It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man´s IQ Scores Keep Falling And Falling - There Is Only Devolution, No Evolution...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
24 hours of Pokemon and Candy Crush probably fry a few needed synapses.
Too much looking inward, than outward.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Iq test should be said to measure ones strengths in abstract academics not over all intelligence. IT doesn't apply to crictical thinking at a moment needed or even experience for that matter unless it written on paper told in the form of story.

As for evolution...All if fair in love an war.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Iq test should be said to measure ones strengths in abstract academics not over all intelligence. IT doesn't apply to crictical thinking at a moment needed or even experience for that matter unless it written on paper told in the form of story.

As for evolution...All if fair in love an war.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
a reply to: Gaussq

Seriously, people? FOUR PAGES and no one calls hogwash on the claim that Darwin not only A. became super rich, or B. produced no further works after On The Origin of Species? He published 9 further works!
And really, in that part of the world and in those days, living in a mansion was simply the result of not being a peasant.
His net worth, accounting for inflation, was about the same as today's super-rich make in a year.

I was considering it, but his arguments were so laughably wrong, it wasn't worth it. He blatantly ignored any and all points against his position and repeated the same bull about IQ getting lower, when it was clearly explained that it is actually not getting lower. I have no doubt he will repeat the cycle of ignorance again to promote his religion. Mentioning Darwin in regards to evolution in 2016 is too laughable to address because evolution has changed substantially since then. Best bet is to let this troll thread die.
edit on 11 3 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Too be honest there are just too many inaccuracies in the OP to hit them all. I just went for the most obvious ones.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
As someone involved in developing the main IQ test used today by clinicians around the world, I can confirm that scores do rise (or at least did). The mean score (100) have historically been adjusted downwards psychometrically every revision. As Pathaka mentioned, Flynn described that effect decades ago and there have been a lot of discussion on what the forces behind it are. It could be a combination of better nutrition, increased cognitive demands or a need to process lots of information. This effect have seemingly stagnated in developed countries as we have reached a "peak".

IQ tests also contain different domains or indexes that contribute to the final IQ score, for example verbal skills, reasoning, visual reasoning, processing speed and working memory. There is support that the last component can be improved (brain plasticity) by exercising or using it daily (for example if you have a mentally demanding job). Thus the increased demands on our brains, may have increased our working memory, further contributing to our increased IQ-scores. Working memory in psychology is almost similar to the computer counterpart, the ability to hold, process and manipulate larger quantities of information. Try to reverse your phone number mentally and you are using your WM.

There is also some support that multi tasking can overload the brain and instead decrease our performance. So we might have reached a peak in developed countries, where we process too much information, and our brains can't handle it any more. This also DON'T mean that people in less developed countries are less intelligent, other factors may influence their scores. Many reasearchers with limited understanding of the brain and the concept of intelligence walked into that trap.

For example, take a memory assessment where the patient hears a story and is told to retell it. In some cultures you are rewarded for making stories more elaborate and exciting. It would have a negative impact on the test scores of a "western assessment" and an untrained neurologist/doctor could interpret this as intrusions/confabulation and see it as a sign of onset dementia in an older individual. Assessments are just a tool to help get an indication of mental status, but all tools can be misused or used properly depending on your skill and knowledge. In the end assessments are there to help clinicians better understand the challanges of their patients, so they can help patients focus on their strengths and be aware of their weaknesses.

Also I don't think we as individuals are getting more stupid. Culture and society however...!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The link is dead. The correct link should be: (D)evolution Theory

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Thats what the Powerful like. The super powerful and wealthy use media and other instruments for dumbing us less important working class citizens so that ultimatly they can control us without us knowing any better.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gaussq

we need more Annunaki blood to be infused into ours. I think this is a common bug in our genes. We keep reverting to the base savage we are.

Or so I hear.

I am half ancient so what ever.

lolololol

edit on 11 12 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gaussq
I wanted to share these articles, I find them very interesting.

Part One: Was Charles Darwin An Honest Scientist?

Part Two: (D)evolution Theory - Man´s IQ Scores Drop All The Time...

Some key facts based on my understanding and memory:

1) Darwin was a proven liar and stole the Evolution Theory from Patrick Matthew. He lived on a mansion and became super rich and did no work after publishing "his" theory. His son landed a big bankers job and his father and grandfather were top level masons...

2) Man´s IQ scores are falling rapidly in line with DNA mutation rates making man weaker and dumber as time goes by.. This is in complete contradiction to the Theory Of Evolution. A civilization could not have lived more than 30 000 years because by then the DNA would be totally alterred for worse.

3) Einstein already predicted this in his days that man would become idiots when technology took over our human interaction.

4) According to physics society will fall into chaos over time just like any system does in physics. Our society and culture is collapsing as we all know and people today are focused on sex, pleasure and violence making them more and more stupid. Modern man is infinitely less capable than a farmer 100 years ago who could cultivate food, build houses, give birth to babies, heal diseases all by himself.

