It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real time Facebook presidential poll shows a completely different story than mainstream media polls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Which I am sure would be brought up if the poll was flipped.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: StallionDuck

I know people from all parts of Austin. North, South, East and Central. I'm a member of a local women's group that has about 500 active members. I've had some conversation with about all of them over the past 6 months or so. Everyone is either voting for Clinton or one of the third party candidates.

I know 3 people who are voting for Trump, and none of them live in Austin (they live in West Texas and they are evangelicals, which happen to be the biggest supporters of Trump in Texas).

Trump has had a definite effect on a previously hard red state - and not in a way that he would like.

Yeah, I'm not seeing what you're seeing by any stretch. I'm in NW ATX and the people I know are usually in some kind of technical industry, which is a pretty big part of Austin. I mean... Unless you're counting the illegals, which oddly enough, no one seems to bother with here. That's always struck me as odd. How can you have a small city (or big town) like Del Valle, that has a vast quantity of illegals owning land and houses there but they remain... Oh yeah, a friend told me (who's also illegal) that her parents, like a lot of the illegals there, use stolen information to remain. She said it's pretty common there but no one really does anything about it because it would clear out a whole small city. That's where she lives btw. I mean, I would trust her source since she kinda is the source.

But this isn't about that... but in a big way related.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: introvert

If she wins this election I will be totally convinced that America has been hijacked by the Clinton Cabal and we are all friggin' doomed!

Because of a non-scientific poll conducted on facebook?

That makes no sense.

Scientific? This poll is much more accurate than these phony polls by the media who you have no idea who they are actually calling.

How so? Theres a huge amount of bias worked into this guys friend list. Its the opposite of objective. This is just silly. Clinton is the last of all candidates I would select, but lets please step back into reality. This is not to say msm polls aren't sometimes purposely skewed, but goddam, if anyone thinks 90% of america is voting for trump, they are some gullible sobs.
edit on 26-10-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: MiloTheMarauder
I bet 100 million dollhairs that Hillary gets POTUS. Not like Facebook is any more a decent sampling size than wherever MSM gets their polls from. I don't have nor want a Facebook page.

Legitimate polling organizations poll RANDOMLY, with sample sizes that give reliable margin of error.

Facebook polls measure whoever voluntarily shows up to take the poll.

Big difference.

The are not scientific but I would expect the opposite result in a FB pool

I thought the same at first but only if FB itself was doing the poll. This is just an average guy posting to FB and one person is sharing to another and another to another until people are seeing the link all over the place. It's a downhill boulder from here. It's currently at 16.3k where just minutes ago it was barely above 15k.

That friend-to-friend link must be lost after a few thousands of votes, if the person who created the pool has only Trump supporter friends, which is unlikely after 3 or 4 "generations" of sharing the Trump proximity is lost and the sample becomes more reliable.

What I thought was that the FB public was in general younger and more pro democrats.

Its a mater of letting the pool go, if a person can only vote once this may become the most reliable pool ever done in history. How many americans have a FB account?

What is foreigners start voting? Has he limited the pool to american members?

100% agree. Those 10% of Hillery supporters would have gotten the word out pretty quickly.

I don't think America would thrive without FB now days
So 'prolly' everyone. lol

Even if it's not very accurate, I believe it's at least more accurate than not.

edit on 26-10-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

What I thought was that the FB public was in general younger and more pro democrats.

It is. You clearly don't understand scale as Facebook has 1.7 billion users and this 'poll' has 19,000 'votes'.

Unless the Republican Party is less than 19,000 people, or the entire party does not use Facebook, almost no part of such a small number being compared to such a large number is surprising that you can deliberately draft that many votes in anyway. It makes you look sort of inept at math and technology by constantly drawing this comparison.

edit on 26-10-2016 by imjack because: 19,000

link   
Clinton has Minnesota locked, according to recent polls here.

link   

When Trump loses, will you come back and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology, while Facebook polls have no statistical relevance?

And if he wins or it's closer than you think, will you also concede that the polls are skewed to likely democratic voters? A big unknown is also millennials who use cell phones and not landlines. They aren't loving Clinton. Or Trump.

link   

originally posted by: Slanter
The problem with putting "Who are you voting for, Trump or Clinton?" in your facebook and then using that as an accurate cross-section of the population doesn't work because it's only your friends, and your friend's friends, who will see this "poll." People tend to surround themselves with similar thinking people, so it's unlikely that your facebook friends will be an accurate cross section of the population, and the friends of your friends would further reinforce this bias.

