It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Spoiler You've Been Waiting For

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I thought the episode was done pretty well. To be honest, even though I knew the storyline from the comic, I was caught off guard by Glen's death after Abraham's.

I've been a fan since season 1 and the comics, so it kind of tugged at my heart a bit to see Glen go. Great character.

I still can't get over how AMC got away with showing such a brutal scene on TV. That was some straight up R rated 80's horror movie sh*t right there. I was like WhaDaFuq after that first hit. They literally made the bat scene in Good Fellas look like it was done with nerf bats. I don't think I"ve seen such a messed up kill sequence in a movie, ever.
edit on 24-10-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ya, I was shocked at how explicit the visuals were.
Now im not a helicopter parent what so ever, or any of that crap.

TWD is a show that we as a family watch together on Sunday nights.
The wife and I along with our 3 kids.
Thankfully our 2 youngest went to bed before 9 last night, and only our 12 year old seen this episode.

Theres no way im letting my 8 and 9 year old watch this one. Way to graphic, way to much.
That being said, I know they will still find their way to it on youtube or what ever.

But man, that head splitter, is enough to give an adult nightmares, let alone a couple of kids. Mind ya, when i was their age, I was watching all the Friday the 13ths and Nightmare on Elm street's, I could rent.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It was waaaaay too much. Too brutal and too graphic. These weren't walkers or villains, or even that kid in the revolving door that we liked but barely knew. This was Glenn and Abraham. I hated it.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dunno...I think the timing of this may have people a bit triggered or whatever, for lack of a better word.

We have had months on end of bad news and hateful behavior and just generalized societal decay. Our favorite TV show comes back with all of our favorite characters and - yeah - we knew someone was going to die and we knew it would be hard but the show return in and of itself is a bit comforting or diversionary and then - BOOM - the deaths were absolutely over-the-top graphic and depraved (in how Negan was so cavalier and psychotic) and the effect was demoralizing and sick and sad and left me feeling like I'm kind of done with this show.

I guess I need to mull it over. Not sure I want to tune into even a pretend world where Negan exists. They all just sat there on their knees and took it. Just like us in the real world. Normalization and all....
edit on 10/24/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

There has been Negans around since we first picked up a stick to hit others...He is very effective at what he does but I do miss the comic version and his constant flip flipity flipper! talk.
edit on 24-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They should have had Negan stop after the first hit and then had "special" Glen for the rest of the show

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It's all metaphorical. An Egregore. We are ALL Rick and his group. Negan is the NWO. He literally said so in the show. We work for the NWO and give them half of everything.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dunno...I think the timing of this may have people a bit triggered or whatever, for lack of a better word.

We have had months on end of bad news and hateful behavior and just generalized societal decay.

fiction allows us to see our worst fears expressed in order to deal with it and overcome. If this was the end of the show, it would be a shame, but its the beginning of the season, the season is going to be pretty rough, but the payoff of vengence is going to be sweet. It also is an allegory to times in life where terrible things may happen, but the reason to continue on is for the chance to make it right.
At least thats what I got from it.

What a send off. Red I was sort of prepared for...Glen...even though I knew he wasn't in the comics anymore, I figured his character was loved enough to where they were gonna just keep him in..especially after escaping the dumpster

Like Game of Thrones...You keep watching because you long to see that little %&@# Joffrey get his comeuppance.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Personally, I can't see why Negan would risk having this group still alive. But hey, that's just me.

Sure, I get they have skills, and can get stuff for you, but the risk is simply too great given the capabilities they've already demonstrated. Just from a practical standpoint, I mean...I get that it's the group that are the main characters after all......

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I want vengeance after tonights episode.

There better be unholy hell unleashed on those dudes, brutal and slow. grrrr

Remember, we watch this through the eyes of Ricks group. Put yourself in Neagens group, his group was attacked and killed in their sleep.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

Sure he is. LOL

I'll save him a seat next Sunday.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Glenn's hiding under the bat. I'm sure he's okay.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
An audacious move on the part of the studio, but ultimately just an "in your face" kind of twist to obscure the monotonous motif. If the series has not gotten boring for me, this would have killed my interest. The shock value is all its good for now. What are they even doing? Trying not to die? Is there an end game, or are we just waiting to see who bites the big one last? There is no cure, no sanctuary, no light at the end of the tunnel. All the more power to you gorephiles but I think I'm done with walking dead. Let me know if they learn a new trick that doesn't involve brutally killing people because unnecessary violence is somehow surprising and fresh for this show...? I don't get it. I thought game of thrones was already an object lesson in such shlock. The most I have gotten from this series is that the walking dead are not the zombies, and living people are far more unlikable than undead people. At least zombies don't pretend to be on your side before they try to kill you.
edit on 24-10-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: SaturnFX
I want vengeance after tonights episode.

There better be unholy hell unleashed on those dudes, brutal and slow. grrrr

Remember, we watch this through the eyes of Ricks group. Put yourself in Neagens group, his group was attacked and killed in their sleep.

Hmm
I am not remembering that. I do remember the episode of his biker raider gang getting a rpg up their tailpipe

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Truth_Seeker
Glenn's hiding under the bat. I'm sure he's okay.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

You do recall why the group in the Hill top was so afraid of Negan right??

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

your totally right. What was supposed to be portrayed last season was a change in Rick's mentality which to me is the basis for the walking dead. When Jesus says your world is about to get a whole lot bigger it is supposed to change Ricks out look from cut throat survivor back to optimistic Rick, "that hey we can make a life here we can trade with the Hill top, We can build some thing". The show did a horrible job painting that picture.

But hopefully with All Out War looming they can recapture that.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Yea it's fiction, but that scene was far beyond socio AND psychopathic. I just skimmed the video, but society is seriously f**ked when people actually enjoy this garbage.

YeAH.

Anyone that 'enjoyed' that episode is sociopathic themselves.

It was just over the top.

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
TWD suffers from snip poor writing really.

Rick the ultimate bad ass tuned in to a sniveling little baby.

Ear biting, going 'psycho' after his wife got eaten.

The Governor.

Cannibals that arne't zombies.

At least Darryls character has been consistent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join