It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives, Talk Me off the Ledge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Annee

- but, how do you trust such a blatant, lying, hypocrite?

Wow. Do you even hear yourself?

Oh, I expected the likes of you.

Yes, I am fully aware of exactly what I said.

Do I think it applies to the opposition? NO!

DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD

edit on 8-10-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I wanted to add, Trump recently became a born again Christian

Wow, I didn't know that. The cynic in me had to find out and low and behold he's also conveniently attached himself to Jews.
Why would a Presbyterian have a "Paul on the Road to Damascus" conversion moment - not about the Pente vote...nah

en.wikipedia.org...

Trump is a Presbyterian....

Trump has ties to the Jewish-American community.[496] At an Algemeiner Journal awards ceremony honoring him with the Algemeiner Liberty Award, he was asked about having Jewish grandchildren. In reference to daughter Ivanka, who converted to Judaism before her marriage to Jared Kushner, Trump said: "Not only do I have Jewish grandchildren, I have a Jewish daughter; and I am very honored by that ... it wasn't in the plan but I am very glad it happened."[497]

What religion/faith have we overlooked, I'm sure we'll find him affiliated in some way.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

D/P

PC playing up - I think 1 of you posters are targeting my PC - hehehe - hang on - must be my RAM.
edit on 8-10-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: Dp

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It's not that hard to be a decent person. No matter how fast and furious I dated, when I was younger, I never stooped to that level of talking publicly about women like that. It's not that hard to be a decent human being. Trump is not a decent human being, neither is Hillary.

The choice has always been clear. Don't vote for either of those two jerks. If you're conservative you have Libertarian and Constitution party and if you're liberal you have Green party. There are many more choices too.

If everyone voted third party, a third party would win.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I don't believe that to be the case.

The electoral College elects presidents. Not us. We only suggest who we prefer. They can either listen or not.

The system has been rigged to favor two parties. It'll take more than just a popular vote to eliminate it.

My opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I am guessing you are a moral person who does not want to impose on others. Usually talk like yours lead to social conservatives which is not palatable to the electorate. They waste all their political capital on abortion, gay rights, and preaching jesus. They could have made change but they squander it.

If you want to save this culture you are talking about, vote trump. If you want to uphold your high moral standings and no drug use, then stay home, there is no candidate for you.
Gary Johnson owned a weed company so I am guessing he would also be out for you.
Open borders will destroy this morality culture so Johnson and Stein out there as well, and Hillary see leaked documents advocating open borders.

edit on 8-10-2016 by jellyrev because: Im dumb

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't believe that to be the case.

The electoral College elects presidents. Not us. We only suggest who we prefer. They can either listen or not.

The system has been rigged to favor two parties. It'll take more than just a popular vote to eliminate it.

My opinion.

But if there was a clear popular vote for president say for Jill Stein and the Electoral college voted for Clinton, there might be revolution.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Simply put:

Trump is a despicable piece of #.....but he is still miles better than Hillary at this point.

Trump will likely be the worse president in US history but the USA will still have a history.

Clinton wont be the the worst president of anything as we will all be dead in ww3 qnd no one will be left to write any history.
edit on 8-10-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

No revolution. We've become too complacent. We watch the tv to tell us what opinions to have and how we are supposed to feel.

Hungry people revolt.
Angry people revolt.

We are neither of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

You would do well to study history by reading nonfiction books as opposed to the progressivist rewriting of history which is obtuse fiction.

How dare you! Rewriting? Progressive? What does that have to do with murder? You must be living under a rock.

As one who watched it unfold in front of our eyes in 1970 in Australia the massacre of protesting unarmed students at Kent State Uni (US involvement in Cambodia) . ( We are a part of ANZUS and we had National Service and we stood a chance of being called up to fight the USAs dirty war in Vietnam) was a real threat to myself and others in my age group

Have you understood that? Our idiotic leaders have sent us (Australian's) to fight your futile wars, when other nations didn't want to have anything to do with it

As to illiterate - I think you probably first heard of Australia when the "coalition of the willing" was set up post 911.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

No revolution. We've become too complacent. We watch the tv to tell us what opinions to have and how we are supposed to feel.

Hungry people revolt.
Angry people revolt.

We are neither of them.

