It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Demonic Laws of the Christian God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

So if Yeshi picks out a law and says thats wrong... was god wrong?

A question is to be resolved first before that can be answered. The question is this---

According to the apostle John, Jesus as the Word Of God created all of what is seen and not seen. [John 1:1-5]
Now when you reference the word "Yeshi" what are you actually referencing? Who gave the ten commandments and who gave the laws? Was it "The Word" [Creator] who gave the Commandments or was it "The Most High" who gave the commandments?

Perhaps I am fishing in the wrong water but my understanding is that the Begotten Son "Word" is the image of "The Most High" and is "The Most High." If The Most High gave the commandments then did the commandments come through His Word? If one cannot believe that then we go no further but if one believes that the incarnated Jesus gave the laws then was it not the incarnated Jesus who gave the commandments?

If Jesus, as the Word, gave the laws then nothing of the law can be wrong and being the author of the law has the right to make the law complete [fulfilled]. It is very important to make clear the authority of Jesus, or The Word and The Most High otherwise we cannot all be on the same page. All three are one are they not? That is all three are one in Christian theology but in reading many arguments I have noted that most people will separate the three as though the three are three entities with three different purposes.

My opinion is that Yeshi could not pick out a law that is wrong without The Most High or His Word being wrong. Can God be wrong?

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Hay Seede.

Yeshi is my nickname for Yeshua. Aka Jesus.

He is the son of god and not god himself otherwise he would have said its his laws but he didnt.

John7:16-19
16. Jesus answered them and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me

The word and most high are the same in Christian Theism.

So if god said this is the law and thousands of years later his son said this law or that is wrong was god wrong?

All thoughs that went to hell, do they now get a pass. Meaning he also lied about an eternity of punishment.

Still waiting on where it is specifically said in the bible so and so law was wrong. Only opinion of text that is not what is said.

Ill wait for DISRAELI to reply with the list or rejected laws and the bible passeges that specifically reject said law.

Coomba98
edit on 24-10-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
The Demonic Laws of the Christian God

If we remove all the vicious, unEnlightened, ignorant, violent, insane... crap... from the bible, the entire thing wouldn't be 20 pages long!
There would be nothing left for the insane, the vain, the ignorant... to use to excuse their/our 'despicable' behavior!

Keep trimming the 'fat' (a judicious application of Occam's Razor!) and we'd probably be left with no more than a haiku...

But what a haiku!! *__-

As the book(s) was(were) never meant to be taken literally, the 'Final Edit' would leave no room for such superficial interpretation to continue to cause such harm.

edit on 24-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Let me ask you this.

Do you believe that the Bible is complete, true, inerrant, inspired and un-corrupted?

Chester,

Apologies didnt notice your response. Sorry.

My response is, well you know my response. I dont believe that stuff anymore. Good literature to study for that age.

Do you agree with the demonic laws? And if not where in the bible does Yeshi say said law is wrong.

Dont do as DISRAELI and generalize, quote the passeges.

Ok back to work, talk soon digger.

Coomba98

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Still waiting on where it is specifically said in the bible so and so law was wrong. Only opinion of text that is not what is said.

Wouldn't... "love your neighbor as yourself" qualify?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Akragon,

Not really. That quote doesnt say so and so a law of old is wrong. The OT does say some good things just not much. Going along the lines of your quote:

Romans 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

1 Corinthians 15:33
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.

Romans 12:9
9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Ephesians 4:2
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

And some more as well. Talk about a contradiction of laws. Gods something else hay.

But then you believe he OT god to be the demiurge no? So all your laws are NT excluding Paul.

Correct?

Coomba98
edit on 25-10-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

But then you believe he OT god to be the demiurge no?

That is a theory.... or its purely man made

So all your laws are NT exluding Paul.

Basically yeah... For example

1 Corinthians 15:33
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character

Pretty sure Jesus kept "bad company"... or at least what would be considered so by... many

Ephesians 4:2
2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Not so much the character of said writer...

Romans 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

this is true actually... i have no hatred of Paul... Just distrust

he had a few good things to say

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
So where does Yeshi say a particular law is not from god? Which ones does he specify. Povide a list and bible verses.

