It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened to ATS chat???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's been awhile since I have been around the site so everything looks so new to me...

I'm just curious if ATS still has a chat room or did it go bye bye with all these new changes?

I'm kind of amazed...this whole site has changed a lot and I am not sure if I like the changes or not. I have been a member for a long time (seems like it anyway) and I seem to be lost now navigating my way around.

Anyway...just curious about the chat???

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I'm not quite sure but I've recently joined a live chat based on Reddits r/conspiracy page. Things were getting crazy on reddit so a group of us moved over there to try and keep the discussions about conspiracies haha. I'll link you if you're interested, rconspiracy.chatango.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It was suspended. People were clicking up, ganging up on members... or something.

After periods of temporarily suspending it, the decision was made to drop it.

I know... welcome back, anyway.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Oh wow...okay thanks...

Where is Skeptic...we need to have a talk?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedPhilosopher

I'm not quite sure but I've recently joined a live chat based on Reddits r/conspiracy page. Things were getting crazy on reddit so a group of us moved over there to try and keep the discussions about conspiracies haha. I'll link you if you're interested, rconspiracy.chatango.com...

Well...welcome to ATS...there are a lot of knowledgable folks that have been around a long time.

It used to be pretty easy to find a home here...not too sure anymore.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I hear you OP, I don’t like the changes they made either. i find it far harder to post pictures,videos you tubes and generally link things. I miss chat too.
like they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It was suspended. People were clicking up, ganging up on members... or something.

That's not how I remember it at all. It was due to the chat service host's unwavering poor customer service during down times. From there, SO & company decided not to pursue another option for chat.

I've heard no mention of reviving chat personally.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I've heard no mention of reviving chat personally.

This can't possibly be the first time this has been brought up!

I need to figure out how to search the archives and see where all the discussion about chat has gone!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: stealthyaroura
I hear you OP, I don’t like the changes they made either. i find it far harder to post pictures,videos you tubes and generally link things. I miss chat too.
like they say, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

I don't dare try to post pictures or videos until I figure all these changes out...

It does seem like chat was an big part of ATS...especially during ATS live!

Maybe they'll bring it back someday?

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Go to GOOGLE. Put in a question like "Where did ATS chat go?"/ATS...make sure you add slash(/)ATS. Google will locate your ATS answer. It is what we most have been using the last few years. GOOGLE or BING...dont search here. Long standing issue known to admins.

Your welcome..............MS

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Go to GOOGLE. Put in a question like "Where did ATS chat go?"/ATS...make sure you add slash(/)ATS. Google will locate your ATS answer. It is what we most have been using the last few years. GOOGLE or BING...dont search here. Long standing issue known to admins.

Your welcome..............MS

Okay...good to know...thanks!!!

Has everything gone to sh*t here???

Amazing...this place used to rock the conspiracy world to their core...what happened???

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Trends. All sites go through them. Lately political nonsense abounds...and a lot of religion topics.

And most of us agree once you get the new layout down, its pretty easy and cool. And CHAT I understand was just causing just too many issues and it was killed for good when the new layout was started...and there were more not using it than were....

There was also a DONATION to ATS application began then as well when we had several DDOS hack-attacks here and it cost the owners tons of $$$ to fix as well...so that began as well.

Have a great day! Best.....MS

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I still miss chat.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I miss it as well

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Chat was suspended due to serious problems with the chat provider. SO would get a reminder payment was due, and then have major issues getting that payment through, or would pay for a block of months and have it suspended after the first month, at which time it would take a week to get anyone from customer service to answer him.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Chat was suspended due to serious problems with the chat provider. SO would get a reminder payment was due, and then have major issues getting that payment through, or would pay for a block of months and have it suspended after the first month, at which time it would take a week to get anyone from customer service to answer him.

I see...

Is there a thread about this somewhere that you remember by chance?

I do remember there was some discussion about it ages ago...but it's been a long time!

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Is there a thread about this somewhere that you remember by chance?

Here ya go.

ATS Chat Is No More

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My reasoning would be to have it to notify all online members of breaking events, news etc.
Then the more eloquent members can start threads if they choose to do so.
There is no way of easily relaying breaking info except by PM.
I would suggest finding a reputable chat host and give it another chance.
The security side is where it went wrong before.
You would have to be a member in good standing to use it and being kicked would count as a serious violation and lead to banning in the same manner.

Or, a subsection to off topic chit-chat forum just to post breaking info, news and events.
There is time lag in many case as much as 24Hrs. And that just won't do.
ATS needs to be ahead and out front of everyone else. The debunk and debate can be in formal threads after notification.
Any worth while event should be mentioned here within 5-15 minutes of PD release.

Just my thoughts

Buck

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yeeeeah. There was a period of time where I made a habit of getting drunk and going straight to ATS chat to say who knows what...

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

That's not how I remember it at all.

You memory may vary. I remember it being temporarily closed plenty of times by mods because of abusive behavior. But thats just my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join