It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Lights over Charlotte NC 15 October 2016

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Are you assuming that they all have to move together in unison if tied together with some length of string connecting them?

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Well to be honest I am not sure. I guess they would all have to be tied together, however many of them there are, or they might drift apart too soon.

It would however appear that the three I pointed out seemed to move together in a way that would be difficult to achieve with just string, and so perhaps they are on the same unit/frame/balloon?

I think it would be useful if we could identify separate units that move in concert because that might yield more information about what this is.

I mean bats do not, to pick one explanation that has come up, on the whole move with much syncronization, so if we could agree that the lights do then at least we'd be done with the bats.

Unless they were tied together with string, that is, which would be a horrible thing to discover :-)

BT
edit on 20-10-2016 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

LOL er... yes I think I know what fog is!

But Ive never seen fog that has blinky little lights in it

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
from the guy who filmed it:

C. Hulbert1 day ago Details.......im a professional driver. on this particular sunday, myself, 2 other drivers and roughly 15 people were standing around in the hotel parking lot. We were getting ready to head to the airport for a pickup. I had happened to look up at the roof of the hotel and spotted these individual orbs or exterior lighting that was on something far bigger. i was literally stunned because of how low it was (possibly a mile to 3/4 of a mile directly above the hotel) i was trying to figure out what it was......blimp, yes luminaries, skydivers etc.......i then told everyone to look up. realizing i didnt know exactly what i was looking at, i choose to run to my bus , grab my phone and start filming. yes i believe in aliens.....however i also believe in secret aircraft after having a uncle who worked for lockheed martin. i figured just document what im seeing and maybe a real expert can figure this out later. obviously the weather was slightly overcast, had a light wind actually blowing the opposite direction the "thing" was traveling in. outside of the bus diesels, it was a very quiet night. you could see civilian aircraft flying in the distance. i shot until i felt its was almost impossible to see. before we left, the lights literally faded out completely. if it were luminaries, i would expect it to go with the wind, not away from it. if they were skydivers, id expect them to go down, not up. if it was a airliner or private plane, id question being able to be that low over the city since after 911 and there was no jet noise. for those of you who dont believe in aliens......the idea of some top secret stealth wing with silent running harrier technology is plausible. hope that gives you insight

Oh, and he offered to somebody on youtube to email the original video, so if anybody here wants it to analyze further, why dont you send him a message?

edit on 10202016 by justbe because: added something

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Somebody with better math skills than myself could probably figure out just how large a "frame" could be between balloons that would make them move together in a particular shape (i.e., a triangle). The larger the triangle, the larger the frame pieces would have to be, making them heavier, and necessitating a larger balloon. For a big frame, you're going to want the lightest possible material you can find. However, at some point, the balloons and the frame are going to be big enough to be seen with the naked eye in the reflected light.

I still don't see any indication of light reflecting from either a frame or supporting balloons. In addition to math, I wish I was also more adept at manipulating and stabilizing video. A good stabilization would likely be helpful in this case.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: justbe

Wind at street level is often not wind direction at altitude...we've already determined via the weather for the night in question that the balloons appear to be going at wind speed in the direction of the wind. Buildings, especially in a city center, can change the ground level direction of wind by funneling it in different directions.
edit on 20-10-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It's not always in a triangle. It just randomly made a poor triangle from the perspective of the video.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well now you have.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I have a perception of these lights and it is that the array of blinking is a repeating pattern. I wish I had the ability to slow it down and make counts of the lights. It feels to me something akin to binary code; I watched the video a dozen or more times. I really feel like I perceive a pattern. Pattern recognition has been one of my few strengths in the past.

Of course, I am also REALLY hungry for a fresh UFO story.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thanks, but I was just quoting the person who had seen this with his own eyes. You should tell him, that what he saw was just led lights on a string in the fog lol

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: tigertatzen

So, what do you think you saw? An array of balloons on a structure/frame, a drone with an "x" frame, or what?

What does your gut/mind tell you you were looking at?

Did you have any sort of a "feeling" about it?

I don't think it was a drone because it was very high up and large...big enough to be a military jet. I don't think it was balloons or a string of lights or bats, either.

It was on a trajectory headed in the direction of our building and moving closer very rapidly, similar to a jet; faster than a passenger plane, so I figured it was military. Also, there were only the White lights which is not commercial so again, I thought military.

It stayed in a fixed position for a lengthy period of time, too. It was far above the treetops, so not a balloon or strand of lights caught on something. And when it departed, it did so by receding into the sky in the direction from whence it came...I guess they threw it in reverse rather than making a u-turn.

