It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaiah 13: Iraq soon to be nuked ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In Isaiah chapter 13 it describes a nation coming from the end of heaven against babylon (iraq) with many other nations with it.

A big deal is made before the invasion it says and finally the iraqis will be 'dashed to pieces' and the whole land shall be uninhabited and destroyed as Sodom and Gommorah.

Evidence from Israeli archaeologists have said that there is evidence of unusually high levels of radiation(but safe for humans) at the historic site of sodom and gommorah prompting some to say its evidence of ancient atomic warfare

If this is true and i am convinced it is, then when Isaiah 13 says Babylon/Iraq will be destroyed as Sodom & Gommorah, then to me from my own research it is clearly saying that Iraq will be NUKED by atleast one or more nukes that will make the land uninhabitable.

As we see on the media today, it is clear that Iraq is in chaos and it will get much worse. US troops will pull out eventually and invade some other nation in the middle east. Reasons may vary but expect Iraq to be NUKED and SOON!

Do searches on the net for this prophecy.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This site claims the prophecy has already been fulfilled:

Isaiah 13:19

Babylon's kingdom would be overthrown, permanently
Bible passage: Isaiah 13:19
Prophet: Isaiah
Written: perhaps between 701-681 BC
Fulfilled: 539 BC
   In Isaiah 13:19, the prophet said Babylon would be overthrown, permanently. History confirms that when Cyrus conquered Babylon in 539 BC, it never again rose to power as an empire. Before the time of Cyrus, however, Babylon had been defeated by the Assyrian Empire but was able to recover and later conquer the Assyrian Empire. However, like Isaiah said 2700 years ago, the Babylonian Empire never recovered from Cyrus' conquest.

www.aboutbibleprophecy.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You have disproved your own theory. If you believe that the evidence supports ancient atomic warfare, then it has already occured.

Also:

Radioactive decay occurs like clockwork. If the background levels are higher than the norms for the area, the time between the detonation of a nuclear device and the present levels can be correlated.

There is no evidence of any cesium contamination beyond that which occured when we first started above ground testing. None. If a nuclear war occured with an earlier advanced civilization, the geology from that time would show the contamination of such an exchange globaly

Where is the evidence of this civilization advanced enough to build an atomic device? The Egyptians? Great builders yes, atomic scientists no.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Fed...how have i disproved myself? The atomic warfare was in Sodom and gommorah...NOT babylon...you are confused. Isaiah says babylon will be destroyed as those cities were. Also the salt formations of which some extend over 8feet tall are more evidence of atomic warfare according to some scientists....also.......i am not talking about the inhabitants of the cities of sodom and gommorah having atmoic weapons...but GOD using this type of technology/

Djohnsto.....i dont agree with that website for obvious reasons...isaiah 13 says babylon will never be inhabited again and be completely destroyed...it is inhabited at present and thus makes this sites study wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Okay, let me see. if god is so all powerfull that he created the earth and the heavens in 7 days, why does he need to use atomic weapons to kill off humans?

Also, why did he need to rest after those 7 days if he is all powerfull?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:01 AM
link   
He can use any techno he wants...the fact he used techno similar or identical to a nuke is simply so people like me could interpret the prophecy of isaiah 13 and warn others it is about to be nuked and thus fulfilled...if God hadnt used nuke techno, then of course noone would really know what to expect when it says Babylon will be destroyed as the cities of sodom and Gommorah were.

Also God didnt 'need' a rest...he simply took it to admire his creation.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If you look at the whole prophecy:

19 Babylon, the jewel of kingdoms,
    the glory of the Babylonians' pride,
    will be overthrown by God
    like Sodom and Gomorrah.

20 She will never be inhabited
    or lived in through all generations;
    no Arab will pitch his tent there,
    no shepherd will rest his flocks there.

21 But desert creatures will lie there,
    jackals will fill her houses;
    there the owls will dwell,
    and there the wild goats will leap about.

22 Hyenas will howl in her strongholds,
    jackals in her luxurious palaces.
    Her time is at hand,
    and her days will not be prolonged.

You'll see in 21-22 that animals can inhabit the area. If there's a problem with nuclear contamination, how can that be?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier_of_the_lord
Also God didnt 'need' a rest...he simply took it to admire his creation.

