It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Mission to the Darkside of the Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hmm I don't think He3 is going to have a market, Tokamak hot fusion is not going anywhere soon , maybe useful in a Fusion Drive Engine tho.

On a side note, to go anywhere and do anything useful in our System we need to Industrialize the Moon, the only way to get anywhere beyond the Moon safely is to build large ships on the Moon .... the talk of Mars missions in a capsule just make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic4life

Oh there's a market for it alright.

Mining Helium 3 from the lunar regolith for generation of power on Earth is a very attractive economic foundation for a lunar settlement economy

In 2010 DOE released 14,000 liters per year, at a spot market auction price of $2,000 per liter, $15,000 per gram or $500,000 per troy ounce, over 300 times the price of gold or platinum by weight.

www.lunarpedia.org...

China corned the market on rare earth elements.

It's not out of altruism they are even talking about the moon.

To exploit it's resources.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: lostbook

You think that China would be more transparent than the US? Why?

I think they'd do exactly the same thing the USA did. Lie lie lie. We'll never know what truly happened there's just too much mystery surrounding it. I know they did go, for sure, but some things don't add up - mostly the secrecy from NASA and the astronauts strange demeanor.

But to answer your question in a fully exoteric manner, no they wont show us anything. They might find something, but they wont broadcast it. What would super interesting though is, if on their return China adopted the same style of governance that the US has. That would be cool, like an alien-led governmental system.

I was a kid when Apollo 11 went and came back from the moon and remember my Dad commenting on how the astronauts looked when they came back. They looked absolutely spooked. That's what my Dad said. He thought they saw something they shouldn't have, and he said that back in 1969.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Indeed the reasons for Moon Industrialization are economic and strategic.

As you say, China has rare Earth elements cornered and Russia has Titanium.
He3 on its own is not a large enough market to justify the initial costs of development, but added to Rare Earth and Titanium etc , the Economic and Strategic necessity becomes obvious.

It's a pity our current Political class don't have the will or the intellect to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Yeah.
Terrified.
airandspace.si.edu...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Yeah.
Terrified.
airandspace.si.edu...

That's just a photograph, but I saw them on live television when they got back. They smiled, but people often smile at funerals too. You could tell by how they looked and talked that something wasn't right about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic4life

He3 on its own is not a large enough market to justify the initial costs of development

$15 grand a gram and $500 grand per troy ounce.

Ain't chump change.

That's a trillion dollar industry.

Trillions more in derivative technologies.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

$15 grand a gram and $500 grand per troy ounce.

What if it costs $16 grand to produce that gram?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

IF it does.

They do what they do now.

Create a company that sells stocks to create share holders to finance it.

Right along with tax breaks.

That employ millions of people that create more business's that do the same exact thing.

In the process. That creates jobs. That creates economic expansion that creates tax revenue for the state.

Then rinse and repeat.

Until comes along someone like the giants of industry like the Rockefellars,Morgans, and others that create a cheaper process.

Ultimately culminating in that word thats used so much on there.

PROGRESS.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

...a mission to the dark-side of the Moon in 2018 to study the Geological conditions that exist there

I don't want to be that guy but, can you study Geological conditions on the Moon? Or are they looking to study Selenographical conditions (the moons surface).
edit on 17-10-2016 by Observationalist because: Remove Unnecessary self deprecation

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
This probably comes as no surprise to the ATS crowd but China, in its ambitious efforts to one-up the US in Space dominance has announced that it will have a mission to the dark-side of the Moon in 2018 to study the Geological conditions that exist there. No one has ever been to the Dark-side of the Moon, we are told so this will be a first.

China plans to land the first probe ever on the dark side of the moon in 2018, marking another milestone in its ambitious space program, the official Xinhua news agency reported. China has launched a new round of work focused on lunar exploration, coming about two years after it made the first "soft landing" on the moon since 1976 with the Chang'e-3 craft and its Jade Rabbit rover. Previous spacecraft have seen the far side of the moon, which is never visible from earth, but none has landed on it.

