It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Ready to Hit Back If Russia Tries to Hack Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents

I think all the anti-Russian cyberwar posturing lately has been part of the system getting it in people's heads so they'll be more accepting when the next president officially lays down the actual laws regarding it. Right now, we gauge the attacks as they come and then determine how to respond. There's nothing that says, for sure, this is an act of war or this isn't. So we're going to define that legally. Hence, Hillary's stance of treating any cyberattack like a physical attack.

It doesn't matter whom the next president is, either one will probably be dealing with that issue.

That's asking for a large leap of faith though, don't you think? Just relegating it to "an acceptance of an idea" by way of using warspeak to do it? Yikes....

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

I've never seen nor heard of cops guarding line workers while they work. Sounds fishy.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren
a reply to: Advantage

I hope you're right, certain unsavory elements in our government seem willing to go to any lengths to cover their butts though. I for one won't lend a hand in it if they start a war, served for 6 years and this corrupt government won't be getting another one from me.

I told this years ago on here. My husband was nearly killed in the sand box.. shot in the chest a few times. He is a big guy and a fighter. He healed physically, but you know whats never healed? He was shot and nearly killed by a US made weapon in enemy hands. Its the thing that eats him alive.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

Yes, but look at what was specified. The electrical grid. If the grid goes out, no one will be voting. No one will be doing anything.

And that would be catastrophic.

Indeed it would. People think internet...they don't consider what else can be accessed via the internet that can have real, physical ramifications...not just for voting, but for the safety of the country. And if it happens, I don't think it'll be Russia. They're being scapegoated here.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

You would be surprised how often that happens over there and it's sickening. I was lucky enough I never took a bullet, just a bit of shrapnel in my left leg.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You would be surprised how often that happens over there and it's sickening. I was lucky enough I never took a bullet, just a bit of shrapnel in my left leg.

Yep, its nothing approaching an isolated incident, thats for sure. Then when we see who they were supplied by and etc.. insult to injury. Makes a man dangerous.
Oh and thank you to for your service. Cant leave you out.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

I've never seen nor heard of cops guarding line workers while they work. Sounds fishy.

I've never seen it either, and our whole neighborhood is talking about it...it's definitely not normal at all. Neither is the night work...they only do that if there's an outage at night. It's also not our local power company trucks, either. The trucks are white and unmarked, and the uniforms are gray with no patches or anything. We have been told by the apartment complex that they are contractors.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

LOL look at their hands. If they arent beat all to hell, theyre not the kind of contractors youd think they were.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Don't panic. Not yet anyway. I'm not worried about (seriously) a war coming to fruition, I'm more worried about the implications of further deteriorating ties with Russia. You might ask why that is? Well if it were ONLY Russia I would almost ignore it completely.

But (and yes there had to be a but), We've got Iraq, we've got Syria, We've got Russia indelibly etched into Syria's infrastructure and Government, and we've got a razor thin UK who is battling with their own issues of (no I don't mean the Muslamic Ray Gun) but close, the BRexit referendum which if things go south real fast in the UK, could spell a lot of trouble economically here at home on top of all the aforementioned issues. Having Russia as a staunch ally during this time would definitely be advisable over the alternative to be honest.
edit on 4-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Can you get a look at the plates on those contractor trucks? Might be worth jotting it down and seeing what you can find later.

It should be pretty easy to find out who and where they are registered to.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Thoren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I've never seen it either, and our whole neighborhood is talking about it...it's definitely not normal at all. Neither is the night work...they only do that if there's an outage at night. It's also not our local power company trucks, either. The trucks are white and unmarked, and the uniforms are gray with no patches or anything. We have been told by the apartment complex that they are contractors.

Just as a point of interest, in NJ and NY (my part of the world here) the Cops are actually required to be on-site for any road repairs, line maintenance, etc....for various reasons, but mostly for insurance purposes.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Cops usually help block off freeway overpasses when they are working on something its normal to a degree. The question is where they are doing the structure upgrade we need someone who can track it.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Can someone please explain something to me?

How much effect would Russia plan to have on the election if half the registered population has already voted by the end of this weekend?

Did our stupid, lying, McCarthyist president not take that into consideration when he disseminated the spin to the masses?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

LOL look at their hands. If they arent beat all to hell, theyre not the kind of contractors youd think they were.

Well it's funny that you say that, because they don't look like any contractors I've ever seen. The uniforms are crisp and clean, ditto their hard hats...and the crew seems awfully substantial for just simple maintenance. I haven't gotten close enough to see their hands, but they definitely don't look like your typical electrical crew at all.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

Yes, but look at what was specified. The electrical grid. If the grid goes out, no one will be voting. No one will be doing anything.

Indeed it would. People think internet...they don't consider what else can be accessed via the internet that can have real, physical ramifications...not just for voting, but for the safety of the country. And if it happens, I don't think it'll be Russia. They're being scapegoated here.

Yep, without a doubt being scapegoated...I think Russia is FAR less interested in US politics than our own people in the US would like to believe....maybe another poster has it right, maybe a false flag who knows...

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Can someone please explain something to me?

How much effect would Russia plan to have on the election if half the registered population has already voted by the end of this weekend?

Did our stupid, lying, McCarthyist president not take that into consideration when he disseminated the spin to the masses?

Well, I see what you're saying, but half the registered voting population cant possibly vote by the weekend as not enough states allow early voting I don't think to substantiate that kind of number. Though I could be wrong on that count, still a vast majority prefer to wait until election day itself.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Cops usually help block off freeway overpasses when they are working on something its normal to a degree. The question is where they are doing the structure upgrade we need someone who can track it.

Well, it's not anywhere near the freeways though. It's major streets and also side streets. I live in a huge city and they do maintenance pretty frequently on those same streets and never once have I seen road flares and police. They don't close off entire streets for that either, just whatever section they're working on. It's been going on for a while, but the past week it's been happening everywhere around here and more people are starting to notice.

I don't know how anyone could track it...they're doing it all over the city and we've got a population of almost four million here. They say it's a contractor...well, that doesn't make sense either. We've got a ton of crews working for the local company...if it was some kind of huge emergency job, it would be plausible that they'd contract out, but this is just supposed to be "updating". It's very strange.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yep, without a doubt being scapegoated...I think Russia is FAR less interested in US politics than our own people in the US would like to believe....maybe another poster has it right, maybe a false flag who knows...

I hope not...that would be a very scary situation here if they took the grid down. The implications of something like that are horrifying...never mind the stupid voting booths...that would be the last thing that would matter anymore.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Well, it's not anywhere near the freeways though. It's major streets and also side streets. I live in a huge city and they do maintenance pretty frequently on those same streets and never once have I seen road flares and police. They don't close off entire streets for that either, just whatever section they're working on. It's been going on for a while, but the past week it's been happening everywhere around here and more people are starting to notice.

I don't know how anyone could track it...they're doing it all over the city and we've got a population of almost four million here. They say it's a contractor...well, that doesn't make sense either. We've got a ton of crews working for the local company...if it was some kind of huge emergency job, it would be plausible that they'd contract out, but this is just supposed to be "updating". It's very strange.

Yea, any departure from the norm should always send up red flags. Do you happen to know precisely what it is they purport to be upgrading?

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I hope not...that would be a very scary situation here if they took the grid down. The implications of something like that are horrifying...never mind the stupid voting booths...that would be the last thing that would matter anymore.

Horrifying to say the least. Do you maintain emergency supplies, even the FEMA recommended 3 days worth, batteries, a radio that doesn't include network connectivity, etc etc? If not I bet it would make you feel better to have a little O S__t kit ready for yourself.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join