It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the "Illuminati" really exist?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yea you know I love vigilant ciTizen but even I myself am not sure if I believe him or just prefer him to creepy pasta... I will say over the years his "Symbolic pics of the month" section has stayed consistent enough to convince me that someone definately wants that one eye sign on media..he wouldn't have 4+ years of monthly proof if it wasn't.. imho..

I think it's a bit of both .. one thing I try to tell my more paranoid friend is that while I and he know I'm no free mason/satanic/ illuminate.. if my musical endeavors got to the point that I needed artwork I would for sure be including Triangles, eyes, and other new age/psychedelic / occult symbolism .. not because I'm involved but that stuff has always resonated and was used by my favorite bands so it seems natural..

So I can see both sides of it.

a reply to: breakingbs

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
You want a serious reply. It is highly unlikely that a world wide secret group called the Illuminati has been guiding world affairs in secret for hundreds or thousands of years, despite a few cryptic web sites or movies to the contrary. Even the Masonic Order, which despite their own claims of starting on the 1700's can be traced back thousands of years, has lost their way completely. Their extensive memorization of history as they knew it has been perverted long ago. They don't know what they stand for and amount to a old boy's club like the Elks or Eagles. That's not to say that there is not a real effort at a NWO pushed by TPTB. But it's no secret. We know who they are and they know we know. It's a push toward "equalization" and a one-world government being made by people who believe it will be of benefit to everyone, and especially themselves. It's not a "conspiracy" in as much as it is an effort to promote that world view over others. A lot of us don't like that idea, hence the conflict. People throwing reptilian overlords into the mix based on screwy YouTube videos have a wild imagination, as does a lot of ATS.

This is exactly what I would expect a member of the Illuminati to say.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You want a serious reply. It is highly unlikely that a world wide secret group called the Illuminati has been guiding world affairs in secret for hundreds or thousands of years, despite a few cryptic web sites or movies to the contrary. Even the Masonic Order, which despite their own claims of starting on the 1700's can be traced back thousands of years, has lost their way completely. Their extensive memorization of history as they knew it has been perverted long ago. They don't know what they stand for and amount to a old boy's club like the Elks or Eagles. That's not to say that there is not a real effort at a NWO pushed by TPTB. But it's no secret. We know who they are and they know we know. It's a push toward "equalization" and a one-world government being made by people who believe it will be of benefit to everyone, and especially themselves. It's not a "conspiracy" in as much as it is an effort to promote that world view over others. A lot of us don't like that idea, hence the conflict. People throwing reptilian overlords into the mix based on screwy YouTube videos have a wild imagination, as does a lot of ATS.

A little naive in one tiny spot but... that's pretty damn good.

I have no idea why I'm still here.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh no!! Not that.

Yikes.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well said.
To me all that crap is just diversion at best, paranoid people at worst . Or vice versa? I dunno.

Either way it discredits any legitimacy which is probably what thI real ptb prefer.. not only does it keep people running in circles looking for something that's not there (flat earth, mendella, TRUMP, Jones, etc) but automatically shuts down and converstation becaus duh that stuff is whack!

Personally that's my fear with all this trump conspiracy talk ... when Hillary wins she'll crack down on media because "look at all the lies and how all they did was divide we can't have That only state approved media from here on out!!!"

Sorry I know this is not supposed to be political. My 1 beer while i wait for Togo food turned into 3 cuz the kitchen sucks

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

That's okay at least you put something into your post. I just didn't want it to devolve into a whole lot of one liners. Even though I've treaded out a few.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I dig it.
For a conspiracy site people sure are dismissive of such talk.. tho I will admit as I "get older" in conspracy world I tend to treat the intro theories as childish and write them off..

But to me your question encapsulates the whole reason we are here.. if conspiracies are prevelant enough to convince all these members to join than it seems odd they would laugh off a discussion about who might be behind it all.. maybe they know something we don't?

All I know for SURE is that I'm the only real human on this site the rest of y'all are shills out here to mess with my head by the local Shriners!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: schuyler

This is exactly what I would expect a member of the Illuminati to say.

Well, I lost my membership card and they won't replace it, so I can no longer prove I'm a member. At least my driver's license will get me senior rates, though most people, when they take a look at me, don't ask to see it and just give it to me. I get kick out of youngsters proclaiming my naivete, hence my sig.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
maybe this has relevance in your search
Leopold Engel
en.wikipedia.org...

During the 1890s he became involved with Theodor Reuss in reviving the Illuminati in Germany, setting up an irregular masonic lodge which they called the Ludwig Lodge.

but nothing really concrete on their supposed resurgence

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
They aren't a secret group. They are known as Rockefeller/Rothschild.

The Illuminati faded out and they are no more. If they are still around.. it's a secret. lol

Robert Wilson wrote a Trilogy in 1975... It was called The Illuminatus! Trilogy It was advertised as "a fairy tale for paranoids," the three books were The Eye in the Pyramid, The Golden Apple, and Leviathan.

The themes of the books were, but not limited to, occult and magical symbolism, history, the counterculture of the 1960s, secret societies, data concerning author H.P. Lovecraft and author and occultist Aleister Crowley, and American paranoia about conspiracies and conspiracy theories.