You are correct of course, but still more votes for third party means more power for them and eventually we'll have more independents and third party in congress, state assembly and more. We'll get there. Nothing worth having is easy or quick.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am a man of values and virtues as well. I can dismiss Trump's statements as locker room banter. This country has slipped so far to the left, wouldnt it be something, if a heathenistic fool helped drag this country back to the right? Credo and codes are dead... but I believe that an immoral businessman, greatly pressed by his own ego and narsacistic nature, might begin to bring back traditional values. Perhaps he is a Trojan Horse, but atleast he is no commie... I see my country benifiting from his presidency regardless if he brings back the traditions of a fonder time

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you for that response...I have always found you level headed and calling a spade a spade. You aren't directly responsible for these war pigs actions - I am talking about the great sea change that needs to happen with foreign policy of both the US and Aust.

When its there in black & white what US policy was going to be prior to 911 - I can't understand even after the secret hearings of the 911 commissions and redacted pages - people are still in denial that they are being played.

Project for the New American Century
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Honest question and no trolling

Did you ask your wife out first? If so why? Because you found her physically attractive and wanted to get to know her pbysicallybetter?

If she initiated your relationship, you the no it was because she wanted to know you physically better

Relationships are all about reproducing, the underlying evolution is mating pairs. Just because trump verbalized what happens, is it really a big deal?
lol this can't be real.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
No matter how fast and furious I dated, when I was younger, I never stooped to that level of talking publicly about women like that.

Neither did he. It was a private conversation that was being recorded. In public a few minutes later he acted with the expected decorum.

I find it hilarious to watch the desperate scramble for the moral high ground and the outpouring of fake prudish outrage.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I always cringe when people make threads listing their virtues and moral credentials as if anyone gave a damn.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I am guessing you are a moral person who does not want to impose on others. Usually talk like yours lead to social conservatives which is not palatable to the electorate. They waste all their political capital on abortion, gay rights, and preaching jesus. They could have made change but they squander it.

If you want to save this culture you are talking about, vote trump. If you want to uphold your high moral standings and no drug use, then stay home, there is no candidate for you.
Gary Johnson owned a weed company so I am guessing he would also be out for you.
Open borders will destroy this morality culture so Johnson and Stein out there as well, and Hillary see leaked documents advocating open borders.

I don't find drinking or pot use to be a moral issue…especially marijuana which is IMHO on par with spirits…

I suppose I could've worded it better so as to better explain where I was coming from…
It was not a position of moral superiority, it was simply to give context...

It's disappoint this election has turned into a zero-sum equation where I am essentially picking the least morally bankrupt individual…

-Chris
edit on 8-10-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: thinline
Honest question and no trolling

Did you ask your wife out first? If so why? Because you found her physically attractive and wanted to get to know her pbysicallybetter?

If she initiated your relationship, you the no it was because she wanted to know you physically better

Relationships are all about reproducing, the underlying evolution is mating pairs. Just because trump verbalized what happens, is it really a big deal?
lol this can't be real.

Perfectly real. I asked my wife out because she was hot and I wanted to have lots of sex with her. I mean, lots. 3, maybe even a whole 5 minutes of it. Perhaps even more if I could have a quick nap in between.

Entirely coincidentally she also turned out to be an amazing person. I would never have discovered that, if not for her fantastic pair of knockers.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

would simply make me a footnote in some police blotter as a nut who went "crazy".

I know it was only a movie but if you've seen it you would understand -
Robert De Niro ironically criticized Trump at the 40th anniversary of Taxi Driver

edit on 8-10-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Trump was an ass. He said some things that were not nice.

The whole world is now pissing themselves in a collective hysteria over it.

I thought it was nothing at first, but then I took some time, watched different news outlets and read some different sites.

My conclusion? We now live in some snowflake universe where ribald talk is now considered worse than lying to congress or killing embassy staff in Benghazi.

This will probably hurt/damage the Trump campaign. It was a brilliant strategy on the part of the Hillary campaign to release it when she is under so much scrutiny. The media will ignore her lies and focus on this.

Our society has been so engineered to be such sensitive little sissies that his words will have more of an impact than Hillary's actions.

So it is likely that Hillary will become president.

But don't worry.

We'll be blamed for that as well. Because these whiny asses who voted and support her will refuse to take responsibility and instead, blame us for not providing a better candidate.

I will never acknowledge Hillary as president. She is vile and corrupt and will be far worse than any of us can ever imagine.

But Trump said nasty things so we must have faux outrage and be sensitive little sissies over it.

It's ridiculous.

The problem with Hillary's scandals is that they have a lot of moving parts, are difficult for the average voter to fully understand, and are therefore very easy to dismiss as propaganda, especially when she never gets charged with anything. Not getting charged on some of these things requires an honest-to-goodness conspiracy, which are seldom easy to sell.

Trump's scandals are simple enough for even the simplest mind to understand, and we have hundreds of hours of footage of him behaving like an ass in one way or another, and people have a very visceral reaction to it: "I don't want that representing my country."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join