It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Conservatives, Talk Me off the Ledge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm asking my fellow conservatives for their thoughts...I don't want to hear progressives spiking the football because I know well what he said and the despicable nature of its depravity…
If you have something to add constructive I welcome it because, as I said before, I am at a crisis point and appreciate the thoughtfulness of members of this site...

while she herself had a daughter with a different man (Web Hubble is Chelsea's father) and has had an ongoing lesbian relationship with people including Huma Abedin

I don't think using examples that have never been proven, probably completely made up, is helpful.

But if we don't, that will leave the Clinton campaign without anything to say at all. I'm trying to be fair to both sides here.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Christosterone

as I said before, I am at a crisis point

So if you life is so perfect where is this crisis coming from? Trump's having that much an effect on you?
You Americans are so funny; what do you expect 2 clone armies (Dems/Reps) to goose step into the polling booths?

My crisis derives from a sense of caring for thetThe greatest country the Homo sapien species has ever produced…

Manifested from ideals born a brilliant men who abhorre the oppression of the Worlds imperial kingdoms...

They foresaw the new republic as helmed by men who lead out of the sense of duty and honor, not the inherent narcissism of nobility...

And this fledgling republic see the greatest civilization rise and take its rightful place atop the social Darwinism ladder of the world…

And my love for America instills in me a great ownership of its direction…
We vote to have a voice and one should take the responsibility very seriously...

I do not dismiss this power afforded me as a child would dismiss such a high honor...

Your opinion is of no consequence to me because it is born of a cynical, aloof sense of entitlement inherent to apathetic progressivism...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Come down off your high horse and stop expecting everyone else to live up to your moral code. If we are going to hold Trump responsible for ribald talk all those years ago, then we need to hold You accountable for your locker room humor. Apparently, time is not a factor here, or age, so "mistakes of your youth" don't apply. You are as guilty as he is, by your standards.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I am not a puritan...just a moralist

And yet you put those warmongers Bush and Cheney in the list - hahaha - selective morality

This is getting good....think I'll grab some popcorn
Better than grabbing another mans wife - I mean in the USA she could be a man/transgender!!!

Whats not so funny is that you people and your leaders have caused the death of millions in the last 50 years. starting with your piuppet regimes in Chile, Iran

and you dare use the word "moral"
edit on 8-10-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

"locker room humor"? talking about molesting a woman is " locker room humor" to you?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I am not a puritan...just a moralist

And yet you put those warmongers Bush and Cheney in the list - hahaha - selective morality

This is getting good....think I'll grab some popcorn
Better than grabbing another mans wife - I mean in the USA she could be a man/transgender!!!

Whats not so funny is that you people and your leaders have caused the death of millions in the last 50 years. starting with your piuppet regimes in Chile, Iran

and you dare use the word "moral"

Jen Bush is a warmonger?
With whom did Florida go to war?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me...

-Chris
edit on 8-10-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

"Moral" is in the eye of the beholder.

We should all strive to live a moral life and not emulate what our feckless leaders do in an attempt to imitate their version of morality.

I can guarantee that if we tried to live our lives in the same "morality" as our weak leaders, we'd all be in prison.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If your morals were so firm and part of your being, you wouldn't need to seek council. You would be appalled and make a decision accordingly.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Come down off your high horse and stop expecting everyone else to live up to your moral code. If we are going to hold Trump responsible for ribald talk all those years ago, then we need to hold You accountable for your locker room humor. Apparently, time is not a factor here, or age, so "mistakes of your youth" don't apply. You are as guilty as he is, by your standards.

Do you truly consider being disgusted by somebody who brags about hitting a married woman and trying to bang them and touch them and their genitalia to be "on a high horse"???

Seriously, do you really consider it a "high horse" position to be disgusted by these comments???

The reason I discussed my own feelings on marriage is to give context to my disgust…

Prior to this morning I was a strong supporter of Donald Trump...at present I am experiencing a crisis regarding this support...
This the thread

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My crisis derives from a sense of caring for the greatest country the Homo sapien species has ever produced…

😂😂😂

Oh dear....maybe once, but not for the last few years...those outside of the states have been seeing the crumbling infrastructure, the crumbling morality, crumbling education system, the corruption in government, the military industrial complex.....

