It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus is God's Son...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

I would prefer truth to comfort anyday.

Pinocchio is Italian so is Malocchio it means ''Evil Eye" like the Ayin HaRa of Kabbalah which was actually popular in Italy and many Jews went there after the expulsion from Spain.

Of course an Italian actually could cause someone's death with one look but not the way the Occultists would. Italy is kind of an occult hot spot though and extremely superstitious.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio Just a couple of points you might wish to consider if you are interested in the truth.

First of all you have to re-adjust your entire thought process when it comes to the bible. Why you ask? Because the BIBLE, unlike other written texts is figuratively Part of the MIND of GOD reduced to text, so it is composed of all spiritual concepts, and thoughts reduced to very very inadequate language to convey such.

Secondly, it was not written in English, so one must go back to the origins of the languages it was written in to get a real grip on the underlying concepts that are being put forth.

Thirdly, no one verse or chapter or book of the Bible stands alone, it is a multi integrated, highly complex, messaging system that is only revealed to those who wish in their heart of hearts to know the truth of what it contains.

Now if you want to really know the answer to your question, you must first pose the right question, to get the right answer, other wise it is like asking something like this. How tall is water?

Having said that, the right question would be what is the Hebrew word for SON, and what does it mean?

It is transliterated "Ben" and it means "your own flesh and blood"

SO what that actual phrase "the son of God" means is this, The Flesh of GOD.

That explains so much when you think about it in depth, that I can't even scratch the surface of it here.

"His only begotten son" Simply put means that He gets one shot at His spirit being given a chance to dwell here in time in a fleshly being! No different than you or I, one chance to live, die, and be judged.

"Son of God" simply means God's own flesh and blood.

If this in any way intrigues you there is so much more to the story, but it requires a true heart to want to know the truth about God, and not just a carnal ability to argue about text.

I pray sincerely that you want to know the truth about Jesus, Yeashua....

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Malocchio

god in the flesh basically the interpretation varies but the message remains the same

at least we have tons of atheists here to clear that up for everyone

"Tons of atheists" is a stretch, you left the fourth or fifth message and any one of those comments before your's could have been a Christian. Christians aren't always gullible to the extreme and can comfortably doubt without panicking about hellfire.

And just because a person isn't Christian doesn't make them atheist in any way whatsoever. Atheist is total disbelief in God or gods of any kind and there are plenty of non Christian religions with Gods or that worship God.

Some Christians would be smart to listen and learn the atheist perspective.

I have no idea what ''God" is or isn't but I like mythology, and that is what religion is, corporate mythology.

But if you want to say Jesus is truly God's Son and God and like some Christians says the Creator, and was a human and all that you should not be shocked when atheists mock those beliefs.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Malocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Malocchio The answer is found in John 1

John 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Your "answer" causes more questions.

Word is Logos in Greek, but also Reason and was first used as a term for the Creative Power of the Hebrew God was Philo of Alexandria who likewise compares Melchizedek to the Logos as High Priest of the Most High God.

He died in 50 AD. So that means that Philo was obviously the ''inspiration" for your little ''answer." Stoic philosophy and Platonic philosophy also believed in the Logos so why does a renowned Apostle like John need to borrow Platonic philosophy in the form of Philo of Alexandria?

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

He is God.

He also states elsewhwere the " Now that you have seen me, you have seen the Father.
And " I and the Father are one"

Transfiguration shows omnipotence.
Worship by Angels shows his authority
Walking on water and lifting into the clouds shows his power over natural laws.
Commanding the sea with results also shows authority

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408 "So Christians don't believe he is the literal Son of God, or a literal manifestation of God, to literally save us all, from literal Sin.

Mental gymnastics at its finest. "

IMO most do! Which would IMO be an ignorant or inaccurate belief!

He is literally the "Ben" Hebrew for "Son", of God, but He is not God's little boy! He is God's own flesh and blood, or in other words He is God come in the flesh to reveal himself to mankind.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio It's just bad metaphor taken literally. You got it right, it's one complicated allegory of the universe, which peoples made in their own image.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Made in his image does not imply nor refer to humanoid aspects.
It is a flag. And if you are made... it is in the image of the flag you belong to. Powerful stuff, dudes.
They usually stand for everything. Get use to it. Its going nowhere anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A long time ago the ancient people knew that no one could own the Sun. They also knew that without the Sun life on earth would not be possible.