For heaven's sake, I've just done it, in the post you're answering. I'm not going to type them over and over again just because you can't bother to read.

Happy to throw out these for argument sakes and go with the ones Yeshi didnt absolve.

The point is that this establishes the precedent of treating the Old Testament laws critically which Paul and the Christian church as a whole have always followed.

This thread is based on a false premise, a carefully manufactured false premise.
You are inventing a fictional verion of the Christian faith, one which follows the Mosaic law, for the sole purpose of arguing with it. This is not the Christian faith which has existed in the real world, so what's the point?

edit on 25-10-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

This is not the Christian faith which has existed in the real world, so what's the point?

Well...

Death to homosexuals might be questionable

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That would be an example of the excessive literalism which is more modern than historic.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   

True... but none the less Christian in the past

Ye don't burn witches anymore either... but once upon a time

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
These things don't add up to endorsing the Mosaic Law in its entirety. That is what this argument is about.
OP says "You follow the Mosaic Law, which is a bad thing".
Christians say "No we don't follow the Mosaic Law".
OP is in the middle of saying "Well you must follow the Mosaic Law, even though it is a bad thing, because if you don't how can I criticise you for following a bad thing? That's not fair, you're supposed to stand still so that I can hit you."
I've been through this pattern so many times on ATS. I think the first one was Galadofwar.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

There is a certain person around our forum that states...

IF you follow Jesus... You must adhere to said 613 laws

What make you of this?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have remarked on the excessive literalism which has begun to emerge in modern times.
I even added a post on the subject to one of my Index threads- God's Law or Galatians or possibly both.
I may, in passing, have told that person that he was being over-literal.

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Dare i say...

Paulian...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The literalism is certainly not Paulian.
Paul is the very person who says we are NOT bound by the letter of the law. "The letter kills, the Spirit gives life". "We are discharged from the Law, we serve not under the old written code, but in the new life of the Spirit".

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

i hate when you do that...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Hay DISRAELI,

Gotta say regarding your first few posts that you mentioned your not repeating is not what i asked for but tip toeing around the subject and providing opinion on the subject that is almost opposite to what it written. And not quoting the texts like i did.

Im to busy to research my premise then to also research yours. Put it all up here so i dont have to check.

Yeshi endorsed masonic laws! I have stated what he said from the very bible. Here ill do it again:

John 7:19
Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keeps the law?

So your saying your not going to follow as Yeshi followed Masonic law? He pretty much says the Masonic law is part of the law he follows!

Your rape excuse is total wrong. Thats the way iit was in thoughs times is a bad response. so god was primative back then? And yet still is cause he did not fix that part.

Read the passage again its rape!!!

I bring up Slavery.. not indentured slavery and you talk about indentured slavery!!!

What about the virgin who lies and is to be stoned to death? Not fixed in the NT.

So for heaven's sake, you have not just done it, in the post you're not answering.

Im not inventing a new version of Christianity as im taking the facts from the freaking bible!!!

So how about trying again? Provide the specific part of the OT and quote it. Aka where in the NT does it say so and so a law in GODS BIBLE, THE FREAKIN HOLY BOOK is wrong. That God was wrong.

Coomba98
edit on 25-10-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hay Akragon,

Hmm i thought you were Gnostic, apologies.

But do you follow the OT god? From your past posts you seem to reject him.

Coomba98

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There is a very simple way of doing this.
Historically, the Christian faith has NOT endorsed the Mosaic Law (the masonic law is a different issue altogether).
Therefore all your elaborate argumentation that the Christian faith OUGHT to endorse the Mosaic Law is quite irrelevant. You don't believe in those laws yourself, do you? So why are you so insistent that we are obliged to believe in things you don't believe in?
You are erecting a man of straw for the sake of knocking it down again. We can all see that this is what you are doing. You are wasting your time.

Or, in other words;

OP says "You follow the Mosaic Law, which is a bad thing".
Christians say "No we don't follow the Mosaic Law".
OP is in the middle of saying "Well you must follow the Mosaic Law, even though it is a bad thing, because if you don't how can I criticise you for following a bad thing? That's not fair, you're supposed to stand still so that I can hit you."
I've been through this pattern so many times on ATS. I think the first one was Galadofwar.

edit on 25-10-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join