It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump closing the gap, now ahead in Florida

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oh trust me, this state is all Trump baby. I live in a city that proudly boasts a district called 'Gaybor', a play on Ybor city, the club district it resides in. But you drive through any, I promise you, ANY neighborhood and the Trump signs are everywhere! What do you expect from a military city??

Not only that, the Cubans here overwhelmingly favor Trump vs Clinton, and I am getting these opinions from people who do not even speak English well!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: In4ormant

My guess is the reason he does not release his tax returns because he collects social security and someone will provides information showing that is something else he is hiding and does not want the American people to know about.

Millionaires and self proclaimed billions should not be allowed to collect social security.

But he's allowed to pay in? I understand he has been skating on income taxes with the loss he claimed but even if you go exempt on taxes you still get hit for SS and Medi.

He should be able to draw on the SS he's paid in.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Republicans have cast more mail-in/early ballots, in Florida, so far.

Link

Also, Trump's polling with independents is stronger than Hillary's if recent polls are to be believed.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

At this point Trump is going all-in in Florida.

Clinton is going all-in in North Carolina.

If she wins NC, Trump can't win even if he runs all of the other toss-ups, Florida included.

You can see states that are still toss ups here and click to change the colors. 270 to win it.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
He'll win florida by 11.
You heard it here, just by looking at early votes
Landslide folks

I've seen where a few people have run the numbers comparing early returns now to the same point in 2012 and have come to similar conclusions, that Trump will win by at least 7 in Florida. We'll see soon enough, I suppose.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Clinton is going all-in in North Carolina.

They are tied, right now, in NC, if the polls are to be believed: Link

And she is on a down swing with the news this week.

I guess we'll find out on November 8...or 9...sometime after the election, anyway.

ETA: That poll was taken before Friday's news, btw.
edit on 1-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes, I can read the information I originally posted.

Trump is also gaining in a few states that are likely Hillary.

Regardless, Trump cannot win without Florida. Hillary may be able to win without Florida.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
FLA, plus three more states.

FLA is a must win plus any combination of three more. Certainly possibly. What the polls can't gauge is the 99% that refuse to respond to polls and all the people that are showing up out of nowhere that seldom or never vote like myself. After seeing the early voter line yesterday when I voted that was enough to tell me on a small scale the polls have left some things out of their equation. Some things just can't be measured like a bunch of pissed off angry people that finally decided they had enough.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

Social security is meant for people who need it to be secure financially, not for those who are already secure financially.

We all pay into it for the benefit of the nation and those less fortunate...it does not mean millionaires and billionaires get to collect too.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

umm no. Florida is the deciding factor in nearly all Presidential elections.

Florida’s population has exploded in the past 60 years and its electoral importance has grown with it, from eight electoral votes at the end of World War II to 29 today, fourth most in the country. Influxes of Cubans, retirees, service workers to the theme park economy booming near Orlando and other groups have resulted in a state much more diversified – both economically and politically – than many of its southern brethren. As a result, although still leaning slightly Republican, Florida is today seen as perhaps the ultimate battleground state, its population a microcosm of the country as a whole. This reputation was enhanced by the closeness of the 2000 election, where it took a month of legal wrangling to decide the winner. In 2012, Florida was the only state decided by less than 1%, with Barack Obama besting Mitt Romney 50.0% to 49.1%.

The only time we got it wrong in thirty+ years was Bill Clinton's first term against CIA sith lord Bush Sr.

We got this Trump, we here in Florida are making sure you keep the POTUS position!!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

On CNN last night, there was a report on Florida residence voting for Trump, only because they dont want Hillary in office.
They had a good reasoning behind their decision. Saying the lesser of 2 evils would be to vote for Trump. And how they dont support him, nor does he represent their beliefs, but in order to make their vote count they had to vote for him.

I voted Trump with my Absentee voters ballot (I live in Canada)

I want to have a reason to return to my home town of Detroit some day.
Perhaps Mr T can be incremental to that decision

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That poll has a 4 point margin of error.

There is a poll with a 3 point margin of error that has Trump up 2 in NC.

North Carolina is Clinton's checkmate state...whatever the outcome, that is where Dems will panic if it goes Red Tuesday night. If she wins it, she will likely win the election unless some blue state flips red unexpectedly.

Florida would be a bonus for Clinton. If Trump wins Florida, he is in the game.

Last I read Trump was spending a ton on African American communities and Latino Communities in FL with targeted Ads aimed at discouraging them to vote for Clinton. He doesn't need them to vote Trump, he just needs them to feel negatively enough about Clinton to not go to the polls.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Good for him.
He's just lost New Hampshire and is about to lose Arizona.
Oh and Pennsylvania is gone for him too.

Too bad so sad. 🎶

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
She's still the favorite.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

umm no. Florida is the deciding factor in [url=http://www.270towin.com/states/Florida]nearly all Presidential elections.

Key word is "Nearly"...and this aint your typical election year.

Right now Clinton has 263 electoral college votes in the safe column.
She only needs 7 more.
Trump has 164.
He needs to run FL - GA - NC - OH - IA - AZ - CO - NV
She just needs one of those...She already has a 4 point advantage in CO (which should be a win there alone) NV is a toss up. If she gets NC and loses the rest, she wins.

Florida will determine the election in the sense that Trump cannot win without it.
But Clinton can win without Florida.

Florida gives Trump a shot at running the board, but then he has to go on to win GA - NC - OH - IA - AZ - CO - NV

North Carolina and NV are his worries after Florida. GA, OH, IA will likely go his way. NV? Maybe. CO? Very Unlikely, but possible...then NC.

that is why Clinton is retreating to NC. It's her safe, fall back state that guarantees a win if everything else suddenly goes to hell.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Voter enthusiasm has dropped for Hillary. I am sure the news about Donna Brazile, yesterday, isn't going to enthuse Bernie supporters.

It's really a nail-biter, at this point.

Before last week, I never once thought Trump might win. For the first time ever...I think he might.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
my guess is that we will see very few up-to-the-minute polls published by NBC ABC CNN this week.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bernie supporters who vote for Hillary are simply reaffirming that the dirty tricks the DNC used to get Bernie out of the race worked like a charm.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Hmmmm he needs Florida.

Hillary does not.

Try to remember that.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Hmmmm he needs Florida.

Hillary does not.

Try to remember that.

She does if he sweeps the other battleground/swing states.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join