It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

U.S. Ready to Hit Back If Russia Tries to Hack Election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: alphabetaone

no, tracking and mapping of cell phones.

Was my next guess, but yea...that figures!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

Ok, well they're opening up the ground and doing stuff in there, while the existing power lines are actually above ground, which is precisely what has all of us wondering what the hell they're doing out there. In fact, that's the reason I even started paying attention to them in the first place, because why are they digging up the pavement when the lines aren't under there in the first place?

I cant help but wonder if some of these guys are stragglers from the Jade Helm 15 project. Long and short of it, if you don't know what it was, was faux military training exercises designed to (allegedly) prepare troops for unfamiliar terrain that took place in Texas, Arizona, Louisiana and a couple other states in the summer of 2015. But the description you gave of the guys certainly sounds familiar.

edit on 5-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Now we already know that this whole election process is bulls*t so for the government to make an accusation like that, we know all this warmongering is bull# too.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

No...they're just telling people that they're doing updates to the hardware. So it could be anything...legit or otherwise. I'm assuming most people just accept that explanation...what else can you do, you know?

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Ok, well they're opening up the ground and doing stuff in there, while the existing power lines are actually above ground, which is precisely what has all of us wondering what the hell they're doing out there. In fact, that's the reason I even started paying attention to them in the first place, because why are they digging up the pavement when the lines aren't under there in the first place?

I cant help but wonder if some of these guys are stragglers from the Jade Helm 15 project. Long and short of it, if you don't know what it was, was faux military training exercises designed to (allegedly) prepare troops for unfamiliar terrain that took place in Texas, Arizona, Louisiana and a couple other states in the summer of 2015. But the description you gave of the guys certainly sounds familiar.

Oh yeah, we're very familiar with Jade Helm...that stirred up a lot of people around here. They didn't come to our city, but people were extremely unhappy about the idea that they might. These guys definitely don't look like soldiers though...or utility workers either.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

Yes, but look at what was specified. The electrical grid. If the grid goes out, no one will be voting. No one will be doing anything.

And that would be catastrophic.

Indeed it would. People think internet...they don't consider what else can be accessed via the internet that can have real, physical ramifications...not just for voting, but for the safety of the country. And if it happens, I don't think it'll be Russia. They're being scapegoated here.

Yep, without a doubt being scapegoated...I think Russia is FAR less interested in US politics than our own people in the US would like to believe....maybe another poster has it right, maybe a false flag who knows...

I hope not...that would be a very scary situation here if they took the grid down. The implications of something like that are horrifying...never mind the stupid voting booths...that would be the last thing that would matter anymore.

Horrifying to say the least. Do you maintain emergency supplies, even the FEMA recommended 3 days worth, batteries, a radio that doesn't include network connectivity, etc etc? If not I bet it would make you feel better to have a little O S__t kit ready for yourself.

We've got extra food and water just in case of an emergency, a windup radio too, actually. Several windup flashlights, plus I'm a candle artisan, so lighting won't be a problem if something happens...I've got a couple hundred pounds of wax and I can make candles over a fire if I have to. I've got a little veggie garden too, so that's a food source. Not much of a prepper...I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass, because I should know better. If the power went out for a week or so, we'd be OK. Beyond that though...I'm not so sure.

Hopefully nothing will happen and this is all just more fear mongering. I keep telling myself that if something happens, it won't be a situation where we'll have any warning, so the warnings are a positive thing in that context. It's so easy to freak out with all of this insanity constantly bombarding us, so I'm trying to just stay as objective as possible. It's good to have you guys to talk to about stuff like this. I think we are pretty good at keeping each other grounded. I would be happiest if nothing happens at all, but I know things are volatile so I'm just staying alert and watchful.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
FALSE FLAG ALERT!! CLINTONISTAS GETTING DESPERATE!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzenI keep telling myself that if something happens, it won't be a situation where we'll have any warning, so the warnings are a positive thing in that context.

While I don't espouse the idea of panicking, likewise I wouldn't automatically assume the above either. Some of the more effective OPS tend to be ones that aren't given warning actually, at least those that are destined for a coup type scenario. People have a propensity to not let register the threat being put right in front of them.

As far as supplies, you sound as though you're just fine, and honestly there is only so much preparation you can make until it becomes unmanageable without a lot of storage room ala a bunker.
edit on 5-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzenI keep telling myself that if something happens, it won't be a situation where we'll have any warning, so the warnings are a positive thing in that context.

While I don't espouse the idea of panicking, likewise I wouldn't automatically assume the above either. Some of the more effective OPS tend to be ones that are given warning actually, at least those that are destined for a coup type scenario. People have a propensity to not let register the threat being put right in front of them.

As far as supplies, you sound as though you're just fine, and honestly there is only so much preparation you can make until it becomes unmanageable without a lot of storage room ala a bunker.

Oh I'm registering the threat, definitely...just trying to keep a balance between concern and rationality. But I think you're spot on, because it's very easy to convince yourself that there's no threat at all, and I see that a lot on these forums.

When it comes to fear, at least for me personally with regard to this, I'm not worried about survival as far as food, etc. I'm worried about other people who might get desperate and become violent . Fear can turn people into animals. I would see them as the biggest threat in a crisis situation...long years in the medical field taught me that.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen I'm worried about other people who might get desperate and become violent . Fear can turn people into animals. I would see them as the biggest threat in a crisis situation...long years in the medical field taught me that.

