It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessica Ennis-Hill retires.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I love the lass from Sheffield she became the face of the 2012 London Olympics and got a gold there and a silver in Rio.

I just want to wish her well in retirement and I hope she doesn't disappear and does some commentating work.
I know she has inspired many people with her talent and her winning personality.

www.bbc.co.uk...

She just makes me so proud.
edit on 13-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
She got out before she could get busted for doping? Cool... what is her new profession?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Always been clean.
Been very vocal about doping also.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Always been clean.
Been very vocal about doping also.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Right.Lance Armstrong ring a bell...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If you have evidence post it....
We are proud here in the UK of our sporting accomplishments in recent years If you wish to slander her post evidence please or shhhhhhh.
I mean did you really need to come in this thread?.

Oh and Armstrong nowt to do with us lot he is your cheater.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

If you have evidence post it....
We are proud here in the UK of our sporting accomplishments in recent years If you wish to slander her post evidence please or shhhhhhh.
I mean did you really need to come in this thread?.

Whatever. You guys really think any athlete is all that? Lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Whatever yourself guess what the world doesn't revolve around what you like many millions enjoy athletics.
If you don't have anything constructive to say why bother eh?.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Whatever yourself guess what the world doesn't revolve around what you like many millions enjoy athletics.
If you don't have anything constructive to say why bother eh?.

Really? Just Google search "All athletes dope".
Even if they don't what is the fascination? Did they spend their life's curing cancer or just being able to run a little faster or jump a little higher and then what after their prime is over?.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I get it you don't like sports others do...
Like I said you brought up her doping so show me the evidence that she has please or do one.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I get it you don't like sports others do...
Like I said you brought up her doping so show me the evidence that she has please or do one.

Evidence? Wow. Praise useless athletes while the world burns.......

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

You do know we can make threads in the many forums on ATS don't you? it doesn't have to be politics all the time.
I find it funny that you obviously think this is a waste of time but continue to post in here.
Just don't open the thread again eh?.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Attention Please:

If you have no interest in posting on the topic in the OP, please move along to another thread that has a topic you are interested in.

This will be the only warning.

Do not reply to this message.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

You do know we can make threads in the many forums on ATS don't you? it doesn't have to be politics all the time.
I find it funny that you obviously think this is a waste of time but continue to post in here.

Okay, so you make a thread and disagree with a response and wig out.
What has Jessica done to progress humanity to the point you feel it is important enough to make a post about it on ATS or worship her?. Did she do some super above top secret stuff or what? Is she solving global warming? Curing cancer? Abolishing Parkinson's, eliminating diabetes? Creating free energy? Solving racial issues? Extending life expectancy? Figuring our light speed travel? Eliminating starving children across the world?
She makes you proud for what?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2

What has Jessica done to progress humanity to the point you feel it is important enough to make a post about it on ATS or worship her?. Did she do some super above top secret stuff or what? Is she solving global warming? Curing cancer? Abolishing Parkinson's, eliminating diabetes? Creating free energy? Solving racial issues? Extending life expectancy? Figuring our light speed travel? Eliminating starving children across the world?

I am not into sports at all. At all. But I get why the country is proud of her. She has worked hard her whole life to represent us in sports and she's done a damn fine job. No one is saying she is as important as Einstein or whoever cures cancer etc...what a childish argument!

She's a good person and a great role model for kids to have. I'd rather girls look up to jessica than someone like ariana grande or any of the vacuous starlets.

And as an aside, you are being a real d*ck in this thread. And for no reason. Just stop.nyou don't like sports...ok, we get it. Neither do I, but most people do. Deal with it.

What are YOU don't to advance mankind may I ask?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Orionx2

I am not into sports at all. At all. But I get why the country is proud of her. She has worked hard her whole life to represent us in sports and she's done a damn fine job. No one is saying she is as important as Einstein or whoever cures cancer etc...what a childish argument!

She's a good person and a great role model for kids to have. I'd rather girls look up to jessica than someone like ariana grande or any of the vacuous starlets.

And as an aside, you are being a real d*ck in this thread. And for no reason. Just stop.nyou don't like sports...ok, we get it. Neither do I, but most people do. Deal with it.

What are YOU don't to advance mankind may I ask?

Okay. Sports are more important than anything else. And people wonder why the world is the way it is.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Are you dim? can you only think if one thing at a time? I can think of Ennis and more important issues at the same time you obviously can't.
Again you waste your own time proving you care more about disrupting this thread than the actual words you type.
No one is saying sports are the most important thing to people as I said I have the capability to think of more then one subject.
Oh and cheers 3d.
Dick is the correct woRd.
edit on 14-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Maybe the world is like this way because it is full of douche bags eh? Look in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I am glad to see that she is intent on living a life which does not consist of waking up at ungodly hours, running about in spandex, and basically not having a life outside of sporting endeavour. While I am sure most Brits are very proud of their sporting heroes, including myself, I am also starkly aware that the sacrifices necessary to make a go of that level of sporting success, are pretty damned close to inhuman in scale.

I hope whatever she does next is more relaxing!

Well done!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yeah she has worked hard to get where she is today. I'm in Yorkshire and we go potty for her, she has done very well for herself but still is grounded married her childhood sweetheart still has her old school pals.
You are right an inspiration to kids.

new topics

top topics

join