It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phony polls: Are most of the national polls rigged?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Are the national polls rigged? Why don't they sample the same amount of republicans, democrats and independents?

Why don't they sample everyone equally?

No wonder the libertarians can't get above 10-12%. Independents are not polled as much.
edit on 12-10-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added words

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Are the national polls rigged? Why don't they sample the same amount of republicans, democrats and independents?

Why don't they sample everyone equally?

Politically Motivated Propaganda . PMP if you are a Textist .

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

The only commonly cited polling group that I haven't seen proven to be deceitful is GALLOP.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
No, they are not rigged. What's the next topic?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Why don't they sample the same amount of republicans, democrats and independents?

Do you honestly think there are exactly the same amount of democrats, republicans, and independents in the voting population? If Democrats naturally outnumber Republicans...why would you want to sample both equally?

Besides, the polling companies don't seek out specific party identification for their polls...they call people RANDOMLY. And each and every time they do this, more people self identify as Democrats.

So what exactly would you like the polling companies to do? Should they throw out some of the Democrats they survived to make the numbers even? Because doing that WOULD skew the results.

Here is a good read as to why the polls aren't skewed.

fivethirtyeight.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

The Moon is Made of Green Cheese , Discuss .

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
How many polled know about Alleppo?
If they poll only Gary Johnson, that number would be 0%

-Christosterone

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Greggers

The Moon is Made of Green Cheese , Discuss .

Let me see if I can make this a little more clear.

Let's use State polling for an example.

If you take a poll in Texas...there are going to be more Republicans than Democrats included in the poll.

If you take a poll in California...there are going to be more Democrats than Republicans included in the poll.

Now tell me...are those results "skewed"???
edit on 12-10-2016 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Whether the polls are Rigged, or not Rigged, they have been horribly wrong in recent national elections. I remember talking heads at FOX and CNN talking about this after 2010 and 2012. CNN guys sounded perplexed. FOX guys were glad the polls were wrong. Both concluded that people were lying to the pollsters. (If one called me, I'd tell them how wonderful Hillary would be for the country.)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In 2008 and 2012, the polls were very very good at predicting the winner for President.

Not sure where you got that they weren't.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Did someone once say: that 87.54% of statistics, on the internet, were about 48% totally invented?
How would this apply to a supposed poll?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Polls are rigged, they're all fake, I love Donald Trump way too much and he's down in the polls so to me they're rigged, but two weeks ago when my guy Donald Trump was up in the polls they weren't fake or rigged, they were just real and I was telling everyone about Trump being up in the polls.

But 1 month ago they were rigged because Trump was down, but 2 months ago the polls were real because Trump was up, but 4 months ago they were rigged.
edit on 12-10-2016 by RedMenace16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: carewemust

In 2008 and 2012, the polls were very very good at predicting the winner for President.

Not sure where you got that they weren't.

42% identify as independents, 29% as Democrats, 26% as Republicans

www.gallup.com...

Sept 14-18 / 2016 Republican 27% / Independents 40% / Democrats 32%

www.gallup.com...

The two party cartel is obsolete.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In short - all polls are "rigged" by the pollsters - all pollsters are "biased", that is they have objective results to achieve.

Pollsters are generally paid to produce results that are favorable to their employer.

Media polls are exceedingly biased towards their subscribers - I've found this in newspaper polls frequently. Say the WSJ polls their readership - you're going to get a cross section of politics - but you're ONLY going to have a population of financial/investor/business folks to poll. Your average Walmart shopper doesn't read WSJ.

Political polls just require that one sample a "known" population - like the Dems want to show who won whatever debate, so their pollsters call up folks who voted in Democratic primaries. Here in Tejas, that information is in the voting history records, not who you voted for, but what elections you voted in, including local & primary ones.

So, it's assumed that the pollster is going to use a random sampling method. This doesn't mean that the population is unknown, just that the polling method is random.

The purpose of polling is NOT to discover the probable outcome; the purpose of polling is to influence an outcome by providing a "pre-conceived" perception to the public. In politics, polling = propaganda.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think Trump supporters are making up excuses for the massive loss he will suffer.
They cheated etc when the fact will be he will lose because he wants to.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Imagine this:

You want to start a polling company, like Gallup. You want to be honest, forthright, impartial, unbiased, all that good stuff.

So what do you do? Maybe think of a question, ask as random a sample as you can get, and tabulate the responses.

Then what? Do you call CNN and other media outlets and say, "Hey, I took this survey, you want it?" Do you give them the results for free? If so, how do you survive? Do they buy the results sight unseen and publish them? I think we can rule this out. We know that there are surveys taken that are not brought up by every news organization. You might see it on FOX, but not MSNBC, or vice versa. So news organizations would soon try to economize by only buying surveys they intend to use. Like any other business, you need to produce a product your customers will buy.

Call me cynical, but these polling companies are not run by monks and nuns. They want to make a profit like anyone else, and that means producing a product that is in demand to their customers. Their customers are not the American people, their customers are the people putting money in their pockets.

I tend to be suspicious of any poll.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

good point.

Makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
In short - all polls are "rigged" by the pollsters - all pollsters are "biased", that is they have objective results to achieve.

Pollsters are generally paid to produce results that are favorable to their employer.

That is ridiculous. The people hiring the pollsters want the truth so they can come up with strategies to better help whatever their goals are.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Oh, I don't know, maybe some of them are:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Excuse the quality, they can be manipulated easily

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join