It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Right at odds with a nation of diversity and equality?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think the most obvious reason could be the word on the street that Bannon is a leading contender to be Donald Trump's chief of staff and Bannon has himself characterized Breitbart as "the home of the alt-right."

QFT

Bannon IS the patriarch of the alt-right. Alex Jones, who spoke at the convention is another leading member. Glenn Beck counts, too. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, David Icke, the Daily Stomper (Smasher? Stormer? - anyway the White Supremacists).....4chan, WND, all of those....ALL OF THOSE are "alt-right."

Bannon as the chief of staff? Holy mother of god save us. How about Alex Jones as the head of the Dept of Education, and Limbaugh as Secretary of State! Yeah!

god help us.
I went to the market a little bit ago wearing a hoodie mr Wigs got me some years ago that says "ELECTROLYTES!" with confetti and zap-marks and balloons all around it....

"it's what plants CRAVE" is printed below that.

The lady clerk (a pharmacist) smiled as I was leaving and said "I like your sweatshirt. I've been thinking about that movie A LOT lately."

Now - I did not, in fact, don this hoodie especially for my first venture out since Tuesday BECAUSE of its printed message. I have worn it through several years, and it is one of my favorite garments. Six years ago, my dad died, and it was brand new then. It is faded but still packs the same punch --- only even more so now that it is faded.......

Its a sort of "brotherhood" of fans of intelligence....we all love "Idiocracy" as a social statement.......

or prediction.....whatever. It should be our national film now. Soon to become a Documentary of Biblical proportion. The second volume in our new "Holy Book" will be Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. The kids in the canyon. Cap'n Walker and Misses Walker. The membering.

UNLESS WE CAN GET OUR DUCKS BACK IN A ROW. I vote let's do that. Return to civility. Kill Twitter.
I mourn for this nation.

edit on 11/11/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If SJWs and snowflakes are an acceptable classification how is Alt-Right not even more accurate classification of a particular brand of right wing ideology?

Let me be clear...
Republicans are not Alt-Right.
Voting Trump does not make you Alt-Right

Has the Alt-Right movement overtaken the Republican Party? And is such a movement friend to a nation that celebrates diversity and equality?

edit on 11-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Instead of type all that conspiracy theory conjecture, you should have just embedded Hllary's Alt-Right speech video.
edit on 11-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The word diversity when used as a weapon against people who have a right to secure borders and their own culture and nation, is a real psy op.

Let this sink in: its because this world is so very DIVERSE, THAT WE NEED BORDERS.

PERIOD!

And let this sink in, the electoral map for Obama's elections was enormously different, and the VERY SAME PEOPLE who now voted Trump, voted Obama. But the Soros group of agitators would have you think that its racism that caused them to vote Trump.

Do put the brain back in the head before posting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Instead of type all that conspiracy theory conjecture, you should have just embedded Hllary's Alt-Right speech video.
When I need an editor I'll be sure to call you. But for now, I haven't watched her Alt-Right speech. I have never supported her on this site, either - except to acknowledge that she has more experience in the political realm than any other person in our nation.

I didn't want her. I wanted Bernie.
So once again - the topic is "The ALT-RIGHT". Not my style of posting. What is your definition of the alt-right?

Explain to me why my statement is wrong. I've been cruising this site for six years now.....and feel confident that I know what I'm talking about. Because I was educated to think critically of what I read. And I know that just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true....
it just makes it likely to stir up someone's bile enough to cause throwing up in the mouth a little bit. Or downright riding the porcelain pony, like my neighbor lady, an award-winning Critical Care NURSE with a master's degree had to do Wednesday morning.

You can gloat all you want. There are people who do good things everyday whose hearts are broken. You're making it worse. Stop that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
If we, as a nation, want to really talk about racism...lets ask ourselves how come our national policy is to imprison adult black males while forcing their families to live in felon infested ghettos? This is a policy, BTW, supported by both parties (as its decades long, and has only grown as time has passed).

