It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alt-Right at odds with a nation of diversity and equality?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a leftists attempt to label and demonize those who don't agree with their every thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But dig this, in the face of an organized systematic assault of the majority population group (for this I mean wide open border types policies, and mass importation schemes to off set the population that is also being targeted for assaults and ostracization), if they were to ensure self-preservation is that inherently "supremacist"?

Self-preservation or preservation of majority status? The two are distinct concepts that I beleive are being deliberately conflated to gin up fear among white people. The idea seems to be that if at some point, white people are not an absolute majority, then "we've lost our country." That could only be true if you believe that the country is a "white country" which while not necessarily "supremacist" is definitely making the construct of "race" central to national identity.

This is not a new idea. Office of the Historian - The Immigration Act of 1924

In all of its parts, the most basic purpose of the 1924 Immigration Act was to preserve the ideal of U.S. homogeneity.

I don't believe there is an "organized systematic assault" but I am aware that many people do. There'd have to be because having a sinister agenda to fight against is a lot better than admitting that some folks are terrified by the idea of losing majority status. It doesn't take very much to see beyond the thin veil when you actually read what is being written by prominent figures in the alt-right.

The person who coined the term "alt-right" is Richard B. Spencer. In his own words:

Mass immigration is patently unpopular among White Republicans; more important, immigration (along with “illegals,” “amnesty,” and related buzzwords) has taken on a profoundly symbolic meaning. Immigration is a kind a proxy war—and maybe a last stand—for White Americans, who are undergoing a painful recognition that, unless dramatic action is taken, their grandchildren will live in a country that is alien and hostile.

Vice - Some Well-Dressed White Nationalists Gathered in DC Last Weekend

"In the mid 19th century, many Jews in Central Europe had an idea of an ethno-state, an idea of Zionism, and they were considered ridiculous and insane,” Spencer said. “But they had that dream, and that dream came into reality. Our dream is a new society, an ethno-state that would be a gathering point for all Europeans. It would be a new society based on very different ideals than, say, the Declaration of Independence."

No offense but I think you've inadvertantly partaken of Richard B. Spencer's kool-aid. How do you bring about an ethno-state? Whose really advocating civil war here?
edit on 2016-11-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Bannon IS the patriarch of the alt-right. Alex Jones, who spoke at the convention is another leading member. Glenn Beck counts, too. Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, David Icke, the Daily Stomper (Smasher? Stormer? - anyway the White Supremacists).....4chan, WND, all of those....ALL OF THOSE are "alt-right."

Correction, NONE of those represent the Alt-Right, though there are supporters of the Alt-Right on 4chan.

The mainstream Conservatives and Libertarians are happy enough to let you think they're suddenly the Alt-Right, despite never mentioning any of their core issues, the reason being it was the Alt-Right that was subverting the establishment and the above list of dorks look to exploit their success...to consider Trump as Alt-Right is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Alt-right is some term the liberal left made up out of thin air. In order for them to win, (not in this case) they have to resort to labeling, name calling, and just pure unethical and immoral behavior. The same people rooting for Trump are the same people who were gung ho about Ron Paul.

It is simply a segment of the population who are sick and tired of the way our country has become lately and just want real change, and the corruption to end. So if what that says means a person is "alt-right" well than everyone in this country should be one, if they give a crap about it.

Not really. The "alt-right" was a title given to themselves after they became dissatisfied with conservative politics not being radical enough.

Alt-right as a term appeared in November 2008 when Paul Gottfried addressed the H. L. Mencken Club about what he called "the alternative right". In 2009, two more posts at Taki's Magazine, by Patrick J. Ford and Jack Hunter, further discussed the 'alternative right.' The term is commonly attributed to Richard B. Spencer, president of the National Policy Institute and founder of Alternative Right magazine.[

Some conservative wiki

You can try and pass the blame for their title or their movement onto someone else, but they're self-stylized and a proud offshoot of the traditional conservative movements in America.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
except to acknowledge that she has more experience in the political realm than any other person in our nation.

Not even close, but I guess your editor didn't proofread any of your material before you released it, so your inconsistencies are forgivable.

That is a nonsensical thing to say. No person has ever been more "qualified" in terms of a resume and experience than she is. What are you talking about? Even Obama knows it! Calm down.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Trump is said by many (including his supporters) to be a leader for the Alt-Right.

The Alt-Right is a movement largely based in White Nationalism, associated with white supremacy, Islamophobia, anti feminism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

So my question is... what is the Alt-Right to a nation that celebrates diversity and equality for all? Are they friend to a nation like that?

What does diversity and equality even mean? The terms have been bastardized so much that people are laughing at them now. Just like claims of racism and stuff. It's hard to take any of it seriously.

Does supporting enforcing immigration laws make you a white nationalist, a racist, and an Islamophobic? Does not supporting affirmative action mean that you're a white supremacist? Does not supporting gifting billions of dollars to Israel every year make you anti-semetic? Does not believing that 25% of women have been raped make you anti-femenist?

My head spins wondering if every little thing that I do or think makes me an xenophobic, women-hating racist that hates Muslims. I've simply realized that I'm none of those things. Anyone who calls me those usually just hates me because I'm a white male or -- more likely -- they're crazy.
edit on 11/11/16 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Thanks for the tip, but I never said Trump was part of the Alt-right. I said Bannon and Jones are. Because they claim they are. You don't get to tell them they aren't.

If they are misrepresenting themselves, then the "real" alt-right should be condemning their phony claims. Take it up with them, not me. I think they're all nuts.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

of course there is no policy like that. What I can show is a logical chain of events, statistics to support my ideas, and maybe some graphics for extra eye candy.

Maybe ill make a thread about this over the weekend. So as to not dump it here in someone else's thread.