Happy reading. I know much of these matters have been discussed one at a time. This article is more like a systematical approach to many of the question marks surrounding Evolution including the known "scientist" fraudsters of Evolution..

It seems like today´s society only confirms one thing: Man and mankind is devolving at an alarming rate and a massive depopulation seems likely today when checking the world state..

Some interesting and seldom discussed points in your post. Although your critique is somewhat damming I would concur with some aspects of your world view of humanity. I would nevertheless make some distinctions related to the abilities of mankind.

Hundreds of years ago people on average were more capable as individuals through an agrarian culture, in which folks had to be more resourceful, cultivating crops, tending domesticated animals and building their own homes, etc.

The industrial revolution brought people together in cooperatives to operate factories and machinery forcing individuals to specialize in particular trades.

Science and industry have combined to create a working class that requires individualized specialties in concert with many others to produce massive amounts of products.

I would say that as a whole, civilization has produced more and better things since the latter part of the 18th centaury than in the past several thousand years.

Information and communication allows us today to instantly chat with our counterparts anywhere on the globe and to know what is happening at the moment anywhere. So, I would say that the human race is better informed to make conscious decisions and better equipped to take action as required.

What I find disturbing is the lack of will to analyze and adapt, to aptly appropriate resources in what is probably the greatest moment in history. Apathy alone is the defining flaw of mankind. It has led to the acceleration of authoritarianism, revolution, genocide, outright war and pestilence. It will undoubtedly lead us into the continuum of eroding moral corruptness and the dissolution of whole societies until global chaos ignites.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Degeneration is the term OP, not Devolution.

I agree with Einstein. In the age of technology people degenerates. Not devolves.
And we are living that ERA already.
edit on 8-2-2017 by Dnied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

3) Einstein already predicted this in his days that man would become idiots when technology took over our human interaction.

Einstein is really on point on that one. It's currently happening now. Technology degenerates human capabilities.
Props to the real Genius.

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dnied

Einstein is really on point on that one. It's currently happening now. Technology degenerates human capabilities.

I don't agree. While this may be true for some people, there are different levels of capability. It is much more mental today than it used to be. There is much more knowledge out there and deeper levels of understanding and research that have never been done before. Yeah, you might be able to say humans were more resourceful back when they had to do everything manually, but it was mostly about strength and physical conditioning, not necessarily intelligence. Today we work smart and not hard, and our smartest people are way more intelligent than they used to be. You just have more common people with internet access now, hence more people to have dumb opinions on religion and science and post it on the internet. Those idiots always existed, the difference is today they have an international forum to promote their religious nonsense.
edit on 2 8 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

]

Not true. It will simply be another opportunity for human evolution to move forward. This may entail human hybridization and/or genetic engineering. But even without those technologies, evolution will happen. The fittest will survive and reproduce and the unfit will die off. Has happened for millions of years. If Einstein was correct, we would already see a downward slide in human innovation. In fact, we see the opposite. No doubt it will be a race between humans and AI in which case the process of evolution would have to speed up - entirely possible.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

]

Not true. It will simply be another opportunity for human evolution to move forward. This may entail human hybridization and/or genetic engineering. But even without those technologies, evolution will happen. The fittest will survive and reproduce and the unfit will die off. Has happened for millions of years. If Einstein was correct, we would already see a downward slide in human innovation. In fact, we see the opposite. No doubt it will be a race between humans and AI in which case the process of evolution would have to speed up - entirely possible.

A.I.'s can't overcome humans. You're delusional to think we can develop A.I. with vast capabilities than human.
Even if we do. An A.I threat would not be a big deal.

posted on Feb, 9 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

That's what I was saying. Too much mental is a bad thing and degenerates human brain. Some people delve into and even believe it. Not all info on the web is real. And many people fall for that which is a bad thing.

Just because you know more by reading doesn't make you smarter. Some people get even dumber.
edit on 9-2-2017 by Dnied because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Barcs

That's what I was saying. Too much mental is a bad thing and degenerates human brain. Some people delve into and even believe it. Not all info on the web is real. And many people fall for that which is a bad thing.

Just because you know more by reading doesn't make you smarter. Some people get even dumber.

I don't know about that. There are more critical thinkers than there ever has been. Reading can make you dumber, if you read nothing but conspiracy theory BS and believe it blindly, but that's only isolated to the small groups of people, it isn't the norm. Rational people read stuff like that and then immediately fact check it and scrutinize the claims. You are really trying to separate rational people and irrational people to claim that reading more makes you dumb or degenerates the brain because of the small amount of irrational folks. The truth is that as a whole we are smarter than ever before.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
When I look at what is happening in America right now it gives credence to devolution in baseline intelligence, but that could also be caused by mental laziness and being fed a constant stream of propaganda, again maybe only a select few are getting smarter as in survival of the fittest via intelligence gains. But the overall pattern is downward.

Skulduggery is at an all time high in the last 100 years that is for sure.
edit on 26-3-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join