It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You all get the ignorant BS award.

You can't learn about India's independence without learning about Ghandi and Hinduism, doesn't turn school children into Hindus. You cant learn about WWII without learning about Hitler, doesn't turn school children into Nazi's. You can't study the late Roman empire without learning about the Catholic Church, doesn't turn good baptist soldiers into rosary holding Catholics. You can't learn about the empires of the ME without learning something about Islam, doesn't turn kids into Muslims.

Also, I bet 99% of the teachers only know maybe a few facts more about Islam then whatever the textbook has.. They couldn't convert a kid even if the wanted to, (and knowing TN teachers a majority of them are baptists.) These teachers wouldn't even know how to do a complete prayer cycle correctly and you're worried somehow they'll convert your kids? I don't think I'll learn brain surgery from hearing a gas station clerk talk about an episode of House MD that included it.

Jeez!!! These christian teachers are simply teaching that Islam exists and has been a part of the structure of societies in other parts of the world.

YOU ALL FRICKIN WANT YOUR KIDS TO BE COMPLETELY IGNORANT, DEAF, DUMB, AND BLIND??? YOU CANNOT ERASE HISTORY!

edit on 6-10-2016 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

What's wrong with the words that were used?

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is a real thin line involving some serious assumptions about the ability of the teacher, and the curriculum, last year I think there was a school that had elementary school kids writing the prayer of conversion or something along those lines.

I don't recall any classes or books that were purely about Christianity, because as I said earlier liberals have won multiple court cases casting anything with a remote tie to the christian beliefs out of the school system quoting separation of church and state.

If they are covering the history of the religion then. they are covering beliefs, which starts to trend into teaching the religion... unless they have a top tier teacher I don't see how this doesn't fall under teaching a religion in a public school.

The woman is an idiot, I don't think I said a thing in her defense...

ETA: The book as well... we had a big discussion about a new history book in Oklahoma, many thought it was a badly written book... without reading it I and everyone else here is assuming what the content of the book is, it could be a here are the facts book... it could be written in a way to make Islam look like the best thing since sliced bread.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: dogstar23

Well none of those religions are waging war across the planet either.

Not that I want to call you out or anything, but when George W Bush declared a 'Crusade' on various Middle Eastern countries, and when the word Crusade is synonymous with a Christian attack, then which religions are you limiting your comments to?

www.thefreedictionary.com...

The cause of most anger and division in the world is ignorance of the cultures and beliefs of others. Sad but sadly not surprised to see how so many idiots on ATS seem to think promoting such ignorance is a good thing.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well this nation DOESN'T operate under Sharia law. We have the Constitution to prevent that. And even then, Muslims make up 1% of the nation. Christians would over take the country under biblical law before Muslims overtook it for Sharia law. But of course you refuse to admit that because you are a Christian who'd like to see that actually happen.

If you have not spent time in a sharia society then you have no valid context because it is only when the right to rule is given the scorpion will show you his the scorpion…

Lol. Says the guy who likely hasn't talked to a real Muslim in a LOOOOONG time.

What the hell is a real Muslim to you? I promise you you dont know any Muslims who dont hate Jews. If they say they dont its because they are lying.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

All religions are oversized cults. That still doesn't mean that we shouldn't teach its history or worldly significance.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
What's ignorant is the lack of self awareness. Has anyone here EVER seen a left winger/liberal/democrat DEFEND any teaching of Christianity in schools? It's always Islam that you guys are defending.

I've seen plenty of defense of Christianity, what I don't see is much defense of Christians because it's so rare to find one that actually follows their belief system.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Also, the people waging war at the moment are agents and proxies of our own governments, and despite the fact that this is pretty much common knowledge, despite the fact that you cannot avoid this truth, people who hate the religion not the individuals who are operating the barbarity we are seeing, INSIST on ignoring this fundamental point.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Well this nation DOESN'T operate under Sharia law. We have the Constitution to prevent that. And even then, Muslims make up 1% of the nation. Christians would over take the country under biblical law before Muslims overtook it for Sharia law. But of course you refuse to admit that because you are a Christian who'd like to see that actually happen.

If you have not spent time in a sharia society then you have no valid context because it is only when the right to rule is given the scorpion will show you his the scorpion…

What the hell is a real Muslim to you? I promise you you dont know any Muslims who dont hate Jews. If they say they dont its because they are lying.

Lol. Your hate is making you speak for people you don't even know and I actually DO know. This is by far the most ignorant(or at least the most arrogant) response I've read in the thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

By the following day links and excerpts referencing this article were being circulated via social media, with many of those who encountered the item mistaking it for a genuine news article. However, the article was just a bit of fabricated clickbait from the National Report, a fake news web site that publishes outrageous fictional stories such as "IRS Plans to Target Leprechauns Next," "Boy Scouts Announce Boobs Merit Badge," and "New CDC Study Indicates Pets of Gay Couples Worse at Sports, Better at Fashion Than Pets of Straight Couples."

The National Report's disclaimer page notes:

National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.

www.snopes.com...

try again????

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

Lol. Your hate is making you speak for people you don't even know and I actually DO know. This is by far the most ignorant(or at least the most arrogant) response I've read in the thread.

Did I trigger you? Still want me out of your thread so you can have your safe space?

link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

it would be impossible to teach a class on world history and not touch on religion at some point.

link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Thats because Christians following their own belief system correctly do not even commune in purpose built buildings, do not hold signs at the gates of funerary locations, which bear slogans against soldiers and homosexuals, and they sure as hell do not spend their time hating members of other religious infrastructures. Their main interest is peace, and that means quiet, which means no need for press.

link   
a reply to: goou111

Well why would my Muslim brothers and sisters lie to me?

I understand you're about to go the route of Taqiya but I am a Muslim so it won't wash.

Please explain why they'd hide their hatred of Jews to me.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Should we be surprised that so many in this thread can't tell the difference between teaching history in school and giving religious instruction, conducting religious rituals, on government property etc.?

Nah. Par for the course these days.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm just surprised by how ignorant you choose to be because of your hate. Do you want me triggered? Because that would be trolling and against the T&C.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Best class I ever took? Religion Class in a Christian private school when I lived in Asia. This was just historical lessons on why religions in the past were the major players in the centuries and areas they were. Nothing was ever preached, or shoved down anyone's throats. Hell, conversion preaching between students wasn't even tolerated. Big no-no.

You want to have your bible bulls# in public schools? Do what my surprisingly level-headed thumper school did and teach a little from all columns from a historical perspective. It was not a big deal for them, why is it for stateside folks? I'm thinking the folks at that school were just a better flavor of educated Christian and Americans suck at it.
edit on 10/6/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I'm just surprised by how ignorant you choose to be because of your hate. Do you want me triggered? Because that would be trolling and against the T&C.

You ordered me out of your thread, so I asked.

Then TruBrit ordered me off the planet. So lets talk about triggers.
edit on 6-10-2016 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: knoxie

I could have misunderstood the story, but it reads to me like its a text book on islam... religion shouldn't be in the schools beyond the bare bones.

link   

originally posted by: surnamename57
Being taught Islam makes you highly educated? How about those who don't give a damn about religion? Are they poorly educated?

Ob the subject of religion? Yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join