For a soilder of god, you sure do not know your bible

From The Book of Genesis

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:16 AM
link   
'Rested' doesnt mean God 'needs' it. It simply means he rested plain and simple....a good idea would be to look up the strongs concordance hebrew translation for a better understanding of the word used: "rested".

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:36 AM
link   

'Rested' doesnt mean God 'needs' it. It simply means he rested plain and simple....a good idea would be to look up the strongs concordance hebrew translation for a better understanding of the word used: "rested".

Im sorry, lets look beyond the Book of Genesis:
God is tired and rests (Exodus 31:17)
Seems to be he did need it eh?

Are you suggesting that I take your version of events? :shk: Hmm how do explain away the contradictions?

God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31

God is dissatisfied with his works. Gen 6:6

tsk tsk and in the same book

[edit on 1/26/05 by FredT]

D

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Soldier, please stop posting stuff like this. You're misinterpreting the Bible completely and it is people like you who make life hard for other Christians. Please stop because I don't want to have to go through the basics of the Bible for you.

[edit on 26/1/05 by D]

D

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 26/1/05 by D]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
quote: .

This means the American troops are already there ?

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Fred, you got serious problems...where EXACTLY does it say God NEEDs a rest...nowehere...he doesnt need a rest, he simply takes one for an example to his creation the humans for hem to follow this example by resting the 7th day (friday sunset -saturday sunset-sabbath), in honour and respect of what he did. Stop being silly.....you are making yourself look insane.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have heard that propechy and wonder about it myself. I seriously doubt the US will nuke Iraq.....we have too many of our own people all over it. But in todays world, I am quite surprised that some radical group or person has not yet got there hand on a nuke and tried to deploy it. I suspect if a nuke does goe off in the middle east, it may be from their own people sadly. As for atomic bombs back in biblical days........I doubt such technology was known and I have not heard or read much about radiation levels around the world that can be dated so far back. I don't think mankind had the knowledge to create such weapons at that time.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
god doesnt drop nukes, stupid people do.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I blame those damn aliens, always nuking ancient cities. Someone oughta really put a stop to that.

[edit on 26-1-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I can say I do not believe in aliens dropping anything or even existing but as for stupid people.........they are everywhere you look so I agree with that one.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Fred, you got serious problems...where EXACTLY does it say God NEEDs a rest...nowehere...he doesnt need a rest, he simply takes one for an example to his creation the humans for hem to follow this example by resting the 7th day (friday sunset -saturday sunset-sabbath), in honour and respect of what he did. Stop being silly.....you are making yourself look insane.

As I said before, is that your interpretation or are you posing it as a fact?

Hmmmm to quote:
Exodus 31:17

It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested

Sound like taking a nap to me

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Check out this link about Ancient Atomic Warfare being used in various places including Sodom And Gommorah;

www.nexusmagazine.com...

Here is an excerpt;

To the west of the southern shore and in the direction of the Biblical "Land of the South", the Negeb, stretches a ridge of hills about 150 feet high and 10 miles from north to south. Their slopes sparkle and glitter in the sunshine like diamonds. It is an odd phenomenon of nature. For the most part this little range of hills consists of pure rock salt. The Arabs call it Jebel Usdum, an ancient name, which preserves in it the word "Sodom". Many blocks of salt have been worn away by the rain and have crashed downhill. They have odd shapes and some of them stand on end, looking like statues. It is easy to imagine them suddenly seeming to come to life.

These strange statues in salt remind us vividly of the Biblical description of Lot's wife who was turned into a pillar of salt... And everything in the neighbourhood of the Salt Sea is even to this day quickly covered with a crust of salt.

Researcher L. M. Lewis, in his book Footprints on the Sands of Time,19 maintains that both Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by atomic weapons and that the salt pillars and high salt content around the Dead Sea are evidence of a nuclear blast. Says Lewis:

Lewis maintains that if the pillars of salt at the end of the Dead Sea were ordinary salt, they would have disappeared with the periodic rains. Instead, these pillars are of a special, harder salt, only created in a nuclear reaction such as an atomic explosion.

These pillars of salt have indeed lasted a long time. Not only were they present in ancient times, but are still standing today. Lewis quotes from the historian Josephus, who says in his History of the Jews:

.but Lot's wife, continually turning back to view the city as she went from it, although God had forbidden her so to do, was changed into a pillar of salt; for I have seen it, and it remains to this day.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join