It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Ready to Hit Back If Russia Tries to Hack Election

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Advantage
a reply to: alphabetaone

Seriously bad news because we dont have a habit of "just" sabre rattling. IN fact, we have had war without declaring it in several countries as of late. Unfortunately we are a viable threat to another viable threat. It doesnt make sense for the Russians to do anything with our elections.. although HIlls and her folks know the Russians HATE her folks. Our relations have broken down so badly we were walked out on in the midst of talks concerning Libya.

Exactly right, and it's because of this I couldn't believe what I was reading. As you can tell from my posts and threads count, I VERY RARELY create a thread....but this, I couldn't ignore and for a lot of the reasons you've just pointed out.

I hear you, my justifiably paranoid new friend.
Seriously though, this is absurd.. and provokes things into being set into motion that SHOULD NOT BE. I devoutly love my country ( I chose that word on purpose) and I dont like this one bit.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I hope NBC News executives pay dearly for their propensity to leak our nation's secrets. The Department of Homeland Security and the FBI should go get the bastards and lock-em up.

While in some ways, I share the same knee-jerk reaction, in a case like this, I prefer to just let them run with it...this way in the event of something "untimely" at least maybe WE, thepeople can actually have some advance warning and be able to steel ourselves against it....not that I think NBC news is the insider I would want to have in my arsenal, but at this point, from MSM, I'll take what I can get.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I wonder who is calling the shots over at the State Department. Have they lost all semblance of reality?

Russia has, countless times over denied any desire to disrupt the Presidential Election process but never made any claims that they actually could if they chose to do so. This is an important distinction to me as they seem to be handling matters of State more eloquently than we seem to be.

U.S. military hackers have penetrated Russia's electric grid, telecommunications networks and the Kremlin's command systems, making them vulnerable to attack by secret American cyber weapons should the U.S. deem it necessary, according to a senior intelligence official and top-secret documents reviewed by NBC News.

Source for Above Snippet

Am I the only one who finds this reckless? Or do they know something that they aren't telling us? ie., Russia has actually threatened us; if so I haven't heard of that.

And this beaut!

U.S. officials continue to express concern that Russia will use its cyber capabilities to try to disrupt next week's presidential election. U.S. intelligence officials do not expect Russia to attack critical infrastructure — which many believe would be an act of war — but they do anticipate so-called cyber mischief, including the possible release of fake documents and the proliferation of bogus social media accounts designed to spread misinformation.

We threaten their infrastructure (which our own officials classify as an act of war) because of some prognosticator-arrived-at perceived threat of internet mischief?

This is way off-balance and counter-intuitive to mending the relations with Russia.

Have a read and let me know what you think...

Really?

Listen, I am a nice guy, and I really try not to be condescending... but...

Do you think that if Russia planned to hack our elections, Putin would pick up the phone, call Barack.. and threaten him saying.. "Giod evening comrad.. we may possibly hack your elections if they dont go our way..."

Are you serious?

Its obvious that if we think Russian hackers may attempt to hack out elections, we formulated that opinion based off our DoD intelligence agencies and staff intercepting communications or U.S. hackers finding footprints of Russian hackers bear our elections systems.

I understand the majority of the people on this site love Trump... why people on a conspiracy site like a billionaire overlord who is too dumb to ghide his shady dealings well enough.. and support the GOP which is filled with our rich natural resource controlled overlords is beyond me..

That being neither here nor there... I dont think many of you understand the situation in Russia very well... or know many recent Russian immigrants (I do).

Its headed towards pre-WW2 Germany status. The people are poor, hungry, and lack opportunity. Putin is essentially a totalitarian leader, his reign is beyond the vote and voice of the people, and hes getting desperate. He needs to look good for his people soon or else there will be a revolt.. so he needs someone to blame.. he needs to distract his citizens...

So.. his idea.. the dissolution of the USSR has stripped mother Russia from some of its key resources, resources partially blocked from them by big brother USA... he wast to take back the eastern european countries to take the economic resources to keep his economy afloat.. at the same time he wants another cold war.. to boost manufacturing..

Putin knows Trump will leave him alone and let him do his thing. Thats the motivation.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yet another reason to vote Trump.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I think the hidden gov will attack the electrical grid in america. Its a false flag, watch come election day the electrical grid go down. It will be blamed on russia and a war will start remember an act of cyber terrorism is considered to be an act of war. With the internet down they will say hitlery won the election based off electoral college votes and the popular vote wont be taken into account.

question does anyone know the places they started fixing the electrical grid in case of a massive solar flare it was talked about recently. I bet its for their info-structure to remain up while everyone elses is down.

Wow....you have no idea just how much I'm hoping you're far off base with that one. That would be catastrophic. Sincerely, that simply cannot happen.

I could see them starting a war, they need a much larger distraction than normal to pull peoples attention away from all the corruption that is being exposed. A war with Russia would rally the people behind the government against the "Red Scare".

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I suspect the U.S. has cyber-warfare capabilities as yet unrevealed.