As far as the structure, it was much thicker than just a frame. I'm assuming it was constructed out of some metal...it was very similar looking to scaffolding, sort of cage-like. I could only get glimpses of the structure in between the blinking sequence of the lights, because they were ridiculously bright and even more so through the binoculars...I could see the outline of the unlit portions and make out the X shape.

There was more to the structure than what I could see, something in the center part of the X, but the only thing I could see was a shadow of something behind the lights. I couldn't discern a specific shape, just a bulky something.

My gut tells me that this thing was a manned craft of some kind. It made my stomach drop when I went back outside and saw it was still out there, and had gotten even closer than it was when I saw it approaching. I actually felt kind of fearful, because if it was a manned craft, it seemed very likely that whoever was in it could see me out there. But I had the very strong feeling that there was someone inside there. Multiple someones, actually.

I think it is equally plausible that it could have been either humans or ETI aboard the craft, so I don't really have a concrete feeling about that aspect of it. But if this thing was built by people from this planet, then its creator is not only in possession of some seriously badass tech, but also doesn't seem to mind if people on the ground are able to see it.

Something else I forgot to mention was that there were several black helicopters circling around about two hours prior to this thing showing up. It may or may not be related; there are a number of military installations here and we do get helicopters flying by overhead, but these were circling for close to an hour...even some of the neighbors noticed it and thought it odd.

I would be far more inclined to accept that what I saw was some experimental craft than I would be that it was a balloon or strands of lights or bats, ffs. Whatever these things are, they are not like anything we have ever seen here, and we see a whole lot of things flying around in the sky every day.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Wind at street level is often not wind direction at altitude...we've already determined via the weather for the night in question that the balloons appear to be going at wind speed in the direction of the wind

According to this page the wind was mostly from the North for the whole night in question.

If you look at my earlier posts in this thread, I think it is most likely that the view is towards WNW, which means a northerly direction, and this would then tie in with what the guy who shot the video also claims that it is going against the wind.

Now what we don't have is an exact time frame for the video, but the winds seems to have been mostly from the north all night (if you look at the METAR data at the bottom of the page I linked to) so this might not be very significant.

It would be better, of course, if we had an exact time frame.

If you think any of this is in error I would love to get your imput. You can easily find the hotel in google maps, drop into street view and try to recreate the position that this was shot from, like I did earlier.

Please look at the METAR data too. It is for an airport 10 km away so should reflect the wind conditions fairly well.

BT

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Yes, you are looking at the hotel from the wrong direction and you have the direction they are facing wrong.

They are facing due west when filming. The balloons are floating right to left in the video which means due south. The wind is from the north so the balloons are following the direction of the wind.

Edit:

Here is the image from the video to show the direction they are facing, notice the raised portion of the hotel and the single column of windows facing the camera:

This is the angle they are filming from (Well, as close as you can get from google maps anyway):

In order to do that this is the direction they are facing (It would actually be even more perfect west if you got them at the right spot):

Without question this definitively proves, as was mentioned earlier, that these objects are moving WITH THE WIND at wind speed.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Oh, you know what it is he saw? He doesn't even know what it is he saw. Phage nailed this on page 1.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Hehe, well when I contrast your still from the movie with the picture you have posted, not only are they not identical, but I still think WNW is more accurate than your W.

However, where do you get the sense that the things are moving from right to left in the video?

If you listen to the commentary you can clearly hear the man say they were over the hotel a while ago, yes? And now they are further out?

I am not saying that you are wrong, but it doesn't seem that obvious to me.

BT

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

The balloons are floating right to left...

Apart from the fact that wind speed is an indicator, and nothing more, of relative movement given the behaviour shown, they were actually moving in the opposite direction. Left to right as it is shown in the video, not right to left.

This mistake on your part does not negate your point, it just shows that we are all prone to mistakes in our haste to prove somebody wrong...

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Now you're just being silly. It was YOUR sentiment "lights on a string in the fog".

I stated very clearly earlier that I thought that was ridiculous, along with bats and so on, as well as my personal opinion.

Well... if Phage said so, then it must just be true... LOL

btw, you can save the next reply, just no fun talking to closed minds

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes, the lights are moving very clearly from the left to the right.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Dupe

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

They aren't identical because my angle is slightly off due to maps limitations, it is clearly the correct side of the hotel. Your view is very clearly the wrong side of the hotel.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join