That, right there, is the absolute biggest worry...the crumbling of community.

I'm not sure if you remember or not circa 2005 when the power grid got shut-down up and down the eastern seaboard for about 30 hours because a SINGLE transfer stations transformer failed in conjunction with switching capacity. I wasn't here (in the tri-state) during that time, but some connections I had here were describing chaotic scenarios resembling a total anarchy. That is only 30 hours, imagine a far more protracted and intentional systemic failure?

Yes, other people less prepared become time-bombs

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Now we already know that this whole election process is bulls*t so for the government to make an accusation like that, we know all this warmongering is bull# too.

Well, they sort of stopped short of making a direct accusation, more in line with a "IF you do this, THEN we'll do that because we're telling you outright that we can!"...

Regretfully though, it's war language and now that we, USA, has shown that we cant let cooler heads prevail, we have to rely on the Russians to affect that.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The grid in my town was fortified over the last few years. I think this is going on all over because of the high concern over grid vulnerabilities. One of the reasons I know this is because when our power was knocked out by a person hitting a pole with his vehicle in late September, within one minute the knocked out lines switched over to another line and the power came back on.

This is an improvement over the electricity being off for 2-4 hours while workers repair the damage. This way they can do repairs without any lines being dead.

I hope that's what is going on in your locale. It's a possibility I wanted to add.

edit on 5-11-2016 by tweetie because: spelling.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: tigertatzen

The grid in my town was fortified over the last few years. I think this is going on all over because of the high concern over grid vulnerabilities. One of the reasons I know this is because when our power was knocked out by a person hitting a pole with his vehicle in late September, within one minute the knocked out lines switched over to another line and the power came back on.

This is an improvement over the electricity being off for 2-4 hours while workers repair the damage. This way they can do repairs without any lines being dead.

I hope that's what is going on in your local. It's a possibility I wanted to add.

It's an excellent point, for redundancy. The way tigertatzen's locale seems to be going about it though seems a little suspicious, but in all likelihood it is business as usual with rude, clean, non-chapped-hands guys that seem to have no respect for fire hazard or traffic codes lol....

I'm saying that somewhat tongue-in-cheek for levity, but sincerely you could be perfectly right and nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That's right people!

The only people that get to hack our elections are US.

If you ever watched the television series the Good Wife.

There was an episode about that.

It's how Alicia lost her election.

Interestingly enough that show was based on one of the real life presidential candidates.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's right people!

The only people that get to hack our elections are US.

If you ever watched the television series the Good Wife.

There was an episode about that.

It's how Alicia lost her election.

Interestingly enough that show was based on one of the real life presidential candidates.

Haha no, I never watched it to be honest (I'm not a big TV watcher), but I would definitely go out of my way to look for that one...sometimes TV shows are more prophetic than we give them credit for.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

HE ONE WHERE ALICIA WINDS UP SOBBING IN PETER’S ARMS | The Illinois election board follows up on claims that Alicia committed election fraud — specifically looking into evidence of a microchip found inside a voting machine that, it turns out, can switch votes from one candidate to another. Alicia is too awestruck by legendary Spencer Randolph volunteering to take on her case to look deeper into his motives, and the dude turns out to kill it in front of the board — although things take an ugly turn when he suggests said chips had more to do with Peter stealing the governorship than with his client’s current situation.

He tells the election board that he’s learned Alicia is guilty as charged, that the voting machines were hacked at her discretion, that she indeed committed the “high crime of stealing this election.”I consider myself enough of a Good Wife superfan not to let myself be shocked by anything anymore — but I’ll admit this twist had my jaw picking up fibers from my living-room carpet. “Be a good Democrat. Step down now. Everybody wins,” Randolph tells her coolly. But with Alicia and the state’s most powerful man (AKA her hubby) now fighting from the same corner, let’s not call this a TKO quite yet.

tvline.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Even in my small town the way in which things are done (emergency responses, utility work, road work) has changed. A lot of it appears like an over-response compared to (and motorists trying to pass through be damned in some cases) what it used to be.

Just some thoughts.

If anybody tries to mess with Texans on Election Day, LOOK OUT!!

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ok, now I sort of do want to watch it hahaha thanks Neo.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Ok, now I sort of do want to watch it hahaha thanks Neo.

Back to anyone is going to hack our election.

It's US.

Russia just might give us an 'honest, and fair' one if they did.

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Even in my small town the way in which things are done (emergency responses, utility work, road work) has changed. A lot of it appears like an over-response compared to (and motorists trying to pass through be damned in some cases) what it used to be.

Just some thoughts.

If anybody tries to mess with Texans on Election Day, LOOK OUT!!

I think that's pretty much a universal sentiment at this point!

Personally I think the "big-brother" aspect is becoming way too far-reaching and these over-responses, to use your words, are small steps toward attaining that goal.

I'm an old school thinker, I don't WANT to shed Liberty for Security...I mean let's do the math a bit, prior to the 9-11 attacks I didn't feel insecure or threatened; during the 9-11 attacks I didn't feel insecure or threatened; after the 9-11 attacks to present day I don't feel insecure or threatened (and with all of that I say "anymore than the inherent risks that normal day to day life has ALWAYS posed")

With the above one cant even say "well that must mean the anti-terrorism campaign is working" because it was never needed to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join