Since no one can own the Sun, they said it was Gods Sun. They knew Gods Sun made life possible for Earth.

This is why Christians say Gods only Sun gives his life for us. He is the risen savior, the Light of the world, the savior from darkness. The sun turns water into wine, the sun feeds the masses with two fish (because the sun rises beneath the constellation pisces), the sun heals the sick, the sun makes the blind see (when its dark your blind). The sun stops moving on the winter solstice on december 21st, 3 days later it starts it accession back summer solstice.

Further more the word for Sun in latin is Jes, pronounced yes. This is where the Jesus comes from.

Christians either are completely ignorant to this symbolism or they are in denial because they don't want to admit they have been conned.
edit on 7-10-2016 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PinocchioIMO made in His Image simply means "Body or flesh, spirit, and soul" It isn't complicated, but it is only understood if you see it through spiritual eyes!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha Some are not ignorant, they just know the difference between Hebrew, Greek, Egyptian, and the thoughts contained therein.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Malocchio"I don't believe that Christianity concurs. " That is the most ignorant statement I have ever witnessed!

If you choose to know the truth and do your research, then you will find out that the term Christian, simply means a possession of Christ!

I for one am one! And your ignorance on the subject doesn't in any way have an effect on reality, but simply on your own ignorance of the facts of the matter!

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I'm pretty sure that the Latin word for sun is ''sol" not "jes."

But Christ is the sun, that much is true. They even have the same holiday.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: trobert
a reply to: Malocchio"I don't believe that Christianity concurs. " That is the most ignorant statement I have ever witnessed!

Wow, you don't get out much I guess.

Saying that it's the ''most ignorant statement I have ever witnessed!" is the most ignorant statement I have ever witnessed.

Mostly because my "ignorant statement" was factually correct, Christianity does not concur with you and literally believes he is God's Son.

If you choose to know the truth and do your research, then you will find out that the term Christian, simply means a possession of Christ!

I for one am one! And your ignorance on the subject doesn't in any way have an effect on reality, but simply on your own ignorance of the facts of the matter!

You don't so much as make points as just assemble partially random words and hope for the best, huh?

And you say I made an ignorant statement because I didn't bow to your"intellectual supremacy"

Well it would have helped you if you knew the difference between Logos and the English word, Word.

Profound difference to say the least and your frustration from lack of factual knowledge emerges in intellectually false accusations of ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: Woodcarver

Why are you here to troll the religious forums? no.one cares about your.opinion about religion

and I'm atheist btw getting more difficult everyday to claim that label
I don't care about your opinion of my opinion, so i guess we're even.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

SnF

The church got a few things wrong.

God said Let there be "Light". The Logo/Word of God, The Son, The Holy Spirit, The Creation itself.

Accordig to the texts Jesus Christ is the Physical Creation, and the Spirt of Creation.

His two names are a charteristic of his dual nature. Jesus is the physical creation / Christ is the spiritual creation, The Holy Spirit.

The Spirt of Creation / Holy Spirit came and told us his father intended to produce the Spirt of Love in all men. That he himself would be sent by his father to anyone who sought him.

We are all a part of the One Creation/Son and He/The Creation is both physically and spiritually a part of us.

This is why Jesus said why do you call me good, only the father is good.

Although Jesus is the perfect Holy Spirit he acknowledged his insignificance outside of doing what the father willed of him. Confirming that he has the same freewill that we do, but he choose never to use his freewill in disobedience to his father's commands.

Although he is our Lord, he is only doing what his father directs him to do. Thus he humbles himself in front of our father like a brother not like our King, even though the kingdom rightly belongs to itself.

edit on 7-10-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Jesus is not a symbol for an individual - Jesus 'the son of God' is what is appearing - what is appearing is the light - it appears as sensation.
But words and thoughts speak and tell stories - stories about other times and places which do not exist.
This that is here is the son of God. But it is easy to get lost in stories or believe that God or the son of God is somewhere or some when else.

SUN AS GOD; enlightenment (it also warms the skin).

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Requires a good Son Block.

edit on 7-10-2016 by vethumanbeing because: ad placement

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malocchio
And if God has a Son well he must have a wife, right? In order to make a son you first need to have sex , does God have sex?