As a primer, ill throw this out there: "adverse impact" is the measurement of if something is racist in a legal manner. That is the hurdle I have to clear, as dictated by the EEOC. And that is a hurdle I can certainly clear.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

True enough that they're happy to be associated with the tag but that doesn't mean they are a part of the Alt-Right, and i do get to point out that they aren't because i know the difference, condemning their phony claim is what i'm doing and what the video pointed out.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
no room in your "diversiry" for the "alt right"?

Absolutely! Plenty of room for all of us. My question is, is the Alt Right a friend to a nation that celebrates ALL of our diversity and equality? And would a leader of the Alt Right be a good leader to a nation like that?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: alphabetaone

of course there is no policy like that. What I can show is a logical chain of events, statistics to support my ideas, and maybe some graphics for extra eye candy.

Maybe ill make a thread about this over the weekend. So as to not dump it here in someone else's thread.

As a primer, ill throw this out there: "adverse impact" is the measurement of if something is racist in a legal manner. That is the hurdle I have to clear, as dictated by the EEOC. And that is a hurdle I can certainly clear.

Ok! And I would love to read that thread to be honest. I just simply wanted to have clarity on those statement because that's how they read....anyway, will be awaiting your new thread!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

except to acknowledge that she has more experience in the political realm than any other person in our nation.

Not even close, but I guess your editor didn't proofread any of your material before you released it, so your inconsistencies are forgivable.

That is a nonsensical thing to say. No person has ever been more "qualified" in terms of a resume and experience than she is. What are you talking about? Even Obama knows it! Calm down.

You calm down. you clearly have your finger on the "Lets make sensationlist claims" button, not me. Experience is directly equivalent to time in politics. You made no mention (in what I had replied to) upon qualifications, only "experience in the realm".

Clearly you do not know what YOU are talking about. But star to you for proving my point for me, thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

yeah plenty of room as long as one embraces your ideas

of course

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I don't believe there is an "organized systematic assault" but I am aware that many people do. There'd have to be because having a sinister agenda to fight against is a lot better than admitting that some folks are terrified by the idea of losing majority status. It doesn't take very much to see beyond the thin veil when you actually read what is being written by prominent figures in the alt-right.

Other than those two Red Ice videos I mentioned, I havent really seen anything from 'proper' alt-right aside maybe from some 'paraphrasing' or the like.

I gathered that from the Soros files. While it was my impression in general after grasping the sorts of se mass inundation of Muslim's into the EU, which is even more insane the way they've been handling it than our Mexico border issues.

Now you combine that with the increasingly hateful anti-white rhetoric from all the SJW type of fountainheads. And how their social engineering is all about pitting everyone but the strongest gender of the dominant group against them (including their own women, gays etc).

Thus creating a society that ostracizes the STRONGEST section of the dominant 'race' in the society, you convince their women to turn on them via 'whatever wave they're up to now' Feminism (socially engineers them to breed outside of their race out of white guilt), you keep the borders wide open while legitimizing illegal immigration (including the CRIMINALS of the lot), you set up mass importation schemes to bring in people from the Middle East (who mostly arent even interested in actually assimilating in the slightest), and some others too I'll bet, um yeah you get all those running simultaneously, and it's pretty obvious there's a design there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And yet it is the left that is rioting and assaulting people for having a different belief. So tell me, do they have a place in a country celebrates diversity and equality?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Alt-right is a segment of right-wing ideology. It is an umbrella term of which White Nationalism is a fundamental component. Under the umbrella you find associations to white supremacism, Islamophobia, anti feminism, homophobia, and anti-Semitism.

Alt-right isn't a group like KKK. The KKK would fall under the Alt-Right umbrella. You cannot deny the existence of Alt-Right without denying the existence of everything under it.

So, the question is not if alt-right exists... but rather, is Trump a leader for the alt-right? And is the alt-right in alignment with American ideals of diversity and equality?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The alt-right exists. It's a very small segment. The alt-left also exists. It is apparently quite a large portion of liberals.

Neither can exist in America and have America be the country it was meant to be.

The question you asked can't be answered as Trump has done nothing, and it is actions that count.
edit on 11-11-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You cannot deny the existence of Alt-Right without denying the existence of everything under it.

lol
make up the rules as you go along?

the absolutes with you people

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, crap. I may as well just C&P to all the race-bating comments & threads today.

I honestly believe that the vast majority of Trump supporters would have preferred far less divisive rhetoric from Trump and far more talk about 'draining the swamp' and media collusion, instead.

The "Trump supporters are racist and misogynistic" talk feels so empty to me since -- for the first time in my life -- I was called a racist for supporting Hillary Clinton over Barack Obama, in 2008. And then my own party used all the misogyny they could muster to defeat Hillary and bury Sarah Palin.

They also stole 600,000 votes from their own voters -- Democratic voters -- in Michigan, and simply handed them to Obama. Some of them were votes that Hillary Clinton won. Obama's name wasn't even on that ballot -- he voluntarily withdrew it.

These cries about racism, sexism, and unfair elections are completely hollow to my ears. Hypocrites. HYPOCRITES!

And, yes, I think everything we see from these two parties is completely orchestrated. They will do anything to grab all the power and money that they can and f- the voters.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt

True enough that they're happy to be associated with the tag but that doesn't mean they are a part of the Alt-Right, and i do get to point out that they aren't because i know the difference, condemning their phony claim is what i'm doing and what the video pointed out.

Fabulous.

You should make one of your epic threads about it right there in US Political Madness.
Do it.

You are a fantastic writer and researcher; don't think I don't recognize your name, man. You have something to say, and I encourage you to lay it out here.

With admiration,
Buzzy

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join