It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ Warns Efforts to Stop 2016 Voter Fraud Could 'Violate' Federal Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: reldra

Actually, it looks like poll watchers are legal in all states:

www.nass.org...

There are rules. And you have to register and be approved, so anyone can not hang out just because they want to.
But poll watchers are totally legal.

Why do you keep replying to me? I posted the law on poll watchers too. I said random people can't hang around and watch.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Poll watchers are completely legal in PA:
Poll Worker Training

Section 417 of the Pennsylvania Election Code, 25 P.S. § 2687, provides for the
appointment of watchers. Under section 417(a)
, “[e]ach candidate for...election at any
election shall be entitled to appoint two watchers for each election district in which such
candidate is voted for.” In addition, “[e]ach political party and each political body which
has nominated candidates...shall be entitled to appoint three
watchers at any general...election for each election district in which the candidates of such party or
political body are to be voted for.” 25 P.S. § 2687(a)

RIGHTS OF WATCHERS, CANDIDATES & ATTORNEYS

they dont want you to know POLL WATCHERS ARE A LEGAL THING

i voted early today
i may volunteer to be a poll watcher
f u lynch

Who doesn't want you to know? The real press release is clear. The Breitbart article in the OP is not.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
a reply to: Profusion

I am intimidated by the DOJs warning about the prevention of voter fraud could be illegal.

Perhaps a class action suit is warranted against the DOJ for this warning and for turning a blinds eye on the voter rigging by HC campaign. Collusion?

They did no such thing. People seem to find it too difficult to look at the original source of the Breitbart article.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Just what would the average person do? They can't look at what a person is doing. They can't hoover over the table with the election rolls on them or ask anyone for their ID. They can't stand outside and intimidate people so what exactly does trump want his supporters to do? Start some kind of riot on election day?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Maybe because I can't finish reading your whole posts when you have Glenn in your avatar? I think I am still traumatized from last night

But seriously, I was adding information regarding the national laws and the laws in my state.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Considering the Present DOJ is Blatantly Guilty of Political Manipulation by the Obama Administration , maybe a Future Act of Congress could Prevent the Politicalization of Federal Agencies Under Law . Impartiality Assures Justice Under the Law .

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

the DOJ who gave out immuinty to anyone in the washington dc area code recently puts out a notice to VOLUNTEER poll watchers FOR NO REASON and you want to spin it like it is not intimidation?

our government is now threatening its citizens
this is absolutely unacceptable

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What does a poll watcher do? Watch people come and go. See if a person shows up twice?
They have no right to ask for ID or to even see what their name is when they present themselves to the registrar.
So what exactly do poll watchers do or what is trump asking folks to do?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

cheese and rice
back to "i dont really know"

So what a poll watcher is allowed and not allowed to do is being called into question. According to state statutes, poll watchers can:

Observe assistance given to voters by election officials
Inspect ballot before it is deposited in ballot box to ensure it matches the voter's wishes.
Take written notes while on duty

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sorry DOJ, when I was poll watching, I happened to be experiencing heavy short-circuiting at the time...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Just what would the average person do? They can't look at what a person is doing. They can't hoover over the table with the election rolls on them or ask anyone for their ID. They can't stand outside and intimidate people so what exactly does trump want his supporters to do? Start some kind of riot on election day?

Poll Watcher - Hey Man , didn't we just see that same Bus pull up here an Hour ago ?

Man - Yeah , and look at that , I Remember those People coming out of it to , I Never Forget a Hot Babe , there She is Going in to Vote Again ? WTF ?

Poll Watcher - Hmm... Maybe we should Report it to the DOJ

Man - Good Luck with that , it's 7 PM , their Offices are Closed .

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
No audit=continued voter fraud. is hillbill rigged for a landslide?

they cannot let Trump win.

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Poll watchers have a right to ask for ID or question a right to vote, such as living in the district and being registered.
They can't ask everyone, but if they have reason to ask, they can.

edit on 10/24/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Appointed and approved poll watchers. I can't go and stand around all day.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

A U.S. Department of Justice press release warns individuals who may serve as poll watchers hoping to prevent voter fraud could violate voter intimidation laws.
SOURCE

Anything could violate one of the milllions of laws Americans are expected to follow. I don't know what to make of this. Is it a harmless statement of the obvious or a malicious attempt at thwarting ordinary people's efforts to stop vote fraud? A lot of people are outraged because they think it's the latter.

I need more information to be clear. For instance, everyone knows that crossing the street in the wrong circumstances can be illegal. Some people would say an organization like the DOJ could only have ulterior motives for mentioning that in a context such as what the article linked above describes. I'm not sure about that.

It's because Trump's suggestion that people go into "those neighborhoods" to watch the polls is an obvious attempt at voter intimidation.

There is no history of widespread voter fraud in this country.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

yep

and that is who the notice went to from the doj

VOLUNTEER AMERICANS exerciseing their civil duty to fair elections

why would the doj want to supress poll watchers?
do we no longer have the right to fair elections?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Poll watchers are completely legal in PA:
Poll Worker Training

Section 417 of the Pennsylvania Election Code, 25 P.S. § 2687, provides for the
appointment of watchers. Under section 417(a)
, “[e]ach candidate for...election at any
election shall be entitled to appoint two watchers for each election district in which such
candidate is voted for.” In addition, “[e]ach political party and each political body which
has nominated candidates...shall be entitled to appoint three
watchers at any general...election for each election district in which the candidates of such party or
political body are to be voted for.” 25 P.S. § 2687(a)

RIGHTS OF WATCHERS, CANDIDATES & ATTORNEYS

they dont want you to know POLL WATCHERS ARE A LEGAL THING

i voted early today
i may volunteer to be a poll watcher
f u lynch

Properly appointed poll watchers are not the problem.

Did you bother to click through to read the actual press release, or did you just swallow the Breitbart pill whole?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Department of Justice? Really.... REALLY? I mean REALLY? Who takes them seriously (meet bill in a plane and drop all chargers..Blah.). Meet Bill on a plane and all the sudden Hillary is a saint.... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you people are idiots. Just ... Just... Enough. It's done. Your Queens is president, the fix is in , you can just stop now. We all know its all political fraud. Just.. Enough. Take your Hillary campaign money, pay off some debt... Pay your car payment, pay your rent for a month or two... Buy some steak for a barbecue.

Just FYI I really hope you spend some of that Clinton campaign cash on some survival gear and Scope out a bug out shelter. Preferable away from Nuclear fallout.

Good Luck all you puppets....
edit on 24-10-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

edit on 24-10-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

I keep hearing this " Theory " ....Poll Watchers would be Guilty of Voter Intimidation . Who would they Intimidate , Fraudulent Voters ?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

They are saying trump supporters can't do this and that's true. Each candidate gets their poll watchers from what I've seen here tonight including Donald so the poll watchers will be there doing what they do. You can't go and watch and I can't and standing around outside which is all you or I could do won't tell us what's going on inside.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join