It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, Talk Me off the Ledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Donald Trumps "conversation" with Billy Bush 11 years ago has caused a crisis of conscience for me...

-----------------Disclaimer so as not to hear the "glass house" argument:

I am married to the same woman I fell in love with many many years ago...and never will break that promise

I do not drink, smoke, curse or engage in ANY amoral behavior EVER...perhaps as a child I may have once or twice participated in locker room banter but the idiocy of youth excuses those mistakes...
My morality exists not because a magic being in the sky tells me to do so but because my ethos dictates abstinence from gluttony..
My better half enjoys wine and I enjoy buying it for her…however its not right for me personally...

---------------------End of Disclaimer

I would never associate with a home wrecking pervert nor would I want him to helm the greatest society high West has ever produced..

My respect for the institution of marriage is paramount in my life and feel many of societies ills can be traced back to the breakdown of families(meaning 2 person partnerships in whatever form that takes)

Trump discussing the most despicable behaviors such as bragging about hitting on a married woman is something I cannot come to grips with...

Donald Trump was 60 years old when this tape was made...

I'm asking my fellow conservatives for their thoughts...I don't want to hear progressives spiking the football because I know well what he said and the despicable nature of its depravity…
If you have something to add constructive I welcome it because, as I said before, I am at a crisis point and appreciate the thoughtfulness of members of this site...

“I did try and f--- her. She was married,” Trump says. Trump continues: “And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, ‘I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture.’”

“I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married,” Trump says. “Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look.”

“I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” Trump says. “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says.

“You can do anything.” “Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s.

“Grab them by the pu$$y,” Trump says.
“You can do anything.”

-Chris
edit on 8-10-2016 by Christosterone because: iPad speech to text cannot understand my accent

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I don't think this is going to help much (sorry), but wasn't he also married to Melania during the time that he was talking this trash? I'm guessing when the deed was done (the crap he was talking about) was before he was married (I hope), but I'm thinking his wife and daughter were part of the reason that he even apologized.

I already knew he talked like that at times - he's been on the Howard Stern show before.

Not very presidential though.....

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
There is no morality in leadership today, maybe there never was. I have a feeling it has existed but has been rare. Most people in positions of power don't get there through virtue, and that kind of prestige doesn't lend itself to contentious men or women.

That said, I feel we've reached a special level of depravity in the upper echelons, and, by comparison, this is not that bad. I can't vote for the man, but not because he's a philanderer. I can't vote for the woman, but not because her husband has his own history, and her a history of intimidation in association with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Honest question and no trolling

Did you ask your wife out first? If so why? Because you found her physically attractive and wanted to get to know her pbysicallybetter?

If she initiated your relationship, you the no it was because she wanted to know you physically better

Relationships are all about reproducing, the underlying evolution is mating pairs. Just because trump verbalized what happens, is it really a big deal?

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Trump was an ass. He said some things that were not nice.

The whole world is now pissing themselves in a collective hysteria over it.

I thought it was nothing at first, but then I took some time, watched different news outlets and read some different sites.

My conclusion? We now live in some snowflake universe where ribald talk is now considered worse than lying to congress or killing embassy staff in Benghazi.

This will probably hurt/damage the Trump campaign. It was a brilliant strategy on the part of the Hillary campaign to release it when she is under so much scrutiny. The media will ignore her lies and focus on this.

Our society has been so engineered to be such sensitive little sissies that his words will have more of an impact than Hillary's actions.

So it is likely that Hillary will become president.

But don't worry.

We'll be blamed for that as well. Because these whiny asses who voted and support her will refuse to take responsibility and instead, blame us for not providing a better candidate.

I will never acknowledge Hillary as president. She is vile and corrupt and will be far worse than any of us can ever imagine.

But Trump said nasty things so we must have faux outrage and be sensitive little sissies over it.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm asking my fellow conservatives for their thoughts...I don't want to hear progressives spiking the football because I know well what he said and the despicable nature of its depravity…
If you have something to add constructive I welcome it because, as I said before, I am at a crisis point and appreciate the thoughtfulness of members of this site...

If this is taking you to a crisis point, you're not a "fellow conservative", you're looking for a reason to undermine Trump whilst pretending to be on his side - cf Marc Anthony's "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" speech.

If it helps to salve your moral conscience, consider it thusly:

Hillary is married to a man who has multiple affairs, while she herself had a daughter with a different man (Web Hubble is Chelsea's father) and has had an ongoing lesbian relationship with people including Huma Abedin (who is also married to someone else, who was famous for sending pictures of his penis to numerous women).