I mean comon, 90% lead over clinton? You don't think that by itself seems preposterously biased? No presidential race has even come close to that sort of disparity in the history of our nation.

The poll is passing 19,000 votes and still Trump holds about 90% or better of the voters. Still Chad Kneller's friends though? Man, this guy has a lot of friends.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

If she wins this election I will be totally convinced that America has been hijacked by the Clinton Cabal and we are all friggin' doomed!

That makes no sense.

Scientific? This poll is much more accurate than these phony polls by the media who you have no idea who they are actually calling.

How so? Theres a huge amount of bias worked into this guys friend list. Its the opposite of objective. This is just silly. Clinton is the last of all candidates I would select, but lets please step back into reality. This is not to say msm polls aren't sometimes purposely skewed, but goddam, if anyone thinks 90% of america is voting for trump, they are some gullible sobs.

I am glad to see that the voices of reason at ATS are not silent.

Thanks for standing up for the facts.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

That makes no sense.

Agreed!

Damn!!! Watching these numbers gain momentum over the last 10 minutes... Right now it's like 1-2 comments per second. I'd love to see this catch on like wildfire, country wide.... Just to give people a real idea.

I currently live half of my year in the MOST LIBERAL CITY IN TEXAS and every person I've met and already know seems to be either voting for Trump or not voting at all.

Totally agree. I'm from an Indian Rez which is hardcore democrat and most people I know totally lost interest in this election and are choosing not to vote.. since Hillary stole it from Bernie.

Also, this poll is sure to go viral nationwide, it's already passing 19,000 voters and an hour ago it was only at 14,000 votes.
edit on 26-10-2016 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I bet 100 million dollhairs that Hillary gets POTUS. Not like Facebook is any more a decent sampling size than wherever MSM gets their polls from. I don't have nor want a Facebook page.

Legitimate polling organizations poll RANDOMLY, with sample sizes that give reliable margin of error.

Big difference.

You're right they do, but when they go out of their way to make sure they over sample people from one party or the other, do you still consider them "scientific"?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No they are not.

Does that some how provide legitimacy to this poll?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

No, probably just in the Trump 2016 pages all over Facebook.

No way it got into an echo chamber right?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The comment I linked was his post with a screenshot after the poll reached a million votes, If you scroll down his page to the 18th and find the original poll with over 1 million votes and dissect the comments. While I understand anyone can post a quick scan of the comments shows the majority of facebook accounts are females residing in the USA. Of course the accounts may not be all genuine it would still pale in comparison to the millions of fake followers you can find on Hillary Clinton's facebook and twitter accounts lol.

ETA: I am so, so sorry. I misread your comment! I thought you wrote 90% Clinton.

My sincere apologies!
edit on 26-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   
I would love to see such a poll on ATS. It would be really interesting to see the results, given the variety and the passion of opinions.

Just to mention I'm not an american voter so I have no dog in this fight. But it can give us a slightly clearer image of the public opinion on ATS.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Big difference.

You're right they do, but when they go out of their way to make sure they over sample people from one party or the other, do you still consider them "scientific"?

No? That's the whole reason this poll is stupid. Duh.

If you can cherry pick select polls that do that, it's one thing, but even mentioning the draft % is accounting for it. The fact they even tell you is why it's scientific. Care to explain to me what the draft % is here?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

That makes no sense.

Non-scientific poll? Is that like the MSM polls that have consistently been proven to be oversampling democrats so the polls fit their narrative?

Hate the MSM polls all you want. That's your right.

But you must admit that forming an opinion based on the votes of people on Facebook is absurd.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

But you must admit that forming an opinion based on the votes of people on Facebook is absurd.

Totally. They played Farmville for years FFS.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You know, I know...

The world is : Whatever result you want...if you have money You can buy it.

Science reports
Polls
Fora posters
Mental ill people

Thats why I believe a random poll of a normal person, 5 times more as something produced because somebody PAID for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This is laughable, errr... scary actually, that people are not willing to look past their preconceived bias's and realize that this facebook poll is bunk. I'm voting for Trump and yea most if not all of the mainstream polls are bunk too, but this is not a legitimate poll people!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join