It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop investigating UFO's themselves and start investigating the areas where they happen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As I was watching Interstellar the other night I had an idea pop into my head. I think a lot of times my subconscious processes data about things without my conscious knowledge and then presents the idea to me at a relevant time. Or this is what it seems like. I never follow a linear way of thinking to any idea's I have, they all seem to just "pop" into my head as an already completed idea.

What if we're all wrong in the investigation of UFO's as some kind of physical anomaly that can be studied in a materialistic way? When I had the idea in my minds eye I didn't see UFO's as a separate thing from their surroundings and the mind of the observer, but a combination of the two. It seems to me that if we paid as much attention to investigating the physical location of these sightings/encounters as we do the subject of the encounters themselves we might learn some unknown factors that are universal across the UFO experience. And maybe that will bring us closer to the true nature of what these things are and represent.

Any thoughts ATS?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

look for correlation ufo sightings and caves and/or mountains ... you might be surprised.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

look for correlation ufo sightings and caves and/or mountains ... you might be surprised.

One of the things that led me to thinking this way was typing out a bunch of my own and my friends crazy experiences and sightings in the area I grew up in. Everything from Bigfoot, dogman, UFO's to even weirder things. The whole area is built on top of limestone, and Swiss cheesed with caves throughout the whole area, most of which have never seen a person before. Not to mention Mammoth Cave is about 30 mins away, which is the world's longest known cave system.
www.nps.gov...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ah, are you trying to slyly lead us down the debunking road. ie. UFOs are not extraterrestrial because they are a phenomena of the Earth itself. Examples, lights in sky not UFOs just swamp gas, lights in sky not UFOs just plasma discharge from earthquake or earth plate friction. Other fanciful correlations abound in the debunkers camp. An awful lot of these "explanations" do not take into account that there was not just lights but actual physical "craft".
If you've really looked at the UFO phenomena you will know they have been seen over all kinds of terrain including oceans so any correlation would be moot. Including the quite high number that have been seen over military installations.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

A lot of sightings tend to occur around military bases and nuclear power plants. If they wanted to wipe us out it would of happened by now, it still doesnt bring me great comfort though

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Ah, are you trying to slyly lead us down the debunking road. ie. UFOs are not extraterrestrial because they are a phenomena of the Earth itself. Examples, lights in sky not UFOs just swamp gas, lights in sky not UFOs just plasma discharge from earthquake or earth plate friction. Other fanciful correlations abound in the debunkers camp. An awful lot of these "explanations" do not take into account that there was not just lights but actual physical "craft".
If you've really looked at the UFO phenomena you will know they have been seen over all kinds of terrain including oceans so any correlation would be moot. Including the quite high number that have been seen over military installations.

I'm not trying to debunk UFO's at all, I've had too many experiences to think they aren't a real phenomenon and under some kind of intelligent control. I think they're something beyond our notions of beings coming from another planet, maybe something even greater and more mystifying.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
What if the way they manifest depends on some physical characteristic? Maybe a combination of factors?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Not to mention Mammoth Cave is about 30 mins away, which is the world's longest known cave system. www.nps.gov...

For some reason it's almost always like that... Maybe there is even gold in the area ? and big solitary rocks.
Don't know for sure but heard also about an connection limestone-cropcirles.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I've never really understood the term UFO and its relation to extraterrestrial phenomenon surely it should be referred to as ETUFO rather than just UFO as anything which is unidentified is a UFO.

Correct me if I'm wrong but technically if an aircraft flies without its flight transponder on it becomes a UFO right? I mean ofcourse we don't know what is a UFO and an ETUFO to tell the difference so I suppose it would make sense.
He he just my bit of nonsensical opinion i suppose but as far as sightings I know that whenever I've seen any kind of object, craft or otherwise it's usually been in an open space like a wood or forest I have had coastal sightings once or twice as well not all to often in the UK if I'm honest though, it's kind of disappointing

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There are several mountains in the PNW that might be considered UFO hotspots... Mt. Shasta, Mt. Adams, Mt. Rainier, and possibly Mt. Baker. In my opinion, there have been too many (convincing) reports to be brushed off as lenticular clouds, but I suppose that could be an explanation. Or, perhaps there are hidden bases located within the mountains? Could it be that mountains and volcanoes are used as navigation way-points or rendezvous locations? I wish I knew.

On a personal note, my first UFO sighting was in Eatonville, WA- very nearly at the base of Mt. Rainier during the summer of 1998. Unfortunately, they were just lights/orbs and I could not see any details of these objects, however, I am fairly certain they were not conventional aircraft, car headlights, light-houses, or drones.
edit on 10302016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerksYou're assuming that the site of the first sighting of any object is the original landfall. A UFO (if extraterrestrial)makes landfall in the middle of a desert with no-one around to see it but was then spotted over a town you would assume that it had just appeared at that location, so therefore there would be no logical correlation.
Might be even from "their" perspective.
Example, Columbus left the old world not knowing in advance where he would strike land. To look for the why s and wherefores to why he landed where he did is a totally futile exercise as it was just sheer luck at his landfall.
If he was alive today and you could ask him "why there" he would probably say "because it was the first land we hit".

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Not to mention Mammoth Cave is about 30 mins away, which is the world's longest known cave system. www.nps.gov...

For some reason it's almost always like that... Maybe there is even gold in the area ? and big solitary rocks.
Don't know for sure but heard also about an connection limestone-cropcirles.

