It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man´s IQ Scores Keep Falling And Falling - There Is Only Devolution, No Evolution...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: intrptr

Not true.
It's memory based..I still held at 115 in 2007 I haven't tested lately.
I didn't LIKE education or the institutionalization thing.
Just read a lot and Math is non existent.

Self read folk are a lot wiser than rote knowledge types.

IQ isn't memory based alone. Not that I give a s*** either about when Columbus "discovered" America.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

IT'S ALWAYS numbers,with you people!
I am still angry at Columbus...should have been NAMED by Norway instead.
OR CHINA maybe..India PFFT...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The reason that our IQs keep dropping in the modern age, is because we consume mindless media and do things that actually lower our IQ.

We watch mindless TV shows like Duck Dynasty and Honey boo boo and the Kardashians. We don't read any more. We play stupid games on our phones and we play on facebook for hours at a time.

That's the real reason we're all getting stupider.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My simple thought is that if evolutionists can´t prove a single "evolution effect" in our real world society(which holds more people than ever lived on earth) but the opposite devolution effect can be proven in countless examples, then we have all the more reasons to believe in the only logical theory which is proven every day: that DNA mutates and makes man worse and worse until he is extinguished - then there is not much else left to discuss.

Society and civilization and a human being´s lifespan is a cycle with a predetermined lifespan which is determined by the DNA mutation rate. Mankind will collapse at a given time when the DNA is corrupted enough.

To see the current IQ score decline, society decline, and say: "this has nothing to do with evolution theory" - isnt that like saying: my theory is my own private fantasy not tied to anything observable in the real world..?

And how would it ever have been possible to develop IQ score from 0 in a single cell to 100 and a human being in 4 billion years and then from IQ 100 to 80 in 100 years?..... Is evolution blind faith or just fantasy?

Isnt religion or prophets far more plausible with millions of subjective witnesses of Gods/demons/angels/ghosts etc and loads of end time prophecies coming true as we speak?.. That is at least something which can be tested against the real world development and all science should be proven in real world.

Evolution theory has flaws which cant be washed away:

- No experimental proof
- No witnesses, not even subjectively speaking
- Life comes from life every day always. A human is born from a human being.
- DNA mutation rates terminates any civilization very quickly.
- Prehistoric civilizations and prehistoric technology disprove evolution.
- Evolution spurts as evolutionists now claim as the explanation of missing transitional fossils means that they bow to the fact that there were multiple prehistoric civilizations... SO they even agree on it themselves.. A fish cant climb up on land because he will die...
- It doesnt make sense at all and goes against all logics and mathematics of probability and human DNA decline

Thanks for all your comments! Whoever has an open mind has a chance

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

IT'S ALWAYS numbers,with you people!
I am still angry at Columbus...should have been NAMED by Norway instead.
OR CHINA maybe..India PFFT...

People still call them "Indians", lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gaussq

The old joke was - What Darwin knew they made a book of

What he did not know they fill libraries with

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Are you going for the world record for Lies per post or something? I can't even...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
iq as a metric is based on your score on the test vs the average score and your age is a multiplier such that younger people with the same amount of correct answers scores higher than an older person.

there are alot of different tests, and im not privy to how often they update their data but id assume it changes as the population does such that an iq of 100 is the average.

the point of this whole spiel is that iq scores dont fall, even if the op was correct and people got so stupid as to be unable to reproduce they would still average an iq of 100 because thats how it works as a unit of measure.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How ironic is it that the OP is arguing that people are getting dumber and then goes on to call out evolution etc. in favor of religion!

edit on 11-1-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I said it helps to ask what intelligence is for, not what IQ tests are for. How can one understand intelligence without understanding its purpose?

I'm afraid I have little time for claims that IQ doesn't correlate with what we intuitively know to be intelligence. Yes, there are geniuses and idiots savants. But IQ is designed to test members of the general public and gives best results in the median range like all such instruments do. It works extremely well when correlated with meaningful life outcomes.

The shibboleth that 'IQ doesn't really reveal intelligence' is designed to comfort low scorers and those who think they are cleverer than they are.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

The old joke was - What Darwin knew they made a book of. What he did not know they fill libraries with.

An old joke indeed. And stale even when it was new.

You could fill a library with the books Darwin wrote.

edit on 2/11/16 by Astyanax because: of a letter. That Darwin didn't write.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaussq
Isnt religion or prophets far more plausible with millions of subjective witnesses of Gods/demons/angels/ghosts etc and loads of end time prophecies coming true as we speak?.. That is at least something which can be tested against the real world development and all science should be proven in real world.

No. Because people lie or misremember what they saw. Appeals to tradition or bandwagoning other people's ideas doesn't make them truer.