You're not serious about this right? I don't want to get into a heated debate about how no ethnicity is forced into anything before I understand that you couldn't have possibly meant it other than with tongue-in-cheek. Much less about how it's policy lol
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The word diversity when used as a weapon against people who have a right to secure borders and their own culture and nation, is a real psy op.

Let this sink in: its because this world is so very DIVERSE, THAT WE NEED BORDERS.

PERIOD!

And let this sink in, the electoral map for Obama's elections was enormously different, and the VERY SAME PEOPLE who now voted Trump, voted Obama. But the Soros group of agitators would have you think that its racism that caused them to vote Trump.

Do put the brain back in the head before posting.

wow. I hope you feel better soon. We're all still hemorrhaging. ALL of us. Trump included. This has been brutal. It has been a cyberwar. Not on a smaller scale than the American Civil War, but on a different plane.

Do we keep going now? Yes, humans instinctively prefer people who look like themselves. Cultural bondedness is cohesion and protection. We have "tribes", that are all mixed in in America.

As much as we try to make it all 'equal', we just can't. So - we need to acknowledge that. Some months or so ago I suggested that the country could segregate itself ----- people moving from a state that is unfriendly, to a different state that is friendly to their causes and sensibilities.

But that's very very dangerous. I think secession would be an interesting thought experiment, or just breaking up the "Nation" into its states as stand alone sovereign countries. That's what happened with The USSR.

We are a united republic just like they were, or the European Union is now now. Europe is still growing into its pants - some coming, some going, some pissing, some gloating. Brexit.

Talk of tossing out Portugal or Greece. Threats of breaking off or going rogue. Threatening the stability of the whole region. We are no better than that.

The USSR is now Russia (great guys, those! i tell ya!) and a handful or so of smaller former "states" - adrift on their own but still under the shadow of the Kremlin.

They are the granddaddy of the bunch of us. The EU are the adolescents. And we have hit menopause.

Fun!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
except to acknowledge that she has more experience in the political realm than any other person in our nation.

Not even close, but I guess your editor didn't proofread any of your material before you released it, so your inconsistencies are forgivable.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

If we, as a nation, want to really talk about racism...lets ask ourselves how come our national policy is to imprison adult black males while forcing their families to live in felon infested ghettos? This is a policy, BTW, supported by both parties (as its decades long, and has only grown as time has passed).

You're not serious about this right? I don't want to get into a heated debate about how no ethnicity is forced into anything before I understand that you couldn't have possibly meant it other than with tongue-in-cheek. Much less about how it's policy lol

Im dead serious.

And if you would like to discuss it, we can certainly do it. But i won't be able to do much to participate until later today.
Feel free.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Also, now that your brain is safely buckled in. What are you going to use as the "differentiator"?

Does that mean I have to live with blue-eyed gingers and blondes? Like, ALL of them? Because frankly, I prefer darker guys and more olive complexions. Blue eyes yes, dark hair (especially eyelashes) please. Tall. Easy to smile.

But I bet I'd have to just be with blue-eyed blonds forever....or else they'd toss me in with freckled ruddy gingers. Given a choice, I'd far rather the Gingers.

So - that said -- I could first move to a state where all the gingers live. Probably my best bet for acceptance.

Or are you talking about regional differences? Because -- people from other states aren't quite like me.

Or would you go by religion?
Dialect?
Language?
Food?

Body type?
Eye color?
Acrobatic ability?
Voice pitch and timbre?

Literacy, like "highest level of education attained"?

Age group?
Clothing style?
Musical preferences?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I love how you 'must' be disrespectful / condescending in your every response to me. Can we just make out now and get it over with already?
(that was a joke)

Seriously though,
-"My" Alt-Right: see my first response to this thread.

-"Your" Alt-Right: naming all of the Fox News type MSM pundits, and throwing Alex Jones and Breitbart onto the list, doesn't somehow make them all the embodiment of some exotic new political movement. AJ in league with Oreily and Glenn beck, not a chance.

