It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaiah 13: Iraq soon to be nuked ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
not that I care but I think it refers to "god" not making anymore creatures, thus resting. mehbeh.

or perhaps he wanted a soda.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Fred you are now twisting your original argument...your argument was that GOD NEEDS REST and isnt almighty and powerfull and by your quoting of scripture saying GOD RESTED, you seem to think that this proves God NEEDED a rest...there is no evidence whatsoever,,,thats crazy. People take rests all the time ...doesnt mean they NEED a rest...in many cases they do...but i know in cases such as myself and many people i know that even when we are not tired we want to 'relax' or 'rest' and watch a movie or 2....this isnt because we NEED it, but because we want to APPRECIATE the movie and some relaxing time....like God wanted to appreciate his creation....i dont think we should carry on with this as we are going in circles....we have said our piece....id prefer to stick to the subject at hand being Isaiah 13, thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Soilder.... Your dogma is relentless. Hmm maybe the sea receded, and left the salt? While it does not have the fire and brimstone appeal to it, it a scientific explanation to a common geological occurnence eh? Doubt you will see it that way, but check out the list below and see what applies:

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

How many apply?????

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I wonder fred...have YOU TRULY looked for evidence of the God of the Bible? I doubt you gave it a fair hearing....i was converted at 18 years old by PROOF i found that i didnt want as i hated God and anything to do with it. PROPHECY is the biggest proof there is, but not the only proof. If YOu truly want proof, i offer you my website, which is on my profile...im not allowed to post it in here. If you do not want proof, you wont STUDY my site but you will ignore it and continue to make accusations about Christians and our God (Jesus) of which you have never looked into great depth about and thus your argument is pretty void and noone is really going to listen to someone who hasnt studied prophecy yet debunks it at its first appearance. I got proof for mine...do you have proof for your belief that the God of the bible isnt real? Read my proof, then you are entitled to form an opinion.....and ill respect it, but ONLY if you gave it a fair trial and didnt just skim my material....but read EVERY word so as to get a full understanding.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
But Fred...email me as i want this board to be about the prophecy of Isiaiah 13 please?.....i always tend to drift off onto other subjects which gets people confused and angry....i am trying to stick to this subject of Isaiah....but by all means mail me and ill talk to you some more. Probably best if you wait till you have read my site, then get back to me. Start a thread about the subject you are talkin about....ill be glad to add some posts to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
god doesnt drop nukes, stupid people do.

Ill drink to that

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Part 1 works too...it mentions other places...also it wouldnt hurt to look in google for ancient atomic warfare etc

[edit on 26-1-2005 by soldier_of_the_lord]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join