It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 ELECTION RESULTS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

When national politics began to be out of the reach of the common man, when only the super-rich (or those whose puppet strings were being pulled by the super-rich) could run for public office, we lost the republic. We are no longer a people governed by the people...we are a nation controlled by the elite. And we've let it all slip away, bit by bit.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I have always wondered why we don't scrap the current two party system.

There should be something along the lines of 10 choices for President/Vice President. Everyone picks the two candidates they like the best in order of #1 then #2.

Whoever gets the most #1 votes is President, whoever get the most #2 votes is the Vice President...

No parties...no tickets...... you just select what you feel are your two best choices out of 10.

That would have been better than trying to pick between dumb and dumber.

I think this would be great.
The fact that two parties makes it easier to control who the winner is an indicator in itself that the system and result is controlled.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Competitions usually come down to 2 people. That's pretty basic.

Maybe a presidential panel of 3 or 5 people would work.

It is not the 2 people.... it's the two parties backing those two people that are the problem.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: Annee

No, just some aimless pondering.

Oh, OK

Believe me, the Hillary supporters I know are taking this very, very, very seriously.

Honestly, I can't comprehend how anyone, with any intelligence at all, can vote for Trump.

Unless all they've done is listen to the hype. Not bothering to do any real research.

Funny. I feel the exact same way about Hillary. But, all I've done is listen to every Trump rally that has been aired, every debate, and every Hillary rally that's been aired. No hype whatsoever. My conclusion is that Trump is 100% more concerned about the safety and well being of Americans than Hillary. I believe it's Hillary people that have fallen for hype to be honest.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
And so it begins:

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

“I went back, pressed Trump again. Three times I did this, so then I called one of the women that were working the polls over. And she said you must be doing it wrong. She did it three times and it defaulted to Hillary every time,” Bobbie Lee Hawranko said.

Says they recalibrated the machines and have fixed the problem.

I am sure that there will be allegations like this from both sides.
edit on R462016-11-08T13:46:16-06:00k4611Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R462016-11-08T13:46:37-06:00k4611Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Jansy
a reply to: Annee

And I honestly don't know how anybody with a conscience can vote for someone who is so blatantly dishonest with the American people. And who has been, since she started her career. But power will out, I guess...

Obviously, you believe hyped up crap and rumors.

There is real, hard core fact, on Trump and his dealings.

Go back and read your post a couple up.
The arrogance and divisiveness of that post is one of the main reasons Trump got support in my view.
People are fed up of being told they are stupid or racist if they don't fall in line with self proclaimed moral and social elites.

You just nailed it... A vote for Trump is a spit in the face of all who hate him for no reason other than being a Republican. And moreso, it's a spit in the face of the federal govt. and hillary.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

And so it begins:

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

“I went back, pressed Trump again. Three times I did this, so then I called one of the women that were working the polls over. And she said you must be doing it wrong. She did it three times and it defaulted to Hillary every time,” Bobbie Lee Hawranko said.

Says they recalibrated the machines and have fixed the problem.

I am sure that there will be allegations like this from both sides.

Multiple reports in Florida of the same thing.
All the reports seem to be of ''errors" flipping votes to Democrat.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well, if that was the case then our president and VP would be Trump and Bernie. Not sure which one would be which.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Scrapping the two party system is very unlikely - though other parties and candidates have always existed - remember Ross Perot? - He was actually winning in the polls when he ran against the first Clinton.

BUT under the original constitution the top vote getter was President and the loser became Vice President
- It might be a good idea to go back to that.

This election is going to make many people very unhappy - It the losers candidate was to become the VP people might not feel so bad about the final result.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Whatever happens the USA is #ed.

Either it will be social collsapse under Trump or Economic collaspse/Nuclear war under hillary.....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
If you favor torture, mass deportation, reduced women's rights, racism, bigotry, misogyny, massive environmental pollution, and money over people, vote Trump.

OR

If you accept climate science, care about green energy, environmental issues, women's rights, healthcare, equality, and the well-being of people, vote Hillary.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I just got a text from a friend telling me that...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
If you favor torture, mass deportation, reduced women's rights, racism, bigotry, misogyny, massive environmental pollution, and money over people, vote Trump.

OR

If you accept climate science, care about green energy, environmental issues, women's rights, healthcare, equality, and the well-being of people, vote Hillary.

I prefer people who tell it like it is, don't lie, and don't accept hands up their ass to make them a puppet. Because of that, I would never vote for Hillary, or you. I also don't like hypocrites and Hillary is the top dog hypocrite, right next to obama.

link   

There should be something along the lines of 10 choices for President/Vice President. Everyone picks the two candidates they like the best in order of #1 then #2.

Whoever gets the most #1 votes is President, whoever get the most #2 votes is the Vice President...

No parties...no tickets...... you just select what you feel are your two best choices out of 10.

That would have been better than trying to pick between dumb and dumber.

If you know your history, you know that this was tried by the Founding Fathers... and did not work out well (though it was under a sort of party/club system.)

We have other parties, but they tend to focus just on the presidential race and not on gaining any real power in Congress first.

link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Whatever happens the USA is #ed.

Either it will be social collsapse under Trump or Economic collaspse/Nuclear war under hillary.....

A social collapse is needed. Society is built on filth, anger, blame, greed and low morals. The sooner it burns the better. We can all heal and come together after the rather difficult journey. Rebuilding after a nuclear war is going to be a little more difficult.
edit on 8/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

The lady doesn't give a FIG about women's rights. If she did she wouldn't be filthy rich taking money from countries that keep women in slavery and stone them if they're raped by a rutting male.

Healthcare??? You mean the "affordable" care act that is destroying individuals under crushing healthcare premiums??

Well being of who??? Homeless vets? or illegal refugees?

What a load of horse hockey....

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Look at this. LOLOLOLOLOL

I wonder will it be a bell weather...

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

She absolutely is the one
fighting for women's rights. Trump and Republicans in general want to reduce them.

Healthcare Premiums are a problem due to Private Insurers retaliation against Obamacare. Private Insurers have been fighting against affordable healthcare from the beginning. Before Obama, their big game was denying coverage to people based on pre-existing conditions. The 'Public Option' needs to be added to Obamacare. Hillary Clinton is the only person pushing for affordable healthcare. Trump and Republicans are pushing for a full reversal to put all power back in the hands of private insurers. Don't let their greed game win.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Sillyolme

Excellent. Trump really doesn't have much of a chance; the educated/enlightened are going to win this.

That make you feel good at some level lol?

Education is no indication of intelligence. When somebody rattles off the education they have as justification of themselves I will often say "Somebody had to teach you to think eh? So sorry for you, most of us learned to do that on our own." which ends in laughter, and some hurt feelings. The point is to get them off of their smug buggy. I see so many people that went to college which are so idealistic and ignorant of their own ignorance while parroting somebody else's thoughts. Make up your own thoughts and get back with me.

My advice to everyone is to watch the higher level show which is going on and that is the manipulation, the division. It is easily done through handing out labels to divide with like "liberal". Telling people what they are and how to affiliate themselves because of this. That, I think, is a terrible shame and it's manipulation in where we have the self proclaimed educated bleating like sheep and being needlessly proud. People need to stop looking where the magician wants them to look. That takes a greater consciousness however.

edit on 8-11-2016 by Apollumi because: gramar

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

How's voting going so far? Been busy whole day, couldn't track the election...

Are we winning?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join