It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage After Pedals the Bear Apparently Killed In NJ

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yea it wasnt bad... not my favorite meat, but if I had family that needed meat... and I had an easy shot you bet I would take it.

Meat that tasted different is far better than none at all.

If you cant afford to buy it on a regular basis and keep the bills paid... even if the meat tasted odd, but it was healthy... you take the shot and just add more things to flavor the meat during cooking.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Encryptor
a reply to: [post=21388734]burdman30ott6

I can honestly say i've never eaten a bear, but Venacin is delicious!

Virtually any wild game can be delicious if properly prepared. That said, Spring black bears eat a lot of winterkill and can have a pungeant taste. Similarly, Fall brown bears (at least here in Alaska) have gorged themselves on salmon so much that their fat has a fishy essence to it... certainly not as tasty as the fall black bears (though it's still edible.)

I can agree with that, it makes complete sense. Lots of omega fatty acids from the fish as well making it well worth the kill and 100,000 times healthier than the garbage they sell in the not so super markets. It's a win win!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Ok, fair enough, I have tried and didn't care for it.
I do like some game meats and my dad was a hunter..mostly deer and maybe caribou. He was a professional archer but for hunting he wanted quick clean kills so he always hunted with rilfe.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What is the big deal, it was a retarded bear that couldn't even walk right. If anything the guy was probably just putting it out of its misery.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lets be real, someone probably knew he was a local icon, and thought "hey bruh, watch this lulz."

#s out for Pedals?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
He was harmless and known around the neighborhood.

..Virtually every urban bear attack features local residents who say the same. Wild animals, particularly 300+ LB apex predators are never "harmless." This was not a pet. This was an injured wild animal. Allowing it to remain in a residential area was a disaster waiting to happen.

I gotta ask, those who are treating this like some jackass shot Teddy Ruxpin, have you ever seen a pissed off bear? Have you stood 50 feet from one? Have you been fishing and had one bust down into the pool 20 yards upstream from you snapping at the air to get you to move so her cubs can come down to feed? Have you been in 6' grass along a river and suddenly popped into a clearing where all the grass in a 10' circle has been pushed down and there's a foot high mound of scat with the latest offering still steaming on the top of the pile and you have no idea where that bear is? Have you ever been belly crawling towards a ridgeline to peek over it in hopes of spotting some caribou on the other side, heard a noise, and realized there is a full grown board standing on his hind legs 50 yards from you trying to peek over the scrub willows to see what you are and if you're food?

They're not pets. They're not something you want hanging around ANY neighborhood. Passing through? Sure!
Stopping at a sequence of homes to eat food people have put out for them? Oh hell no!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lice000
What is the big deal, it was a retarded bear that couldn't even walk right. If anything the guy was probably just putting it out of its misery.

Really? He appeared to ~want~ to live. Is that not ok with you?

link   
a reply to: Lice000

But he never got a chance to go to college, or learn to ride a bike or any of the other things that the normal bears get to do.

He never got to balance on that big, red ball.

Every bear deserves a chance. Except the healthy ones. Unless it wears a hat.

Bears4Justice

link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
It was a legal hunt

Case closed. Outrage is misplaced and meaningless to most logical minded individuals.

Why, because of arbitrary hunting regulations? Killing him a week earlier would be a totally different moral landscape? That's the theatre of the absurd, every animal wants to live.

Not arbitrary. Hunting seasons are usually based off of the animal's mating and rearing schedules. Killing him a week earlier may have removed him from the gene pool during the narrow window of receptive sows, not that a two legged, gimped bear would be able to fend off any challenging boars long enough to actually mate, mind you.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's like people want to take out "revenge" on an animal for not being "fit enough".

edit on 17-10-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Not really, I think bears are horrible creatures that should be hunted down an systematically destroyed. They have outlived their usefulness as a species. They really are just big dumb animals.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's like people want to take out "revenge" on an animal for not being "fit enough".

No, you're trying to project emotion into a logical situation. Square peg, round hole, it doesn't fit.

...and you doubled down with a video of a little puppy...
This wasn't about a domestic animal, friend. That bear was a wild animal, not a pet. The emotions are woefully misplaced.
edit on 17-10-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

apex predators are never "harmless." This was not a pet.

Like dogs?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Not really, I think bears are horrible creatures that should be hunted down an systematically destroyed. They have outlived their usefulness as a species. They really are just big dumb animals.

That's a tragically dated mindset, of at least 40 years.

en.wikipedia.org...(book)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_(book)

link   
You know... folks in florida, usually transplants love to feed the gators and cant understand why there are rules against it...

Then either they leave to go back home and never see the results of their handiwork... or they see it and dont understand... and it ends up getting some kid killed because of an adults stupidity.

The bear is looked kindly upon because it had not hurt anyone yet... but if it had continued to live and hit a bad stretch when it came to getting food it would have gone looking near the idiots that left food out for him, and if nothing was there it would have looked for whatever it could catch.. pets, kids, elderly... hungry predators do not distinguish between who fed them and who didnt it is food or not food.

link   

apex predators are never "harmless." This was not a pet.

Like dogs?

How many centuries of domestication has been bred into canines? On the same note, how many generations does it take for a stray dog to throw feral pups? 1? 2 if we're talking unredeemably feral?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: Lice000

But he never got a chance to go to college, or learn to ride a bike or any of the other things that the normal bears get to do.

He never got to balance on that big, red ball.

Every bear deserves a chance. Except the healthy ones. Unless it wears a hat.

Bears4Justice

#BearsLivesMatter

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That's a tragically dated mindset, of at least 40 years.

en.wikipedia.org...(book)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Liberation_(book)

I prefer this one

You are entitled to your opinion however, I resent your assertion that anyone has been on a date with my mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

That's actually responsible hunting. You remove "the weak" from the gene pool to ensure the stronger genes remain dominant and the species thrives.

That's so very generous of you.

www.nbclosangeles.com...

www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Deer-Monrovia-Buck-Arrow-Neck-397200111.html

Such a hero.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
This is why I only hunt humans, less emotional attachment.

Do you eat what you kill? Why not, meat is meat.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join