But aside from that point, you list there is a good sum of the people SJW's would hate from 'the' media. Lets not forget your 2 additional lists you posted in my Alt-Right thread, where essentially everybody you dont like (including personality types, if Im not mistaken) fit the bill of being "alt right".
edit on 11-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

oh my how nearly courteous!

Bannon himself has pronounced himself King of the Alt-Right. Did you miss that? We covered it at length over in your thread. I recall that specifically.

anyway --- glad you responded, because I had been debating making a new post to you as a last word:
If you think what I'm saying sounds familiar, then it's because I am not the only one with this very same perspective.

Wednesday morning I called my mom to pre-emptively talk her down from the ledge of catastrophizing despair that she has been flirting with. I told her that well, now we move on. We all wanted change, and now we got it. We did this.

Surgery was successful, we now have a frail newborn with multiple grave illnesses.
Now.
We have to move along. It is done. I'd prefer to wheel the neophyte into the ICU where everyone is concerned, thoughtfully considering the next best steps, calm, breathing, and cautiously optimistic.

Or we could just Keep yelling at the people who are trying to encourage resuscitation! That is SURE to help calm everyone down.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Look at the torrent of cry baby maliciously lying threads being started and abandoned within the first page or 2. If it isn't obvious by now what the majority of opinion is across the nation look no further than how fast the majority shut down these whiny little threads and the desperate replies within the first few pages to try and garner support for the twisted poor loser agenda.

I just imagine how much hate those who supported trump would get should the tables have been turned.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I would say that alt-right not only grew out of disgust with SJW's - beginning with some SJW gal doing something that pissed off ALOT of video game players, but also with disgust in politicians in the Republican party being so weak.

Personally I consider myself interested in many of the ideas these guys float around mainly because they are usually quite intelligent thinkers and writers. And I hate to burst any bubbles, but when I try to see rationale in any leftwing blogs and whatnot, I do not. It is almost always someone parroting what the DNC says. It's very weird.

Anyway, this guy here is a great writer and a definite altright guy:

voxday.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
The Alt-Right is a movement largely based in White Nationalism, associated with white supremacy, Islamophobia, anti feminism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

you read it on the internet, so it must be true. right?

don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Im dead serious.

And if you would like to discuss it, we can certainly do it. But i won't be able to do much to participate until later today.
Feel free.

That's fine.

I imagine having the time to actually dig up policy REAL policy - not some regurgitated mainstream rhetoric that shows nothing more than some radicals opinion on how things should be dealt with - is a good thing. Because frankly, if you can show proof positive that there is current, verifiable, policy that says "we are forcing minority significant others to live in ghettos startinggggggg now" and policy that dictates "all black males must go to jail", then I will be onboard with nationally motivated racism at the policy level....short of that, it will sound like nothing but spin.
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Look people, can we be serious for a minute?

We can end all of this if we simply have all of us and Trump adopt all of Hillary's and Obama's policies.

And then kill ourselves.

Easy-peasy, lemon-squeasy!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: spiritualzombie

What's up with all these Alt Right threads?

You act like there are so many white supremacists, with no evidence of there being many.

There is plenty of evidence. You ignore because:
1. You're actually a White supremacist
or
2. "It's not my problem"

Why don't you head over to alexa and check out traffic to some of you popular White supremacist sites over the last couple of months?

Let me know you if you need help parsing what you're looking at, although i'm pretty sure you're the kind that's not interest in the reality of the situation, hence your statement above.

What I can tell you is plenty of "Alt Left" people are violently attacking people who participated in a democracy.

Why don't you cover that?

How many hate crimes from Trump supporters since November 8th? Oh, let me guess, none of that's real? They are all paid shills right? Why aren't you covering that?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
no room in your "diversiry" for the "alt right"?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

All that Internet traffic to white supremacists sites are probably due to it being advertised on sites like this. Then people are alarmed and go check it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join