It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man´s IQ Scores Keep Falling And Falling - There Is Only Devolution, No Evolution...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

One could argue that the smarts needed to succeed and advance in this day and age are just a different set of smarts. To be honest we aren't getting dumber. REAL scientific studies are showing that humans are just as intelligent as they were back in the ancient days. There are just more of us now so the dummies are more numerous.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaussq
2) Man´s IQ scores are falling rapidly in line with DNA mutation rates making man weaker and dumber as time goes by.. This is in complete contradiction to the Theory Of Evolution. A civilization could not have lived more than 30 000 years because by then the DNA would be totally alterred for worse.

3) Einstein already predicted this in his days that man would become idiots when technology took over our human interaction.

As noted by Einstein, I'm a firm believer that if IQ scores (which are a relative-based assessment anyhow, so take the scores with a grain of salt) are falling, it's because we live in a time when technology and other peoples' inventions are solving all of life's problems for us--we have no real need for problem-solving skills like the average person did even 100 years ago.

I think that the claim about devolution based solely on IQ scores is a falsehood, but I do think that man's increasing reliance on technology in lieu of our own brains is a major problem that I don't see getting fixed any time soon.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

His conclusions made it relevant:

It seems like today´s society only confirms one thing: Man and mankind is devolving at an alarming rate and a massive depopulation seems likely today when checking the world state..

To which I added, we aren't 'dumberer' as long as the edumakated keep writing instruction manuals. We will survive and flourish to the bitter end. The destruction of everyone and everything.

All resources depleted, the biosphere polluted, the genome devastated by mutation due to the toxins released by our "civilization".

How smart s that?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Hogwash.

Our IQs arent dropping because evolution is false.

Its actually indicitive of evolution being correct.

Our IQs are dropping because we dont have to think as hard to survive anymore.

Cavemen had to think constantly to survive.

Our soft coddled butts not so much these days. No your desk job doesnt require you to think nearly as hard as someone trying to survive in the woods. Were not like animals that have natural defenses like speed to flee from predators. We have to outwit them and the rest of the environment.

If theres no need for a high IQ to survive you start to loose that high IQ as you dont need it anymore. Pretty straight forward.

Kinda like a coddled person who never exposes themselves to pathogens gets sicker much easier than a person constantly exposed to pathogens. The reason being is that since thay coddled person is never exposed to disease they dont need as hearty an immune system and thus it gets weaker.

This isnt rocket science guys.

Very much this.

And to add. . . .

Why learn anything when you can "Google" it?

Why memorize, why exercise that brain, why use cognitive abilities, when everything is at your fingertips?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It seems like today´s society only confirms one thing: Man and mankind is devolving at an alarming rate and a massive depopulation seems likely today when checking the world state..

My opinion : Population of america is actively dumbed down (bad food no excersise , gore and violence on tv). Without that process people would be as smart as ever maybe even smarter.

Experiment Just Watch MTV/kardasians for a hour.. tell me do you think that makes one smarter or dumber ?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gaussq

This actually falls directly in lime with the Hopi oral histories. In the first sun, mankind communicated telepathically and could move objects with psychokenesis and lived for more than a thousand years. In the second sun, some lost the ability to communicate telepathically and psychokenesis and their life span decreased. In third sun, most lost their abilities and their lifespans dropped to hundreds of years. In the fourth sun, our present time, very few retained any form of psychic ability and lifespans dropped to 80 to 100 years.

Seems like we are devolving according to the oral history. I guess the fifth sun will be a real mess.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As I was telling a friend the other day.. everything is de-evolving. It's just the nature of the Universe. It is true that we've seen more stars die than be born? (Not TV/Movie stars!)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I agree, but I have to say, if the cardashians actually had gore and violence, I might watch it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have always thought that while we have a chance at having a divide of the " Haves " and " Have Nots " we could just as well have the divide be between the folks with a " Desire to Learn " and a " Desire to fulfill desires ", one leading towards self discovery and the other leading to self destruction or stagnation.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I agree, but I have to say, if the cardashians actually had gore and violence, I might watch it.

or... even... absurder...

southpark.cc.com...
ahhhh I'm loosing my last iq points heeellpp

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I've never understood the IQ of a person going lower because of technology,
What about the people that make newer technology?a reply to: Gaussq

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I have always thought that while we have a chance at having a divide of the " Haves " and " Have Nots " we could just as well have the divide be between the folks with a " Desire to Learn " and a " Desire to fulfill desires ", one leading towards self discovery and the other leading to self destruction or stagnation.