I vaguely recall the U.S. getting in trouble for hacking into cables buried in the ocean so they could snoop on other countries without their knowledge.

I wouldn't be surpised if we have direct access to Russia's digital backbone.

Well, Russia's backbone is structured much like ours is, we have the Major carriers, although (and a weak point for the USA) is that most of the major carriers: read ISP's rent LEC's through Verizon...though we all may have different cable or fiber optic carriers, Verizon is the the largest owner of Line Equipment in the Nation, so its almost (though not quite) a single point of failure. Even the periphery (telephone poles or underground structuring) equipment, a lot of that belongs to Verizon...TLDR, you shut down Verizon, you can basically shut down communications across the nation. This does not include POP Satellites, as they would obviously still operate.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

Yes, but look at what was specified. The electrical grid. If the grid goes out, no one will be voting. No one will be doing anything.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Whomever in our government threatened Russia physically, in retaliation for their potential cyber attack, is obviously a Trump supporter. That person wants to show how dangerous an Obama/Clinton administration is, compared to Trump's desire to "get along and work together with" Russia.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

I could see them starting a war, they need a much larger distraction than normal to pull peoples attention away from all the corruption that is being exposed. A war with Russia would rally the people behind the government against the "Red Scare".

Putin doesnt want a crippled America.. he wants a fully functioning US with diplomatic ties... trade and such. A LARGE portion of the US everyman has had it with this govt and crony crap we have all seen out of the lifelong "qualified" politicians. Putin has 2 things he can do. Like the rest of us, hope we get out from under the oh so quaified fat cats.. one thing trump said was TERM LIMITS.. which scared the hell out of them all... and the other thing Putin CAN do : is tactical nuke certain areas and let the country restart for his betterment... but consequently ours. A destroyed US benefits NO ONE.. so if we have a catastrophic grid failure or etc.. you can bet we destroyed ourselves. Like the greedy kid that breaks the toy if he has to share.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

I cant tell if youre being condescending or not, but I will say as a 20 year retired Corps vet, Ive seen my share of Russians and had dealings with them.

Also, I'm no Trump supporter, nor a Clinton supporter, I know you don't know me, but in a few threads on here I've pretty well laid out that I plan on simply not voting at all.

No, I don't seriously believe it would be as ridiculous as you pointed out...the article isn't mine, I'm just questioning it and the whys of it. But if you want to talk incredulous assumption, you may have to speak with the people over at NBC News.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Greggers

Absolutely No Voting Machine in all the 50 States is Connected to the Internet , so How could the Big Bad Ruskies Effect the Outcome of a U.S. Election Unless they Invaded the Country in an act of War ? That is just a Ridiculous Idea....

Yes, but look at what was specified. The electrical grid. If the grid goes out, no one will be voting. No one will be doing anything.

And that would be catastrophic.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Hah a Corps vet! #1 Thank you for your service, #2 Im the wife of a very awesome combat vet Marine.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that I can see our government starting a war with Russia based on a false flag as a distraction.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Whomever in our government threatened Russia physically, in retaliation for their potential cyber attack, is obviously a Trump supporter. That person wants to show how dangerous an Obama/Clinton administration is, compared to Trump's desire to "get along and work together with" Russia.

Sure enough, I could see this as a bump for the Trump campaign (I just made him a new motto, Bumps for Trumps), we're not talking about Celebrity Apprentice here ya know what I mean? We're talking about potential war which frankly, a LOT of people in this country simply don't understand the ramifications of were it to reach US soil.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Hah a Corps vet! #1 Thank you for your service, #2 Im the wife of a very awesome combat vet Marine.

Hah! Go figure again! Semper Fi

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoren

I think you misunderstood me. I'm saying that I can see our government starting a war with Russia based on a false flag as a distraction.

And even then, no one wants a crippled US. Even in retaliation. Our allies are not fond of a russo-us war. Our people are not going to go along with it. I am pretty sure out mil wont go along with it. False flag or not.

We spilled enough of our blood for this corrupt government.
edit on 4-11-2016 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I hope you're right, certain unsavory elements in our government seem willing to go to any lengths to cover their butts though. I for one won't lend a hand in it if they start a war, served for 6 years and this corrupt government won't be getting another one from me.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Actually it can and cyber warfare is a big thing. Think reactor sites going offline and using back up generators to cool cores if electrical grid goes out so do streetlights and gaspumps. Fires unattented to no phone no news no running water in your house i would advise everyone to stock up on food and water if it happens and maybe invest in a geiger counter while your at it just in case.obviously i would say keep a gun with plenty of ammo to protect your self.

Dude...you're thinking the same thing I am. I just saw your post from earlier, and while I hope that's not what's happening, I'm worried about it.

They've been blocking off entire streets here, right in the middle of rush hour, throwing down road flares and have cops guarding while they are doing something to the power lines. They've been doing this for the past few weeks, but they've got workers out there at night now, too. They're saying it's to update the hardware on the lines...at least that's what they've told the business owners. Having the police out there is very strange too...that is not a common practice in this city.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join