It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they replace Hillary with Joe Biden,Bernie Sanders or Michelle Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: schuyler
Michelle Obama has no experience.

It might be hard to be President, but just how hard would it be to an intelligent, well-spoken person?

Apparently it is pretty hard, judging by the 2 onstage and Mr. Aleppo.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Spalding can play out her holes.

"You'll get nothing and LIKE it!"

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Michelle is popular, but she is not qualified to run the United States of America. What real achievements has she ever really had?

I would say Biden, but he is 74 or 75 years old....that's getting a little long in the tooth and he makes an awful lot of gaffs, perhaps because of it.

Tim Kaine is just creepy as hell.

Bernie has lost people's respect for the way he folded and took the $$$.
edit on 1-11-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Biden - The Likable Idiot
Obama = The Idiot
Kaine - The Box of Rocks (w/o rocks , wink , wink)
Sanders - The only viable one.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
From what I understand, if they force her to step down now Bernie will be up to bat. If she is elected and goes down in flames then her vice takes over I think. Not totally sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I'd happily throw a vote to Biden if he were running. The guy comes across like a used car salesman at first glance. Then you look at who he is.

Rather than go into long winded words, ill sum it up with: the dude rides home every night after work as VP, so he can spend his evenings with his family. That is a value and virtue that I relate with. And he does all sorts of stuff like that. just....quaint virtues that I find appealing.

Given the current field, we could do a whole lot worse than Joe Biden. And I have never voted Democrat in my life (full disclosure: i abstain from voting nationally in protest, and have for about 25 years, since Perot)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No replacement. DOJ will make the thing magically go away. Problem solved. People will bitch, the country will stay divided and the well-greased wheels of DC will keep on turning.

Do you honestly think that all the people from BigPharma via MIC and down to the biggest financial players will all of their investment go to waste?

They paid for HRC and they will get HRC.

US is a banana republic and the highest bidder gets the spot.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This will all blow over and you will be refering to her as president clinton in a week and a half.

By the way, would someone pass her a towel?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

There's not enough time for them to change candidates. Plus, early voting is almost over in many States and most other voters have already decided who they're voting for.

Also, I unfortunately don't think this is going to hurt the Democratic Party long term. The Green's simply don't have the political infrastructure to make huge gains from the Democrats. Put it like this: local, State, and federal elected positions and bureaucracies still contain millions of registered Democrats. There's no way all of these people will just instantly jump over the Green Party, especially since a lot of Dems openly loathe the Green Party for being a "spoiler" party.

The best chance for the Green Party is for them to keep siphoning away far left & left-leaning undecided voters over the next 2 years. Even then, I doubt they'll reach even 10% of the electorate since they don't have many local, State, and federal candidates to run for office.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They better not put Bernie on the ticket, I already voted for Trump and I would want to change my vote if Bernie replaced Hillary. Oh, I suppose my vote means nothing anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
NO BIDEN!
He's a "HANDSY"perve The DNC seems to attact them...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
According to *their own rules* the DNC should nominate Bernie Sanders as the 2nd place finisher in the primary.

There was another rule in place at the same time that said they could meet and decide whom to nominate but that rule was suspended for some reason some time ago. So only the rule above re: Sanders applies

Now whether or not they follow their own rules is an entirely different kettle of fish...

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

No, Biden could have REALLY helped "Saturday Night Live" ,dang it

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
First of all, nothing will come of this email thing. Hillary will still be there come election day and all this will die off.

But...Sanders is viable, Michelle Obama would be a good choice...I think she beats Trump...people actually like her. People also like Biden...he's likeable. likability has a lot to do in winning an election. People liked Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W, Obama, Carter, Ford. They all had that likability factor. Hillary and Trump are missing that.

Or, forget all them and just vote in Jill Stein.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The VP would take over the ticket. Select a new VP after election.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Dream on. I hate to say it but you seem to be forgetting that the fix was in from the very beginning. Hillary is going to be the POTUS. It will be worse that Watergate.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't it have to be either Kaine or Sanders? Don't most states have requirements to be on the ballot that either Biden or Michelle Obama couldn't meet at this late date?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I honestly don't know how it would work, but It would bug the hell out of me if Kaine was allowed to have the nomination without a single vote from the public.

Any change prior to the election should go to the runner up in the primaries.

Kaine should only be allowed to replace her after she's elected, but even then I couldn't trust anyone connected to her circle to do things any differently.
edit on 11am04am302016-11-02T04:41:56-05:0004America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

There's not enough time for them to change candidates. Plus, early voting is almost over in many States and most other voters have already decided who they're voting for.

If they had to replace Hillary, I'm sure they'd have some kind of rule that allows them to push back the elections and start over.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

If they had to replace Hillary, I'm sure they'd have some kind of rule that allows them to push back the elections and start over.

They can't just do that. Article 2 Clause 4 of the US Constitution gives Congress the power to set the election day, meaning it would take an act of Congress to change it. Or as good old wikipedia puts it (HERE)

A uniform date for choosing presidential electors was instituted by the Congress in 1845.[1] Many theories have been advanced as to why the Congress settled on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.[5] The actual reasons, as shown in records of Congressional debate on the bill in December 1844, were fairly prosaic. The bill initially set the day for choosing presidential electors on "the first Tuesday in November," in years divisible by four (1848, 1852, etc.). But it was pointed out that in some years the period between the first Tuesday in November and the first Wednesday in December (when the electors are required to meet in their state capitals to vote) would be more than 34 days, in violation of the existing Electoral College law. So, the bill was reworded to move the date for choosing presidential electors to the Tuesday after the first Monday in November, a date scheme already used in New York.[6] The period between Election Day and the first Wednesday in December is always 29 days. The effect of the change was to make November 2 the earliest day on which Election Day may fall.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join