Evolution theory has flaws which cant be washed away:

- No experimental proof

Wrong. You do know that the entire field of Genetics couldn't be true if Evolutionary theory was a lie right? Modern medicine also HEAVILY relies on Evolutionary theory.

- No witnesses, not even subjectively speaking

Adaptive Evolution in the Lab: Unique Phenotypes in Fruit Flies Comprise a Fertile Field of Study1
Evidence for speciation

- Life comes from life every day always. A human is born from a human being.

AGAIN. The origin of life has nothing to do with Evolution. You are talking about Abiogenesis which is a study in Chemistry NOT Biology. I thought you said you studied science?

- DNA mutation rates terminates any civilization very quickly.

Proof? You still haven't provided any for this statement and repeating it over and over again doesn't magically make it true.

- Prehistoric civilizations and prehistoric technology disprove evolution.

How? Evolution works on timespans of millions of years. Prehistoric civilizations date back MAYBE 12,000 years, probably closer to 10,000 though. Sure we could move that back another few thousand years as we uncover more of the past, but modern humans evolved some 200,000 years ago. That's QUITE a bit of buffer between humans evolving and then civilization developing.

- Evolution spurts as evolutionists now claim as the explanation of missing transitional fossils means that they bow to the fact that there were multiple prehistoric civilizations... SO they even agree on it themselves.. A fish cant climb up on land because he will die...

What the hell does this even mean?

- It doesnt make sense at all and goes against all logics and mathematics of probability and human DNA decline

It doesn't make sense because you refuse to actually look at what it says and instead opt to repeat proven lies and strawmen like a robot without any sort of discussion developing your thoughts. Every time you post it's like you are just a propaganda machine spewing the same points. Then you tack on some appeal to emotion pleading with people to see things your way. I'm not sure you even understand the material you are discussing.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: darknewt
I've never understood the IQ of a person going lower because of technology,
What about the people that make newer technology?a reply to: Gaussq

The 'cream' rises to the top and keeps the 'milk' under suppression.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Thanks for all your comments! Whoever has an open mind has a chance.

My favorite line in the whole thing. Here's a guy that is completely close minded when it comes to evolution, yet is preaching open mindedness. Too funny.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Notably, the biggest gains were in developing countries such as India and China, where there have been marked improvements in health care and education in recent decades. By contrast, countries like the U.S. showed much smaller increases.

The study was intended to test the so-called Flynn effect, the long-term rise in IQ scores identified in 1982 by James Flynn. The New Zealand political scientist showed that in all countries where data was available, IQ had risen by three to four points each decade since 1930. The increase, Flynn concluded, was largely due to improved living standards.

Huffington Post, March 2015 - Are Humans Getting More Intelligent? New Study Confirms Rising Global IQs.

If it is on the internet, it must be true! So as stated before, you completely overlooked the Flynn Effect.

Second, the spurious argument about physics and entropy. The human body is not a closed system. We continually take in energy and convert to other energy our body can use. Just look at the methane and CO2 levels in our environment if you do not believe it! The only time we resort to entropy and decay is when we go back to being dust.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac
Yep, eugenics is the correct terminology, a.k.a. social darwinism:

edit on 2-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

A lot of what you say makes sense...but, you may wish to choose to believe you are descended from an ape...whereas, I choose not to. It's two sides of the same coin. Most of us choose one side to fall on, whilst some sit on the edge.

Nothing I say will make you believe otherwise and ditto goes for me.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

True you can believe whatever lie you want to believe and nothing I say can force you to believe otherwise. I can only lead you to the fountain of knowledge. It is on you to drink from it or not. Though keep in mind that no matter what you choose to believe the truth will still be the truth regardless of how you feel about it. And that is the beauty of science. It doesn't care if you believe in it or not. It is just a collection of observations.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Seriously, people? FOUR PAGES and no one calls hogwash on the claim that Darwin not only A. became super rich, or B. produced no further works after On The Origin of Species? He published 9 further works!
And really, in that part of the world and in those days, living in a mansion was simply the result of not being a peasant.
His net worth, accounting for inflation, was about the same as today's super-rich make in a year.
edit on 2/11/16 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

Don't worry, nobody who understands how the Modern Evolutionary Synthesis works thinks we descended from apes either because that's not what the data indicates nor is it what is stated or taught.

We share a common ancestor with the other great apes( Gorilla, Chimpanzee, Bonobo and Orangutan). Homo Sapiens Sapiens ARE apes. But we didn't descend from apes as you claim.

How can people expect to have their position granted any semblance of veracity when their commentary is based on not having even a basic understanding of the Scientific Theory you are attempting to cast doubt upon? Can you see how ridiculous that looks?

You're certainly entitled to believe whatever you wish to and ignore all of the physical and genetic evidence if that's what floats your fancy but that does nothing but make you willfully ignorant which is the worst type of ignorance there is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join