It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump closing the gap, now ahead in Florida

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

It was all fun and games for the past year but as the election gets ever closer people are starting to get more serious with themselves about their choice for president.
They know that they will have to live with their choice for the next 4 years and many of them are probably seriously questioning whether they could really live with 4 years of Hillary,scandals,investigations,inquiries, etc.

This isn`t a reality T.V. show, the choice you make on election day WILL affect your life (for good or bad) for the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: In4ormant

Millionaires and self proclaimed billions should not be allowed to collect social security.

By that reason they shouldnt have to pay into it either. Fair is fair

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Also look at the raw polling numbers on RCP, Hillary now has a 2 point advantage, it was 6+ about a week ago.

Trump is gaining fast across the board.

I do not like what the Republican party stands for. I can stand anyone who thinks the environment is less important than making a quick buck.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zerodoublehero

If they don't want to pay in, then they can renounce their US citizenship. Fair is fair!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The real X factor in all this is already starting to manifest and that is massive voter turn out. People who almost never vote or have never voted. They are voting this time and not for her. Early voting lines wrapping halfway around buildings. La, report yesterday 67% increase in early voting which is insane. Granted she won't win that state but still, this is going on almost everywhere that I have read about. It's going to mess up the polls. How much....who knows but the margin of error I would assume is more than double.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Indigo5

Voter enthusiasm has dropped for Hillary. I am sure the news about Donna Brazile, yesterday, isn't going to enthuse Bernie supporters.

It's really a nail-biter, at this point.

Before last week, I never once thought Trump might win. For the first time ever...I think he might.

He has gone from about a 1 in 10 chance to about a 1 in 4 chance...according to analysts and odds brokers.

Buckle-up

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
The real X factor in all this is already starting to manifest and that is massive voter turn out. People who almost never vote or have never voted. They are voting this time and not for her. Early voting lines wrapping halfway around buildings.

You almost got that right..

Early voting is underway in many states, and things seem to look good for Democrats.

CNN suggests that Democrats have improved their standing in Arizona and Nevada, compared with 2012. Democrats also are voting at high rates in the key battlegrounds of Florida and North Carolina, according to news reports. The New York Times is estimating the November vote in North Carolina, using the early vote totals and other information. That model predicts a Hillary Clinton victory.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

This election cycle is even more important than that. With the balance of the Supreme Court likely dependent upon the winner, this election cycle could determine the course of the country, especially with regard to domestic policy for the next 20-30 years or more.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The system can either be changed to being elective in participation or abolished altogether--there's no reason that the government can force people who otherwise don't want to participate in the government-run retirement system to pay into said system. It's just another thing in the personal lives of American from which the government should remove itself.

If I want to put my own money in my own type of retirement account (or even not at all, if I'm that irresponsible), then that should be my right. To use the illogical idea that if people don't want to pay into the system, they should renounce citizenship, is asinine. Show me where in the Constitution that it says that, in order to be a citizen, one must give the government their own money for a forced retirement fund...I'll wait.

As far as Trump rising in the polls, I've always thought that the reported numbers will not reflect what will happen on election day, so this doesn't surprise me.

That said, I'd prefer that neither win, but that's not a reality-based dream, so it is what it is...I'll be doing my part to get a third party on the national stage for the next election.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

It was all fun and games for the past year but as the election gets ever closer people are starting to get more serious with themselves about their choice for president.
They know that they will have to live with their choice for the next 4 years and many of them are probably seriously questioning whether they could really live with 4 years of Hillary,scandals,investigations,inquiries, etc.

Yes...in a perfect world Dems would flip congress and put an end to the political obstructionism and witch hunts.

Honestly...everyone knows that ANY Dem nominee would be cast as Satan and congress would obstruct.

Most of the country are grown-ups and not prone to given into tantrums by GOP.

I think Dems will take the Senate plus WH, which will dampen some of the nonsense.

The House wont flip for another 4 years, but we will see if the GOP wants to go full fringe irrelevant in that time or actually get some things done.

This isn`t a reality T.V. show

Amen...Trump wasn't even good at that either.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Yes...in a perfect world Dems would flip congress and put an end to the political obstructionism and witch hunts.

Honestly...everyone knows that ANY Dem nominee would be cast as Satan and congress would obstruct.

I think Dems will take the Senate plus WH, which will dampen some of the nonsense.

The House wont flip for another 4 years, but we will see if the GOP wants to go full fringe irrelevant in that time or actually get some things done.

An FBI investigation is a witch hunt?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I'll have to see it in the final results before I believe it. I think Hillary is going to have a very, very tough time reaching the turnout levels that Obama did in 2012, much less 2008.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Yes. The FBI is obligated to thoroughly investigate when directed to by a Congressional Committee.

What was the FBI's conclusion again?
edit on 1-11-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

The real X factor in all this is already starting to manifest and that is massive voter turn out. People who almost never vote or have never voted. They are voting this time and not for her. Early voting lines wrapping halfway around buildings.

Early voting is underway in many states, and things seem to look good for Democrats.

CNN suggests that Democrats have improved their standing in Arizona and Nevada, compared with 2012. Democrats also are voting at high rates in the key battlegrounds of Florida and North Carolina, according to news reports. The New York Times is estimating the November vote in North Carolina, using the early vote totals and other information. That model predicts a Hillary Clinton victory.

Ok. Trump is going to get completely crushed. Nobody will show up for him. All is lost for the GOP. Comey is also going to get arrested and Assange hanged. What was I thinking.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Nate Silver has updated his forecast.

It includes Trump taking Florida and Clinton winning 304 to 232

projects.fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ok. Trump is going to get completely crushed. Nobody will show up for him. All is lost for the GOP. Comey is also going to get arrested and Assange hanged. What was I thinking.

You got all of that from me pointing out that Early Voting polls show Dems ahead contrary to your claim?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Yes. The FBI is obligated to thoroughly investigate when directed to by a Congressional Committee.

What was the FBI's conclusion again?

The FBI criminal investigations into the Clinton Foundation and email server are still ongoing, so no conclusion yet.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Which isn't very likely so....

She's ahead in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Nevada, plus all the traditionally blue states.
Trump needs to wrestle those swing states away from her plus some blue one.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

CNN suggests that Democrats have improved their standing in Arizona and Nevada, compared with 2012. Democrats also are voting at high rates in the key battlegrounds of Florida and North Carolina, according to news reports"

What a completely bizarre thing to report.

Why would the Washington Post look at "news reports" when Florida posts the actual statistics of the votes cast, so far?

In Florida...so far, republicans have cast more votes:

Link

It's interesting how that was spun into 'early voting looks good for Hillary.'

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You got all of that from me pointing out that Early Voting polls show Dems ahead contrary to your claim?

I know. I bow down to Hillary now. It's all over. Even though Fla just flipped for him today I must accept defeatism. I must accept that Republican turnout during the primaries was all a facade.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join