Oh yeah. One of my craziest personal sightings was while I was sitting on top of Pilot Rock, a huge rock that juts out of the ground in the middle of nowhere. It was a gigantic fireball about the size of a school bus. This is the place:
prairiebluestem.blogspot.com...

I just don't see UFO's traveling through millions of light years of space to get here. What I'm thinking is that maybe the way UFO's manifest themselves is based on a common physical characteristic on Earth that's required for them to be able to get here. If we can figure out the physical commonalities between different types of the UFO experience and the areas they take place in it might lead us to understanding a part of how they get here. If we figure out how they get here, we can figure out how to get there. Or maybe other places.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerksYou're assuming that the site of the first sighting of any object is the original landfall. A UFO (if extraterrestrial)makes landfall in the middle of a desert with no-one around to see it but was then spotted over a town you would assume that it had just appeared at that location, so therefore there would be no logical correlation.
Might be even from "their" perspective.
Example, Columbus left the old world not knowing in advance where he would strike land. To look for the why s and wherefores to why he landed where he did is a totally futile exercise as it was just sheer luck at his landfall.
If he was alive today and you could ask him "why there" he would probably say "because it was the first land we hit".

Not at all. I'm actually assuming the opposite. After a UFO is here, it can go anywhere and then be spotted. I'm talking about the ones that manifest out of nowhere, which is the majority of the ones I've personally witnessed. I probably should have been more clear in the OP. I just don't find the traveling through light years of space idea very feasible.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerksLet's think this way. What if the object was only just over the horizon and you only saw it when it slowed enough for you to visualize it and only thought it had just materialized.
Let me tell you my pet theory about why people think these objects materialize or vanish in an instant. It just might be that they are travelling faster than the human eye can comprehend. A prime example. Can you see a bullet travelling through the air after being fired? NO, you can't, yet the bullet is travelling an awful lot slower than light speed.
Just because a person cannot discern an object in travel and then see it when it slows or stops does not mean the object has materialized out of no-where or even light years away.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I just don't see UFO's traveling through millions of light years of space to get here.

I too... maybe too far fetched then just ignore..What if traveling to other planets/realities via inner earth is possible... and the earth isnt hollow or solid but a big schroedingerscat... I mean waveparticle duality at what size does it end

manifest themselves is based on a common physical characteristic on Earth that's required for them to be able to get here. If we can figure out the physical commonalities between different types of the UFO experience and the areas they take place in it might lead us to understanding a part of how they get here

Interesting ... I've the though of a database ... and data mining based of this database... and predict sightings based on those findings.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerksLet's think this way. What if the object was only just over the horizon and you only saw it when it slowed enough for you to visualize it and only thought it had just materialized.
Let me tell you my pet theory about why people think these objects materialize or vanish in an instant. It just might be that they are travelling faster than the human eye can comprehend. A prime example. Can you see a bullet travelling through the air after being fired? NO, you can't, yet the bullet is travelling an awful lot slower than light speed.
Just because a person cannot discern an object in travel and then see it when it slows or stops does not mean the object has materialized out of no-where or even light years away.

Everything you said is valid. Especially the part about flying faster than can be seen. What I'm talking about is how they get here in the first place. I don't see physical beings traveling the distance required in any type of feasible time frame. And I have a suspicion that some may not be "physical" in the same way we think of the concept of "physical".

If maybe there were some localized physical characteristics that are shared between a high number of UFO encounters it would also help to differentiate between the ones that manifest and the ones that just fly into our range of vision.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I just don't see UFO's traveling through millions of light years of space to get here.

I too... maybe too far fetched then just ignore..What if traveling to other planets/realities via inner earth is possible... and the earth isnt hollow or solid but a big schroedingerscat... I mean waveparticle duality at what size does it end

manifest themselves is based on a common physical characteristic on Earth that's required for them to be able to get here. If we can figure out the physical commonalities between different types of the UFO experience and the areas they take place in it might lead us to understanding a part of how they get here

Interesting ... I've the though of a database ... and data mining based of this database... and predict sightings based on those findings.

That's an idea. If you could find x, y, and z, you might be able to predict along the lines of where the next occurrence would take place. Or maybe something similarly weird.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Subterrestrials, everyone and their uncle knows it.

Anyone who gets mad at that fact, yet embraces the notion of ET, is an absolute lunatic.

Worlds biggest secret. Just like the televised Muslim invasion of Europe, lol. People are afraid of reality.

"Glad thats not happening here" can only hold out so long. Martians, sure! Because I don't have to worry what their diet has been since they got a taste of Abels blood. So lets go with Martians. 1947 was a strange year...

edit on 30-10-2016 by JuanDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Maybe it isn't the places but the people who live around that place?

A common theme in ufology is people who seemingly attract weirdness around them, whether it be lights in the sky or ghosts. I myself have had a few experiences I can't explain, things that can't be explained with our level of understanding. I've never really believed in ghosts, aliens or any other perceived paranormal activity but personal experience says something weird has a tendency to happen around me.

Maybe that weirdness has a tendency to be geographic too, whatever it is we don't have a way of detecting "it" as of yet.

Maybe the paranormal is actually very normal, some kind of energy that certain matter happens to transmit and thus inadvertently attracts what is described as paranormal. It does seem certain people, locations and aspects of technology highly attract strangeness.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Some of the nasty buggers take refuge in forests as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join