It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy fighter jet painted for Breast Cancer Awareness month

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I bet the money would have been more useful for treatments.

How does a pink plane or any color plane heal someone?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone
It's basically showing military support for cancer sufferers and survivors, just like football players do. What is wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I just think the money would have been more useful for treatments, just about everyone is aware of and supports breast cancer awerness.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Understood, however it's a nice show of awareness and support for those fighting the disease, that more are supporting them even if only one person seen that and got a smile and some positive energy upgrade from the site of it, then to 1 it was worth the cost...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I think people find it annoying for many varied reasons, I think slactivism, for the people who do it is a tool for feeling good about themselves without actually doing anything constructive.

I think it would have been better for the navy to make a cash donation. I know a lot of people think this kind of attention raising is better than nothing but I'm not sure it is, our we just disarming our sympathy for the plight of people, with pink bows, and virtue signaling.

I guess we are kind of talking about it, in a Pretty in pink war machines are so 80's, what about cancer again

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
"Hey i was thinking, could you guys maybe help out and spend some money on boob cancer research?"
"No, don't be silly"
"Why not?
"Because we just spent 100k on painting this jet pink in support of breast cancer"

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lice000

Nice try. I have a large network of "cancer friends" which includes many breast cancer survivors and they were the ones who informed me of the tragedy that is Pinktober. If scientists found a cure for breast cancer I would be elated, not jealous. Cancer research progress = progress. Fake cheerleading campaigns to gain money off the suffering of others, while promoting products which are known to be contributing to the problem = horrific.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: lane24

First off, you remind of that guy who says "im not racist, i have black friends" I could really care less about your underground cancer network. Those products FUND your research and honestly, what doesn't cause cancer? Find me anything from water to the sun and i will find some research showing that it causes cancer. Make sure you and all your cancer buddies write the national breast cancer foundation and tell them not to accept money from any of these places that use a pink ribbon to make money. And when you are done with that, write all the researchers that are working on a cure to tell them what hypocrites they are for using that dirty money- how DARE they use it to find a cure.
You sold me, im not giving a dime to breast cancer research. I would rather people die than accept help from these evil pinkwashers.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

The Navy didn't paint it, the museum did. It's on loan from the Naval Aviation Museum and was being repainted, so they used a temporary painting technique to paint it pink. It only cost the amount of the paint to do, and should wash right off with pressure washers.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet
I think it would have been better for the navy to make a cash donation.

Why do you think the navy had anything to do with it? Try actually reading the story!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the clarity

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I didn't know that the temporary black paint that we used to use when we didn't want anybody to know who we were now comes in pink.

I still get a laugh when ever somebody mentions "black helicopters".

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay I mean no offense to any of the women on here but really ..
what is it with this saturation of breast cancer awareness campaigns ? I mean what about lung cancer, prostate cancer or all the other cancers in the world. I mean as a general rule women are much more aware of what's going on around them than men are and I think as a general rule they are much more proactive in getting things done. So I would think they would need less of a reminder to be aware than men do..... just saying

ETA... as soon as I finished posting this I realized that I had just answered my own question... my bad ladies .... Sorry editby]edit on 20-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

Men can also have breast cancer.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes! Thank you for pointing this out!

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yeah but we would never admit it... I mean really what guy is going to want to be sitting at the bar having a beer with his buddy and say hey guess what I got some bad news today... I just found out I have breast cancer.

edit on 20-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy

Yeah but we would never admit it... I mean really what guy is going to want to be sitting at the bar having a beer with his buddy and say hey guess what I got some bad news today... I just found out I have breast cancer.

Now your being silly, have a good life.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

As silly as it may sound I'm afraid there's probably more truth to it than silliness..and thank you..... I am having a good life.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: HarryJoy

Men can also have breast cancer.

richard roundtree (Shaft)
had breasty cancer

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

When they filmed Pearl Harbor they had to paint the planes to 1941 colors. They took latex paint, and put dish washing fluid on it. When they were done, it washed right off, leaving the original paint intact. That's what they did here.
edit on 10/20/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join