I gotta say that it's about time that someone went to the Dark-side of the Moon. Now we'll know for sure if there is anything there as some people claim. Maybe they'll find something. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

Are you sure that no-one went to the Dark Side of the Moon? Didn't we orbit the whole thing?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Did China just discover Pink Floyd?
This should be good

Lol, that might be the catalyst that changes their society.

When I lived there, virtually everyone only knew the worst pop music, like Justin Beiber, and loved it. 99.9% had no idea who the Beatles were or Pink Floyd.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

...a mission to the dark-side of the Moon in 2018 to study the Geological conditions that exist there

I don't want to be that guy but, can you study Geological conditions on the Moon? Or are they looking to study Selenographical conditions (the moons surface).

They call it the dark side and you're complaining about that?

BTW, selenographical would have to do with mapping and stuff. You may have meant selenological.

edit on 10/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: lostbook
This probably comes as no surprise to the ATS crowd but China, in its ambitious efforts to one-up the US in Space dominance has announced that it will have a mission to the dark-side of the Moon in 2018 to study the Geological conditions that exist there. No one has ever been to the Dark-side of the Moon, we are told so this will be a first.

China plans to land the first probe ever on the dark side of the moon in 2018, marking another milestone in its ambitious space program, the official Xinhua news agency reported. China has launched a new round of work focused on lunar exploration, coming about two years after it made the first "soft landing" on the moon since 1976 with the Chang'e-3 craft and its Jade Rabbit rover. Previous spacecraft have seen the far side of the moon, which is never visible from earth, but none has landed on it.

I gotta say that it's about time that someone went to the Dark-side of the Moon. Now we'll know for sure if there is anything there as some people claim. Maybe they'll find something. What says ATS?

www.nbcnews.com...

Are you sure that no-one went to the Dark Side of the Moon? Didn't we orbit the whole thing?

Satellites and such have flown over that side of the Moon but no one has ever put boots on the ground there as of yet.
edit on 17-10-2016 by lostbook because: word edit

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I think they'd do exactly the same thing the USA did. Lie lie lie. We'll never know what truly happened there's just too much mystery surrounding it. I know they did go, for sure, but some things don't add up - mostly the secrecy from NASA and the astronauts strange demeanor.

But to answer your question in a fully exoteric manner, no they wont show us anything. They might find something, but they wont broadcast it. What would super interesting though is, if on their return China adopted the same style of governance that the US has. That would be cool, like an alien-led governmental system.

I was a kid when Apollo 11 went and came back from the moon and remember my Dad commenting on how the astronauts looked when they came back. They looked absolutely spooked. That's what my Dad said. He thought they saw something they shouldn't have, and he said that back in 1969.

You DAD said they were spooked. Hold the press!!! I didnt realise your FATHER said that. I mean, it could be they were just exhausted fro m the incredible journey they just did. No..no, i trust your dad. he said they are spooked. That seals it.

....wow, your DAD.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The terrain of the far side is dramatically different from that of the near side. The mass distribution also seems to be quite different.
upload.wikimedia.org...

I think the original plan was to return samples to Earth. I don't know if that's still the case.

edit on 10/17/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Dont have to be a tosser about it surely.
a reply to: 3danimator2014

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The terrain of the far side is dramatically different from that of the near side. The mass distribution also seems to be quite different.
upload.wikimedia.org...

I think the original plan was to return samples to Earth. I don't know if that's still the case.

Hm.m.m.m. Do you think there's something to hide?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No.
But plenty to learn.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

You DAD said they were spooked. Hold the press!!! I didnt realise your FATHER said that. I mean, it could be they were just exhausted fro m the incredible journey they just did. No..no, i trust your dad. he said they are spooked. That seals it.

....wow, your DAD.

Nice of you to read into it your own ignorance. Wow, the ignorance.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join