis.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

They just need time to re-think how best to insult their ideological opposition and /or silence them.

We all know butt hurt crying in safe spaces brews great facist ideas and social shaming schemes.

Works all the time! Polls say so.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I am not. I am working with an article with statistics from the experts. But you feel you are somehow more informed than they.

Well I really do question your motives for creating this thread.

It seems you are attempting to use "statistics from the experts" to imply a correlation between Trump becoming president-elect and a portion of the population suffering suicidal and depressive thoughts as a result. You are insinuating that due to his rhetoric used during the election, people are so concerned and upset about their future welfare that they are contemplating suicide and having depressive episodes as a result.

As others have already pointed out, you are overlooking the fact that individuals calling up the hotlines for the above reasons already had underlying psychological problems to begin with. You are ignoring that it is close to impossible for somebody to go from a relatively mentally healthy individual to suicidal because of an election result alone. (It makes as much sense as somebody who is apparently relatively mentally healthy contemplating suicide after stumping their toe on the ground.)

You are unfairly accusing others of lacking empathy and care for others because they do not agree with your assertion that Trump's election alone could cause such things to occur. You are trying to lump together people with real grievances and genuine depression-inducing circumstances with those who are experiencing an extreme version of sour grapes.

Finally, you and the "experts" are using the topic of suicide and depression to further your political views.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

You live in a bubble if you think that. People hate him and see the protests as justified. The violence, no. The protests, yes.

No, I live in the real world. So many people are so fed up with the far left. It even happened in the Democrat party it's self. It's why they didn't show up to vote for Clinton.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join