Trump... talked about being a self-proclaimed stud during some private banter, then acted like a gentleman when a woman was actually present.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Those are rumors being spread as fact. Do you also consider the rumors of Trump raping an underage girl as fact..or is your belief in rumors selective?
edit on 8-10-2016 by bigdaddycruel6699 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

My conclusion? We now live in some snowflake universe where ribald talk is now considered worse than lying to congress or killing embassy staff in Benghazi.

Exactly. Destroying nations, free pass. Locker room banter, high crimes and treason.

I

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Greetings-

Welcome to "Presidential Erection-2016" In most cases the males who talk the biggest games are the one who either can't get it up anymore OR they can only after an ED med or 3...

I've interviewed sex registrants that had more respect for the fairer secks...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

while she herself had a daughter with a different man (Web Hubble is Chelsea's father) and has had an ongoing lesbian relationship with people including Huma Abedin

I don't think using examples that have never been proven, probably completely made up, is helpful.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't know how to reconcile this behavior in my brain…
I am a born and rather Texan and as such my sensibilities are derived from that experience…

But my wife and I are obsessed with Broadway and go to New York about every eight or nine weeks and see you around seven shows in five nights per trip...

I well understand the New York mind because as we have spent years there over the course of the last 15 years...
So simply because he is possessed of different sensibilities born of his NY experiences i cannot get over this...

There is no way to define this any other way than despicable no matter how one relativizes the behavior...

I am at an absolute loss and my disappointment is profound..

It stands to reason I was not aware he was on Howard Stern and perhaps he has always been a pervert who tends towards home rocking but I'm just finding out about this today...

I am a Ben Carson supporter and can only imagine his disgust at this revelation...

I sadly long for the president to be the best, to be the shining light we all aspire to be…
Not somebody who discusses grabbing a woman's genitalia allowed by his celebrity status...

And hitting on married women is utterly bereft of morality and indicative of a personality flaw…
A personality flaw so depraved I know not how to proceed...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You will never have a president that measures up to your moral standards.
Vote for the person that you think will direct the country in a way you feel is best.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

And that person will be Clinton. Horrible, yes but to vote for a man that has proven time and time again to only have his own best interest over and over again...would be wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

No one is perfect. No one in the world never makes mistakes, says the wrong thing, does something wrong.

If everyone in the world had a mic and camera that followed them around 24/7, there would be plenty of things that people would see and hear that would give them issues.

It won't mater who you pick, there will be dirt on them in some form.

If Mother Teresa, Gandhi, or Martin Luther King were running for office, someone would find some dirt on them, and use it to the max to try and tear them down, and they would find something. Everyone has skeletons in their closet.

That's all this election has been about: tearing down the opposition.

Forget trying to show how good of a job you can do, and what you can do for the people and the country. That's not what it's about.

It's about who can rip apart their opponent better, and who the media wants us to elect.

The days of Who The People want are over, and have been over for a while now. For quite a long time it's been about who those that control the media and have the money to influence things want.

Not want you and I (the people) want.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Vote for the person that you think will direct the country in a way you feel is best.

^^^^^This.

I don't like the fact that Trump is FOR the no-fly/no-buy thing. that and "stop and frisk".

That disturbs me more than some off-color remarks made 11 years ago.

But even with all this, he is still a better alternative than Hillary.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I am not a puritan...just a moralist

Condoleeza Rice
Mitt Romney
Ben Carson
Trey Gowdy
Sheriff David Clarke
John McCain
Dick Cheney
Mike Pence
Jeb Bush
Marco Rubio
Jason Chaffetz

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

as I said before, I am at a crisis point

So if you life is so perfect where is this crisis coming from? Trump's having that much an effect on you?
You Americans are so funny; what do you expect 2 clone armies (Dems/Reps) to goose step into the polling booths?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Go with what your heart (intuition, instincts) tells you is right.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

If this is taking you to a crisis point, you're not a "fellow conservative", you're looking for a reason to undermine Trump whilst pretending to be on his side - cf Marc Anthony's "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him" speech.

If it helps to salve your moral conscience, consider it thusly:

Hillary is married to a man who has multiple affairs, while she herself had a daughter with a different man (Web Hubble is Chelsea's father) and has had an ongoing lesbian relationship with people including Huma Abedin (who is also married to someone else, who was famous for sending pictures of his penis to numerous women).

Trump... talked about being a self-proclaimed stud during some private banter, then acted like a gentleman when a woman was actually present.

What does Hillary have to do with this thread?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigdaddycruel6699
a reply to: Bluntone22

And that person will be Clinton. Horrible, yes but to vote for a man that has proven time and time again to only have his own best interest over and over again...would be wrong.

You know what they say about opinions?

We all need to look in the mirror and make a choice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join