It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Believe in Jesus Without being a Christian

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think we are back to the Aussie and Cajun thing i mentioned earlier.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
I think we are back to the Aussie and Cajun thing i mentioned earlier.

Please explain this to me, because I don't see what you're talking about in the post. I am very interested in reading what you're refering to.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
this is what i was talking about.

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
here is a thought, we all know (i think ) that English is if not the one of the
most difficult languages to use because of words with same pronunciation
and different spellings , and different pronunciation with same spelling, etc.
next time one of us comes across a situation like this try picturing this.

6 people in a room or on a board like this ( it works better in a room) discussing
a topic like religion or world politics, 1 from Glasgow Scotland, 1 from Newcastle England, 1 from Sydney Australia, 1 from Toronto Canada, 1 from Baton Rouge
Louisanna, and 1 from Hollywood California.
They all speak english right? you could even say they all speak english as a first language.

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is a difference and yes I do believe in Jesus and his teachings. I do not have faith in any of the organized religions of the world. So far I have come across issues with just about all the religions that profess faith in Jesus.
The Roman Catholic's changed the 1st Commandment. It used to say (sorry I do not have it word for word) but "thou shalt not create any graven image nor wiorship any other god unto me" It now goes something like " Thous shalt not worship any other god unto me. They took out the part of the graven image. Enter into any Catholic church in the world and you will see why they did this. You have statues of Mary, Joseph and various saints including the cross. This is in direct violation of the "origional" commandment. When I returned from overseas, I was being assigned to go to Desert Storm. To help my wife who was from Korea, I wanted her to have the assistance of the church.
We went to the local church and we were interviewed. The questions posed to use were such things as Were we married in a Church? Did we have premarital sex? Did we drink? and on and on. After the interview, we were told to wait in the waiting room while the churches council discussed our joining them. After awhile, we were told to come in and they agreed to accept us into their congregation if my wife went through Sunday school, Was baptized, and then we were married in the church. Until then, My son would be considered a ba***d as he was born out of church ordained marriage. Needlesss to say we told them no thanks and left.
The Baptist, lost me when attending a sermon, the preacher continued on and on about the sins of the farther would be passed down to the son for seven generations. Sorry, children are gifts from God. There is no way that god would punish a child for something that their farther or great ... grandfarther had done. If I sin, I pay the price, Not my son and his children.

Jehovah's Witnesses, well they changed the entire book of Relevations to fit their belief system.
I am sorry, from everything that I have read, from studying the Bible and the teachings of Christ, the only real staement that he made in regards to a church was his statement to Peter that he would be the rock to the foundation of his church. Throughout Jesus' teachings, he repeatedly mentions that he is teaching a way of life. That your body is the temple to God. It is not any Church or synagog. Organized religions, in my opinion, should only be for spreading the word of Jesus, not control it people but to teach it congregation. To help them in time of trouble. To help them and other to see the light.
I am today a firm believer in Jesus and his teachings, I am against christianity. Can you see the difference?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
i LOVE your post! i wish my ex-boyfriend would think the same. He loved me alot in the start and suddenly realised that i was a hindu. he asked me to choose between him and my religion. I am made of my religion..if i give up on my religion meaning im changing myself which i never wud. ive laways respected Jesus while he always keeps insulting my religion. i love him to this day and cry every night but he just is so blinded by the religion thing that he just doesnt see my tears.

P.S :- I am "XxibelievexX" something's wrong with my account.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join