It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Warns Efforts to Stop 2016 Voter Fraud Could 'Violate' Federal Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

A U.S. Department of Justice press release warns individuals who may serve as poll watchers hoping to prevent voter fraud could violate voter intimidation laws.
SOURCE

Anything could violate one of the milllions of laws Americans are expected to follow. I don't know what to make of this. Is it a harmless statement of the obvious or a malicious attempt at thwarting ordinary people's efforts to stop vote fraud? A lot of people are outraged because they think it's the latter.

I need more information to be clear. For instance, everyone knows that crossing the street in the wrong circumstances can be illegal. Some people would say an organization like the DOJ could only have ulterior motives for mentioning that in a context such as what the article linked above describes. I'm not sure about that.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm unclear as to standing and watching someone would communicate to *anyone* they are supposed to be voting for a specific candidate. Perhaps we are supposed to assume that a white person watching you means he is threatening for you to vote Trump, and that if a black person watching you means he is threatening you to vote Clinton? Is that what I'm supposed to assume according to the DOJ? I didn't find the answers I was looking for in the linked source, but may have missed something there.

As far as I'm concerned, voting should be public. If you vote Clinton, then you should have to be the ones to pay for her stupid programs. And if you vote Trump, then pay to build your own damn wall. The point of voting is to victimize minorities by forcing them to pay for programs they find repugnant.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

It sounds like they are trying to intimidate people from being poll watchers.
Why?
Is it because they don't want fraud spotted? What other reason could there be.

I have not checked every state, but in my state, poll watchers are legal and permitted.
There are rules regarding how many in each polling place and what they can and can't do. This is why they get training.

The DOJ trying to discourage a legal form of voter fraud prevention sounds very fishy.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I am intimidated by the DOJs warning about the prevention of voter fraud could be illegal.

Perhaps a class action suit is warranted against the DOJ for this warning and for turning a blinds eye on the voter rigging by HC campaign. Collusion?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: fukctr9001

Thanks. Yeah. We know.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

You are not supposed to stand in a polling place and just watch, unless you work for the Board of Elections. You are supposed to vote and leave. Unless you are an assigned person as below, you can't just hang around.

There are also rules about campaigning, protesting or posting signs within so many feet of a polling place, varying by state.

US Legal.com

Pursuant to 25 CFR 90.33, “any candidate or political party may name a person to act as watcher and challenger at any election provided for by the regulations in this part. Each watcher and challenger shall be appointed in writing by the candidate or political party he or she represents. The watchers and challengers shall have the right to be present in the polling place but outside the voting booths and to watch the election officials, the balloting, the call, the tally, and the recording of the result of the vote.

edit on 24-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Oddly, the Breitbart article in the OP links to just a press release from the US Attorney's Office-District of Delaware
edit on 24-10-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You are not supposed to stand in a polling place and just watch, unless you work for the Board of Elections. You are supposed to vote and leave.

There are also rules about campaigning, protesting or posting signs within so many feet of a polling place, varying by state.

And it's kind of dumb.

What are they actually going to watch and how would they spot "fraud"????

Trump just tells them "go watch your polling places"...and they all say "OK"...but they have no idea what they will actually be watching for.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

So now the DOJ wants to intimidate people who want an honest election..

lol

if this all wasn't so heart breaking I might die from the hilarity

We live in interesting times my friends. Threats from them do not scare me. They do not scare my friends or family or any of the poll workers I know. They just keep turning up the heat..

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hey DHS ----- This looks suspicious .....

"Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You go HERE and fill out this form. Not that I trust the DoJ after Holder dropped the New Black Panther thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: reldra

You are not supposed to stand in a polling place and just watch, unless you work for the Board of Elections. You are supposed to vote and leave.

And it's kind of dumb.

What are they actually going to watch and how would they spot "fraud"????

Trump just tells them "go watch your polling places"...and they all say "OK"...but they have no idea what they will actually be watching for.

True. What it actually says is :

For example, actions of persons designed to interrupt or intimidate voters at polling places by questioning or challenging them, or by photographing or videotaping them, under the pretext that these are actions to uncover illegal voting may violate federal voting rights law.

It is not a new thing. Breitbart trying to make it sound like something it isn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Poll watchers are completely legal in PA:
Poll Worker Training

Section 417 of the Pennsylvania Election Code, 25 P.S. § 2687, provides for the
appointment of watchers. Under section 417(a)
, “[e]ach candidate for...election at any
election shall be entitled to appoint two watchers for each election district in which such
candidate is voted for.” In addition, “[e]ach political party and each political body which
has nominated candidates...shall be entitled to appoint three
watchers at any general...election for each election district in which the candidates of such party or
political body are to be voted for.” 25 P.S. § 2687(a)

RIGHTS OF WATCHERS, CANDIDATES & ATTORNEYS

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hey DHS ----- This looks suspicious .....

"Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly

yeah they dont want anyone to remember that crap

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I thought Violating Federal Law gets you a PARDON, or IMMUNITY, along with an autographed photograph of Obama swearing in Loretta Lynch. Who wouldn't want that!?!

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Poll Worker Training

election shall be entitled to appoint two watchers for each election district in which such
candidate is voted for.” In addition, “[e]ach political party and each political body which
watchers at any general...election for each election district in which the candidates of such party or

they dont want you to know POLL WATCHERS ARE A LEGAL THING

i voted early today
i may volunteer to be a poll watcher
f u lynch

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

That is All well and Good , but what is the U.S. Department of Justice doing about Voting Irregularities Before , During , and After this Presidential Election ? The American People demand to Know .

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Actually, it looks like poll watchers are legal in all states:

www.nass.org...

There are rules. And you have to register and be approved, so anyone can not hang out just because they want to.
But poll watchers are totally legal.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Poll Worker Training

I posted almost the exact same thing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join