It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the "Illuminati" really exist?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Discloser: this has positively NOTHING to do with the political situation going on pro or con, in fact it avoids it altogether. To continue..

This is intended, less as a twee sudden wide eyed wonderers question ("gasp, people do things??") and more of a thorough study into what it is people think they mean when they use the term to describe, roughly, things centering around the concept of shady business deals or weird goings on etcetera. I'm down with the term I guess, but not when it means fifty different things.

A little background on this: it seems in the 90s, it was cool to introspect on the "ptb" in general with the sense being that something was "up." The concept of "up" was often undescribed or nebulous, but the sense was pointed enough that things weren't as rosy as the culture seemed to suggest. At the time, references were compact, the feeling hinted at something bizarre and ominous, and there might have been some counter culture references to pyramids and the almighty dollar. This was pre or around 911, although I'm avoiding *that* specific thing as being OT to this post. The term illuminati it seems, was just a reference to "the illuminated ones" the general non consensus being it was "good enough" as a reference and so it stuck. The situation and the perception was that these shady entities were far removed from the people, the undergrounders hadn't yet mainstreamed. Things held their shape.

Fast forward to today. The term is on everyone's lips as "the thing to beat." You do or don't see symbols in today's media that have filtered down into pop culture in a way far more obvious than just a few not quite believable references of checkerboard floors and white masks only pointed out by people in the underground set, largely ignored.

You've heard the term, and by all appearances, the cultural references go out of their way to confirm this: CT's say there are symbols, whoosh, there are symbols. But there seems a disconnect. Nothing, it seems is really going on between the two. And yes there are your usual government gossips or scandals and "things going on" and I don't doubt there are "things" and inasmuch as I care between my favorite beverage and whatever jam I'm tripping out on while doing my average daily things I do for fun, there might be a "group." They might even do sheesh "rituals". But my question is, is it the so called "you know who" or is it just a big disconnect, like I said. Personally I don't care about any actual ties with what's is name or Bavaria. If they choose to be seen as the illuminati, they're the illuminati. A word is a word. Just wanted to be sure that THEY knew for sure.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
edit on 20-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

All day long.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

All day long.

And beyond forever.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Seriously though. Read the post or I wouldn't have put it there.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Who else would select Hillary as president?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You didn't read the post.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Only serious replies please, from now on nothing else will be answered.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Rappers only rap about true things...

...unless its about their daily lives and how they were raised.

Sooooo, nevermind.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You didn't read the post.

I did so and found that you only give them enough room in
your day to day where they may call themselves what ever
they wish. As they profoundly infect everything going on
around you. And effect you in more ways than you're willing
to admit. Including your thought patterns and the way you
vibe.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
Only serious replies please, from now on nothing else will be answered.

We are being serious, we believe there is, well I certainly do anyway.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Stop derailing. Or making things personal. It's a post. And it's apolitical. Next?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's obvious you only read the title tho. And that sucks because I put the post there as a post. Not a title. No more derails ppl.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Thoughts? Suggestions?

what did you really want out of this post ?

i dont really get your point
after reading your post

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Reading comprehension plz. Everyone else, honestly, if you don't have anything to contribute, don't. It's not political. I know it's hard to get. But the post is #ing clear. Tone down the ADD.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sure they Do.

But it ain't Jay Z.

Whatever you see in pop culture imho is deflection and distracTion.

Best thing they did was make it a house hold word. Sort of that hide in plain site concept.

Me thinks the people in Charge that you inquire about don't even call themselves "illuminati"... but I think at this point it would be niaeve to not suspect a hidden hand .. of course it sure is comforting to think there is an illuminati controlling things because if not and the world really is this crazy than then ..well... at least illuminati implies some sort of grip on things.. even if they do drink the blood of virgins

edit on 20-10-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

my reading comprehension is fine

Nothing, it seems is really going on between the two. And yes there are your usual government gossips or scandals and "things going on" and I don't doubt there are "things" and inasmuch as I care between my favorite beverage and whatever jam I'm tripping out on while doing my average daily things I do for fun, there might be a "group." They might even do sheesh "rituals". But my question is, is it the so called "you know who" or is it just a big disconnect, like I said. Personally I don't care about any actual ties with what's is name or Bavaria. If they choose to be seen as the illuminati, they're the illuminati. A word is a word. Just wanted to be sure that THEY knew for sure.

but following the point of your post isnt easy

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

but following the point of your post isnt easy

Jay Z is from Bavaria?

Don't you see OP, I've been directly on-topic with every post.
edit on Rpm102016v03201600000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

You might be right, although I wondered how much of it was them reacting off of things people said, like vigilant citizen, sort of a "you want symbols, we got'em some symbols!!" reaction. Except they themselves don't even know what's up. People want to believe there's a plan. I'm just trying to find out where it is. So far the virgin sacrifice thing is turning up fake blood. I'd believe it more if they said it was Charlie Sheen.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You want a serious reply. It is highly unlikely that a world wide secret group called the Illuminati has been guiding world affairs in secret for hundreds or thousands of years, despite a few cryptic web sites or movies to the contrary. Even the Masonic Order, which despite their own claims of starting on the 1700's can be traced back thousands of years, has lost their way completely. Their extensive memorization of history as they knew it has been perverted long ago. They don't know what they stand for and amount to a old boy's club like the Elks or Eagles. That's not to say that there is not a real effort at a NWO pushed by TPTB. But it's no secret. We know who they are and they know we know. It's a push toward "equalization" and a one-world government being made by people who believe it will be of benefit to everyone, and especially themselves. It's not a "conspiracy" in as much as it is an effort to promote that world view over others. A lot of us don't like that idea, hence the conflict. People throwing reptilian overlords into the mix based on screwy YouTube videos have a wild imagination, as does a lot of ATS.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thank you. That sums up pretty much what I thought. It's why I use "tptb." This other stuff is filled with junk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join