Now there's 2 senior citizens running for the highest office position, and they're both very corrupt.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Instead of looking at this under a "moral" filter, try looking at it as a triage event.

We're stuck with 2 choices. Regardless what people say.

We need to do what is best for the patient(s). We need to make a decision that will benefit the patient(s).

We need to look at making the right decision that will increase chances of surviving.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

"Moral" is in the eye of the beholder.

We should all strive to live a moral life and not emulate what our feckless leaders do in an attempt to imitate their version of morality.

I can guarantee that if we tried to live our lives in the same "morality" as our weak leaders, we'd all be in prison.

Sadly I now agree with you…
Here to now I have been the consummate idealist…

Based on this thread I now understand mine to be an archaic position as the winds have clearly changed...

You remain one of, if not exclusively, my favorite poster on the site(along with Phage)...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I am aware of how painful it is to consider voting for someone who is by all accounts immoral if not amoral. We rarely know the real state of the heart of politicians. That being said you do have the option of voting for Gary Johnson (or Jill Stein). I think the calculus must include weighing all of Trump's defects and moral failures against both Clintons as Hillary and Bill will both be in the White House if she is elected.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You don't need to be talked of the ledge. Just do what your conscience and your beliefs tell you to do.

Many people in this election are facing the same moral dilemma.

What it boils down to is do you put party over family and country and your own strong moral center?

You already have the answer.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Thank you.

We need to hold to our own moral codes, but even then, we shouldn't force others to live by our standards, should we?

Think triage, not morality.

Be proud of staying true to your moral compass, but be rational when making a decision.

(in my opinion)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

I am aware of how painful it is to consider voting for someone who is by all accounts immoral if not amoral. We rarely know the real state of the heart of politicians. That being said you do have the option of voting for Gary Johnson (or Jill Stein). I think the calculus must include weighing all of Trump's defects and moral failures against both Clintons as Hillary and Bill will both be in the White House if she is elected.

Thank you for your thoughtful post...it is perfect and every word measured exquisitely..

-Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I know how you feel, but every time I judge someone, I realize my own mistakes throughout the years.

He who is without sin cast the first stone, there were many flawed leaders, the Bible says God raises up kings and kingdoms and tears them down.

Hillary has shown her true colors as a world leader, maybe Trump does want what is best for the country, there is only one way to find out.

pbs.twimg.com...

Either way It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

Whoever is chosen it will not be our choice, but a means to the END.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Why do you need talked off a ledge? If his words are too vile in your opinion, simply don't vote for the man. Just simply leave the presidential spot blank. It's that easy.

Are you going to vote for Clinton because of Trumps actions? Maybe Johnson? If you're willing to vote for someone else, you were never behind Trump, IMO. These new revelations are just a convenient excuse for you to not support him anymore. Because if you've been paying attention in the least, you'd know he has been saying mean and unsavory things his entire life.

As a Christian, I'm not perfect and I can except that. Trump is not perfect and I except that too. In my opinion, he's the best choice we have currently and I'll be voting for him and his faults. "It is what it is"...

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Trump and Hillary are both demons.
Hillary is unwilling to change and her crimes include third degree murder, being a tireless political snake and probably worse.
Trump might be trying to change and his crimes include being a liar, a braggart, chasing wealth and generally being a fool.
What's further, we ought to look at what this banter actually shows about Trump. Not just the surface appearance like he thinks lowly of women. It rather betrays that he is afraid that he is a weak man, and in the presence of another man, felt like it would make him feel good to degrade women and brag. This shows a human weakness.
Let yourself think of your own behavior 10 years ago and reflect on how you have changed.
Unfortunately the bottom line is that a vote cast for either candidate this year is a vote in the wrong direction for our country.
If I had to choose the lesser of the demons it would be Trump because he still retains some humanity and seems like he might be trying to become a better person.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I wanted to add, Trump recently became a born again Christian, so that is something to take into consideration.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join