A similar argument is made in the Quran:

Information regarding the rest of the OP:

Son(s) of God: Insight, Volume 2:

The expression “Son of God” primarily identifies Christ Jesus. Others referred to as “son(s) of God” include intelligent spirit creatures produced by God, the man Adam before he sinned, and humans with whom God has dealt on the basis of covenant relationship.

I obviously kept it short but every usage of that terminology is discussed in more detail with biblical examples on that page. I chose to start with addressing the argument from the Quran that you used a similar version of. But the page above addresses many other things you brought up.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

How small is a God that needs to have sex to create a child yet can create all of creation by simply speaking it into existence?

If he can speak Creation into existence he can speak a Son into existence.

Let there be "Light"

Jesus is the physical and spiritual creation. He was spoken into creation by his father, not by human methods. A creation in which there is only One yet we are all a part of him.

The angels in heaven are hermaphrodites, both male and female.

Mathew 22
27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?”

29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Mathew 19
4 “Haven’t you read the Scriptures?” Jesus replied. “They record that from the beginning ‘God made them male and female.” 5 And he said, “‘This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.’ 6 Since they are no longer two but one, let no one split apart what God has joined together.”

Genesis 5:2
He created them male and female; and blessed them: and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Genesis 2:22
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

Adam was created a hermaphrodite. Humans only became man and woman when YHWH took the woman out of Adam.

This is why in marriage two become one fleah. In marriage man and woman return to the state that Adam was created in. They are male and female acting as one flesh/spirit, metaphorically of course.

edit on 8-10-2016 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: whereislogic

In marriage man and woman return to the state that Adam was created in. They are male and female acting as one flesh/spirit, metaphorically of course.

If it's metaphorically (I guess you mean figuratively or symbolically) then people who marry don't turn into hermaphrodites now do they? Your first sentence is not stated metaphorically, figuratively or symbolically (it's suggesting that they do turn into hermaphrodites after marriage; never seen that in reality). Anyway, neither Adam nor the angels was/are hermaphrodites and the verse you are referring to is meant figuratively and spiritually (they begin to work as a team, in a good marriage). It has little to do with the verse in Genesis that mentions that God created man(kind) both male and female, 2 subtypes. Or the terminology "son(s) of God".

The 'speak into existence' thingy is Trinitarian philosophy related to warping people's understanding of the Greek word "Logos" used at John 1:1, which is translated to "The Word" and is referring to Jesus being the spokesman for his Father and his God, Jehovah. Jesus is also a witness and servant of Jehovah, the beginning of the creation by God.

Revelation 3:14, 21(NWT):

“To the angel of the congregation in La·o·di·ceʹa write: These are the things that the Amen says, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:
21 To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.

Isaiah 42:1a, 5:

Look! My servant, whom I support!

My chosen one, whom I have approved!

5 This is what the true God, Jehovah, says,

The Creator of the heavens and the Grand One who stretched them out,

Look! Jehovah’s Approved Servant

The word “servant” occurs many times in the book of Isaiah. It occasionally designates the prophet himself. (Isa. 20:3; 44:26) Sometimes it is applied to the whole nation of Israel, or Jacob. (Isa. 41:8, 9; 44:1, 2, 21) But what of the outstanding prophecies regarding the Servant recorded in Isaiah chapters 42, 49, 50, 52, and 53? The Christian Greek Scriptures leave us in no doubt as to the identity of the Servant of Jehovah described in those chapters. Interestingly, the Ethiopian official mentioned in the book of Acts was reading one of these prophecies when Philip the evangelizer was directed by the spirit to approach him. The official, having read the Bible passage that we now find at Isaiah 53:7, 8, asked Philip: “I beg you, About whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?” Philip lost no time in explaining that Isaiah spoke about the Messiah, Jesus.—Acts 8:26-35.

Acts 8:30,31,34,35:

Philip ran alongside and heard him reading aloud Isaiah the prophet, and he said: “Do you actually know* what you are reading?” 31 He said: “Really, how could I ever do so unless someone guided me?” So he urged Philip to get on and sit down with him. [*: Or “understand.”]
34 The eunuch then said to Philip: “I beg you, about whom does the prophet say this? About himself or about some other man?” 35 Philip began to speak, and starting with this scripture, he declared to him the good news about Jesus.

edit on 8-10-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join