It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phony polls: Are most of the national polls rigged?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

well explain this, you won't find this on CNN wed site, there is video from the horses mouth at the link.

A CNN/ORC poll released shortly after last night’s debate found that Hillary Clinton scored a clear victory over her rival Donald Trump. One problem – the survey sample included 41% Democrats compared to just 26% Republicans. Is anyone really all that surprised I mean it’s CNN aka the liberals go to media source, more liberals would have viewed this poll results.
CNN Pollster Explains Their Poll Is Biased, Watch Tapper and Blitzer’s Face!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

well explain this, you won't find this on CNN wed site, there is video from the horses mouth at the link.

A CNN/ORC poll released shortly after last night’s debate found that Hillary Clinton scored a clear victory over her rival Donald Trump. One problem – the survey sample included 41% Democrats compared to just 26% Republicans. Is anyone really all that surprised I mean it’s CNN aka the liberals go to media source, more liberals would have viewed this poll results.

You do realize that the goal isn't to have the same number from each political party, right?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Can y'all stop with this nonsense already? How did "unskewing" polls work out for y'all last time? When you don't learn from the past, you're deemed to repeat the same old mistakes. That's why GOP and its supporters have been left in the stone age.

It's time to accept science and math. Time to stop fighting the lost war on social issues. Stick to the meats and potatoes, and talk about the economic issues - that's where GOP's strengths lie. If y'all continue down the tried, tested, and failed road, don't be surprised at the end result.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Greggers
No, they are not rigged. What's the next topic?

The Moon is Made of Green Cheese , Discuss .

I think your topic belongs in skunk works.

My assertion that the polls are not biased, however, belongs right here.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Are the national polls rigged? Why don't they sample the same amount of republicans, democrats and independents?

Why don't they sample everyone equally?

No wonder the libertarians can't get above 10-12%. Independents are not polled as much.

It isn't rigged. If they sampled equal parts republican and democrats you always get 50%...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

You do realize that the goal isn't to have the same number from each political party, right?

then it's not a non bias poll is it?
the sampling shouldn't be one sided as the CNN/ORC poll was.

the man plainly states the poll is skewed.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Because, the legitimate polls such as rasmussen or Gallup are completely random, take into account varying factors which give areasonable +-, and show a representative of society at large. The CNN poll was conducted with their own audience that skews to the left just like fox and drudge went way right. ABCNEWS does a scientific poll as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

The CNN poll was conducted with their own audience that skews to the left just like fox and drudge went way right. ABCNEWS does a scientific poll as well.

actually every fox poll or projection i've seen, puts hillary ahead and likely winner.
just saw one today well it was yesterday now.

edit on 13-10-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Some polls are purposely skewed. LA times is an example and they have been straightforward admitting it as they are trying a new system.

AS far as other polls they do differ which is why you should look and see how well they predicted previous elections. New systems are yet unproven, but those that have been doing it for decades with success at accuracy should be paid attention to.

Last election FOX had there own poll which was so far off that Carl Rove went batty when his boy lost. It was funny to watch him lose it at the time.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I think the calls are random .
If they polled twenty dems twenty republicans and twenty independents the restults would be
33.3% each. .

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why is it green. I thought it was pretty cold in space.
It looks like it made of parmesan to me. .

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedMenace16
Polls are rigged, they're all fake, I love Donald Trump way too much and he's down in the polls so to me they're rigged, but two weeks ago when my guy Donald Trump was up in the polls they weren't fake or rigged, they were just real and I was telling everyone about Trump being up in the polls.

But 1 month ago they were rigged because Trump was down, but 2 months ago the polls were real because Trump was up, but 4 months ago they were rigged.

And in Twenty seven days we get to have rigged election day.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Pollsters are paid to be accurate.
If they produce results favorable to their employer why bother paying for a poll at all. Why not just say brand x is ahead?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: RedMenace16
Polls are rigged, they're all fake, I love Donald Trump way too much and he's down in the polls so to me they're rigged, but two weeks ago when my guy Donald Trump was up in the polls they weren't fake or rigged, they were just real and I was telling everyone about Trump being up in the polls.

But 1 month ago they were rigged because Trump was down, but 2 months ago the polls were real because Trump was up, but 4 months ago they were rigged.

And in Twenty seven days we get to have rigged election day.

Paul Ryan and John McCain are also rigged according to Trump.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why is it green. I thought it was pretty cold in space.

Well. Actually. Space has no temperature at all. Hot or cold.
It sort of depends.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It's random.
Ring ring
Hello
Hello this is Gallup can we have a moment of your time...
Yes
Did you watch the presidential debate?
Yes
Who do you think won

(In Virginia and many states you don't have to declare a party)

Next call

See how it works.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Do [the media] buy the results sight unseen and publish them?

Yes they do. Why should anyone pay for a faked poll? They could just make up the numbers themselves.

We know that there are surveys taken that are not brought up by every news organization.

I suppose you mean ‘bought up’. Most of the big media groups have long-standing associations with research firms. For example, the LA Times works together with the University of SoCal (their survey is unusual; its 5,000-member sample doesn’t change, and they tend to skew Trumpward). Because poll data is news and news outlets like to have an ‘exclusive’.

So news organizations would soon try to economize by only buying surveys they intend to use.

Then why buy surveys at all?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Greggers

then it's not a non bias poll is it?

Yes. A poll with a deliberate 50/50 Dem/Rep split would be biased, and worthless.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If they polled twenty dems twenty republicans and twenty independents the restults would be
33.3% each. .

The gallop poll shows a 32(L) / 27(R) / 40(I) split in party affiliation. Why under-sample independents?

I am not saying the gallop poll is skewed I am saying the other polls are manipulating to make Hillary look more popular than she is.

ivn.us...

This is what I am talking about.

edit on 13-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added words

edit on 13-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 13-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 13-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

33.3% each. .

The gallop poll shows a 32(L) / 27(R) / 40(I) split in party affiliation. Why under-sample independents?

I am not saying the gallop poll is skewed I am saying the other polls are manipulating to make Hillary look more popular than she is.

Or it simply could have been "luck of the draw" and/or "badly phrased question."

Now - an example of a biased poll that most of us have seen is the mailer sent around by both the big political parties. You're asked to fill out a survey (and hopefully send in a donation) but the questions are worded so that a reasonable person would find that their views matched the candidates' views (in other words, the Republican survey worded the questions so that I would agree with their platform and with Trump - which I most heartily do not.) I have not seen one from the Democratic party (here in Texas, the Republicans seem to mail anyone who ever voted in a Republican primary)but it wouldn't surprise me if it was more of the same.

But policy for the parties is often based on polls (and polls such as Pew Research.) Getting bad data would give the party the wrong idea about what the public wants. That's valueless data.

Right now, the Republicans are focused on gubernatorial and local races, having dropped efforts for Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join