It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee Mom Throws A Fit When Her Daughter Learns About Islam In School

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: surnamename57
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I said Muhammadanism, because Islam is popularly connected with acts of terror.

I know what you said. I can read just fine. I still don't think we should cater to offended Christians and we should call the religion by its correct name regardless of what people connect it to. The idea is to get people to STOP connecting it with terror. How are you going to accomplish that if you make Islam a magical word that cannot be said?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Christosterone

Fear is an emotional response to something we don't understand. But to fix that, you attempt to understand it so you don't fear it anymore. Maybe you should try that instead of preaching more ignorance and misunderstanding. This is ATS, we deny ignorance, not embrace it. Or rather we are supposed to.

No it is a genetically coded survival mechanism...
You will always tell a patient in the ER to listen to your fear as it is generally correct ...

www.scientificamerican.com...

-Chris

So EVERY time we are afraid we should lash out angrily, rant, rage, and hate because that is our body telling us how to survive? Your responses are even more ridiculous when you misuse science to try to defend your illogical hatred of a religion. No # fear is a genetic response we developed for survival, but we don't live in the wilderness anymore where danger lurks around every corner. We live in a society that was built by human intelligence and our desire to understand things instead of mindlessly fear them.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Horse crap.

You live in the USA, Texas of all places. Are you dense, or just so intolerant and blinded by hatred, that you do not understand that the people operating terror networks right this moment are proxy agents of your own government? They are still receiving material aid, in the shape of guns and medical equipment, from your own nations government and its allies!

ERGO THEY HAVE NO AGENCY AND ARE CONTROLLED OPPOSITION!

Like peons, you lap up their enmity like it was milk, and spit out bile in response, rather than realising that the only actual enemy you are facing are the people who own your nation, without whom none of these things would be happening at all, by allegedly Muslim hands or anyone elses. The owners of the Federal Reserve Bank, the people who purchase your politicians, these individuals are responsible for the War on Terror, and the terror which was used to justify it, and yet you, in your staggering, enormous wisdom, have ignored this simple fact, and gone straight for the low hanging fruit.

Well, kudos to you, well done.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

If you are not afraid of sharia governance then you are foolish...

lol.... ya sure... poland was about to tighten their laws on abortion (already some of the strictest laws on the books) and the women called a strike and hit the streets in protest.....
and the gov't backed down!!!

poland is by it's nature far more conservative that the US is, and stricter abortion laws is a far cry from out and out sharia law....
sorry, we have too many guns in the homes of our people, and ain't nobody gonna take away our bikinis, beer, or superbowl cheerleaders... the best they could hope for is an all out bloodbath with no winners....
but I keep hearing this from christians but them do seem to be the ones trying the hardest to chip away at that separation of church and state that prevents ANY religion for instituting religious laws.
that really baffles me.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

You talking about me not wanting you in the thread is offtopic.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You will stop connecting it with terror when Islamic terrorism is brought to an end.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You will stop connecting it with terror when Islamic terrorism is brought to an end.

Negative. We will stop connecting Islam with terror when people wake up and realize that it is only a small subset of Muslims that engage in terrorism. The same way that we don't look at the Irish as 100% terrorists because of the IRA. This requires education and understanding NOT fear and ignorance.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Fear is an emotional response to something we don't understand. But to fix that, you attempt to understand it so you don't fear it anymore. Maybe you should try that instead of preaching more ignorance and misunderstanding. This is ATS, we deny ignorance, not embrace it. Or rather we are supposed to.

You will always tell a patient in the ER to listen to your fear as it is generally correct ...

-Chris

So EVERY time we are afraid we should lash out angrily, rant, rage, and hate because that is our body telling us how to survive?

If you are incapable of restraint then I would suggest mating with someone who is…

Trusting your fear is imperative to survive as fear is an inherent gift given to us by our genes..

Epigenetics, experience, and socialization tend to govern how you react to fear...

Edit:
This is a great book I read many years ago in undergrad:
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475769401&sr=8-1&keywords=Gift+of+fear

-Chris
edit on 6-10-2016 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

-Chris

So EVERY time we are afraid we should lash out angrily, rant, rage, and hate because that is our body telling us how to survive?

If you are incapable of restraint then I would suggest mating with someone who is…

Trusting your fear is imperative to survive as fear is an inherent gift given to us by our genes..

Epigenetics, experience, and socialization tend to govern how you react to fear...

-Chris

Sounds like you let fear rule you instead of trust it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: goou111

You talking about me not wanting you in the thread is offtopic.

well then dont tell me to get out of your thread WTH? So you are the one off topic right?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

People don't wake up by lectures.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Negative. We will stop connecting Islam with terror when people wake up and realize that it is only a small subset of Muslims that engage in terrorism. The same way that we don't look at the Irish as 100% terrorists because of the IRA. This requires education and understanding NOT fear and ignorance.

I'm still waiting for people to feel this way about guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: surnamename57

Yes they do. Education is the leading way to get people to understand each other. It certainly isn't like flipping a light switch and people come around all at once. These things take time.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Comparing guns to Muslims is an apples to oranges comparison. They are VERY different topics with different sets of nuanced issues.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

-Chris

-Chris

Sounds like you let fear rule you instead of trust it.

Where did I state one should "let fear rule you"...
Quite the opposite, I said "trust[ing] your fear is imperative"...

And cited "socialization" as a governing factor in how one reacts to fear...
I did not feel I needed to spell out for you what that word means...

But here is the definition so u can understand that sentence..
My words are always measured...

****socialization****
The act of adapting behavior to the norms of a culture or society is called socialization.

-Chris

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
fear has it's useful purpose, it's an early warning system. but, sometimes, too many times, it causes one to act in poor judgement or accept an unpleasant option in life because there is a possibility of an even worse option. you can take fear's counsel without allowing fear to rule your life!

link   

All terrorist are not Muslim, but all Muslims are terrorist. Wait did I get that right? Yeah I think it is.

link   

Oh I know WHAT you said. I'm just commenting on how you ACTUALLY interact with fear based on your comments in this thread. Clearly you don't practice what you preach.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Comparing guns to Muslims is an apples to oranges comparison. They are VERY different topics with different sets of nuanced issues.

Oh bull,

Many people fear Muslims because of the actions of a few.
Many people fear illegal aliens because of the actions of a few.
Many people fear guns because of the actions of a few.

Foolish fear is foolish fear.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

All terrorist are not Muslim, but all Muslims are terrorist. Wait did I get that right? Yeah I think it is.

All muslims aren't terrorist... Do you have any intelligent comments or is everything just biased strawmans?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join