Robert who wrote the books was into hemp and psychedelics. He loved philosophy as well!! Seemed like a cool and funny guy and believe he died in 2007.

Steve Jackson Games was inspired by the books and so created the card game ( Illuminati cards).

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I wish we could get some really serious and genuine answers for the op. This is one of the areas that caught my attention from the beginning of my interest in ATS.

Are members afraid to speak up? of looking silly? of being ridiculed?

And why ridicule the op? I'm, with you.

Anyone? Anyone? Anyone?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yes they exist but not all the exaggerated stories are true. Those are put out there to make it seem silly and then there are those who just post stupid ideas to add to the silliness.

On the other hand we can't be naive and think everything is always as it seems.

There are indeed groups of people who believe they are illuminated and there might be a luciferian doctrine, although thinking they do sacrifices and such might be taking it too far, but what do I know.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Interesting. A Russian with a German last name, who wound up moving to Germany. Lol. I've heard of all the orders (rosicrucians, etc,) that this guy became a member of. Seems he was interested in, or "fascinated with" the illumin. and wanted to set up his own order, sort of after the fact. All his other endeavors seem to have been his own.

But I think the key is in your last sentence, nothing can prove a resurgence. If they did resurge spontaneously, I'd place it somewhere in the 90s and in an entirely new form unconnected as it were to the rosucrucians or some such other... But that's okay. Even if it was spontaneous and sort of just happened. I get the pop culture references: "devil's horns!! triangles!!!" It just doesn't seem to be that there's anything really going ON beyond that...
edit on 20-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I get the pop culture references: "devil's horns!! triangles!!!" It just doesn't seem to be that there's anything really going ON...

i suspect the celebrities that do this are pushed by image consultants
a vain attempt to appeal to an alternative demographic

edit on 20-10-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The issue with any secretive group is that their true nature, and even existence, can be hidden alongside mounds of conflicting information. If its even there at all. That stands true for general information in our culture, and most will be attracted to information that is easiest to process, or in agreement with existing "beliefs."

The only way to find real information is direct involvement on some level. Even that presents a problem though, as any group with enough finances or influence can create a public image up to and including completely public operations and companies. The entire public operation can be inundated in propaganda themselves, yet are able to claim a legitimate connection all the same. That can give an enormous amount of leverage with social perception.

After enough exposure (sometimes generations) between all available on-topic information and the public image, our brains will simply start making the connections itself, as it is expecting a repeatable event.

Interestingly, the same thing can happen to the individuals inside the illusion too. The danger there is melding the hidden actions with the public messages, justifying any action by believing the propaganda hiding it.

I have little doubt that there are shadow groups that greatly influence world events. But, actually finding accurate information than can be determined as accurate is difficult at best.

Things like their popular name, or historical connections, are tricky without being able to identify actual individuals. And that information may not be available.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Interesting info, thanks. I have spotted what looks to be some reference towards crowleyism in some small circles (of whose works I haven't really read much but I'm familiar with him as a referenced figure who was into the occult and influenced a few bands or did and did some shocking things or what or influenced bands or not...I even see some lavey whose works I'm not familiar with but I get the reference just like with crowley. But everything else seems to be an amalgamation of symbols and new age methodology mixed in with "whatever the #." Which is fine, but it doesn't seem to indicate anything other than people saying "see what symbol we can use today," and throwing together whatever comes up while smoking **** mixed in with some new age theory. Doesn't seem material.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Interesting post. And funny enough but i myself don't care about individuals names who might be involved with "everythingunderthesunthatmightbeoutthere!!" Reason being i am trying to see how it all connects. Moreso than gossip about persons. Weve all seen the stories.

Even if it's one third of the story, half completely fake (which I can sort thru), or full of @$/&, at least something solid with a pattern. Otherwise I can't even legitimize it when people claim there's a group out there supposedly doing all these things..

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Let's lay it down flat, to believe that only what you see and hear and can touch or prove is real is to be perfectly rational and of sound body and mind but it's also not to believe in reality.

What we see, touch and hear is not the whole of reality, it's only what we are able to sense, to say that because you can't see it or don't have enough proof of something that it's not real is to be a sheeple.

Why wouldn't there be a group of vastly rich people that are bored with wealth and have more fun controlling people instead, why wouldn't they? We see this in every high school and college group to date, so why would they fill you in on their details? The best way to hide in plain sight is to make sure what you say and do would be seen as hardly plausible or down right insane.

With more than 2,000 cults in the US alone, it's not hard to believe that there isn't a few 1%er cults as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

But why wouldn't they WHAT?? Anything a ct wants to say they do? And oh no, wouldn't want to be a sheeple people person!

I never said there weren't or were "cults." I'm asking for a pattern. Everything else is speculation or an attempt to throw off serious discussion. Not meant personally of course...

Read my post above yours, seems yours got through first. I'm not looking for the keys to the universe..just some rational thought, a little bit o thanks, when I add or I get something right..

It puts food on the table.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The inability to converse with fellow man is not the path to understanding hidden truths as the facts are hidden in places many people don't care to tread since they feel they have the answers already.

There is a reason detectives have to dig to find answers.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join