You pointed out a wise and important consideration - 'a desire to learn' - and I'll bet this parameter was not included in any study.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: darknewt

So many people in this thread don't understand how IQ works. IQ is a variable score that increases or decreases over time as you learn and forget things. If your brain is trained right, your IQ will be higher, but if it is out of training it will be lower. PLUS it is unreliable since the test itself is flawed.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaussq
2) Man´s IQ scores are falling rapidly in line with DNA mutation rates making man weaker and dumber as time goes by.. This is in complete contradiction to the Theory Of Evolution. A civilization could not have lived more than 30 000 years because by then the DNA would be totally alterred for worse.

You will note that the graph starts in 1950, this is during the height of the cold war. This is when mankind was meant to be at a natural height of IQ, if the graph showed before, it would show a increasing, so obviously they are painting a narrative.

Society tends to favor necessity. during major conflict (such as the cold war), intellectualism is valued, so intellectuals breed more, schooling is more important, criminals are less attractive, etc, and you have a society that gains IQ, then in times of peace (arguably today with warfare seemingly detatched from our daily lives) we become a lazy society.

Source

If we were to reverse societys trend to reward the morons with breeding, then IQ would spike. Basically, the movie Idiocracy is a warning, not a comedy.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So many people in this thread don't understand how IQ works. IQ is a variable score that increases or decreases over time as you learn and forget things. If your brain is trained right, your IQ will be higher, but if it is out of training it will be lower. PLUS it is unreliable since the test itself is flawed.

Lots depend on regimine. a culture where education is first and foremost will score higher
For instance, Japan's average IQ is around 106, whereas the US is 98.
Japan (many asian nations) have a heavy push towards education, rewarding education, etc...so they do better, and are also more attractive so will breed more and instill the same values (and genetics that plays somewhat of a role also) into their kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined

I'll only agree IF I don't have to keep paying to make "Haves" out of "Have Nots".. I also agree w/the caller who mentioned some folks waiting until it is the 'proper time' to procreate. The 'proper time' would NOT be when You're having trouble feeding YourSelf and putting on clothes and paying the bills...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Lots depend on regimine. a culture where education is first and foremost will score higher
For instance, Japan's average IQ is around 106, whereas the US is 98.
Japan (many asian nations) have a heavy push towards education, rewarding education, etc...so they do better, and are also more attractive so will breed more and instill the same values (and genetics that plays somewhat of a role also) into their kids.

This has recently been proven here in Canada where a Muslim school has scored the highest in the province of Quebec. Is this because of the importance of education instilled in the children, or the parents' authority in pushing (keyword) the young people only in that one direction which may cause other problems, such as a fear of academic failure, stress etc., so as to measure up to a perceived academic goalpost (statistics)?

www.cbc.ca...

Then we have Finland's educational system putting the children first, not statistics - or, rather - the human aspect first. Imagine all children thinking they are all capable of success with no goalpost to worry about and no 'pushing'.

In the United States, which has muddled along in the middle for the past decade, government officials have attempted to introduce marketplace competition into public schools. In recent years, a group of Wall Street financiers and philanthropists such as Bill Gates have put money behind private-sector ideas, such as vouchers, data-driven curriculum and charter schools, which have doubled in number in the past decade. President Obama, too, has apparently bet on compe­tition. His Race to the Top initiative invites states to compete for federal dollars using tests and other methods to measure teachers, a philosophy that would not fly in Finland. “I think, in fact, teachers would tear off their shirts,” said Timo Heikkinen, a Helsinki principal with 24 years of teaching experience. “If you only measure the statistics, you miss the human aspect.”

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com... Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The creator of the IQ test explicitly stated that the IQ test was not meant to determine how intelligent one was but to find out who needed extra help.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
This has recently been proven here in Canada where a Muslim school has scored the highest in the province of Quebec. Is this because of the importance of education instilled in the children, or the parents' authority in pushing (keyword) the young people only in that one direction which may cause other problems, such as a fear of academic failure, stress etc., so as to measure up to a perceived academic goalpost (statistics)?

Competition is good, it makes people strive for more
This is why east asian countries are highest on earth for IQ
IQ of nations
A high priority on education and a fierce competition with global markets for capitalist goals creating a perfect storm for increasing intellectual capacity out of necessity..basically its a cold war of economics.

We could learn a thing or two. I would like to see a competing schools idea instituted with a sliding scale of benefits that rewards not just the students, but parents of the better schools...this would get parents more involved if they are profiting somehow off their childs preformance.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
The creator of the IQ test explicitly stated that the IQ test was not meant to determine how intelligent one was but to find out who needed extra help.

The creator of dynamite (Alfred Nobel) didn't want his invention to be used for war but instead mining.
Things evolve if they fit a need.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join