It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don’t hate black people, they just have a skin disease that affects their behavior”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: angeldoll

And "rock star", oh please. He's a washed up ole has been, and wasn't that much a celebrity even in his good ole days.

It fi

Well he's got a net wort of $20 million, has songs on the radio, flies in private jets, plays in stadiums. But angeldoll doesn't like him so that makes me wrong for calling him a rock star.
Angeldoll is offended by Ted Nugent. Ted Nugent is oblivious to angeldolls existence.

You must be a white wealthy guy too, right? You are easily impressed I see, because those things don't impress me much.

How is your racism acceptable but Ted's is not?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I interviewed Ted Nugent once for a radio program. He spent an inordinate amount of time talking about goat piss (his words, not mine). And the strange beast inside him that makes him say crazy things.

edit on 6-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Who cares. It's words in the air, one man's opinion, which is as valid as any other.

People need to grow a thicker skin.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
Who cares. It's words in the air, one man's opinion, which is as valid as any other.

People need to grow a thicker skin.

The "problem" as it were is not so much what Nugent said, but the folks here who agree and try to justify it.

Further, the portion of the population that these folks reflect, die-hard deplorable racists, are part of the problem.

As are the folks try to deny so desperately that there aren't racial problems still very much alive and well in the US.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Can anyone truly disagree with what was said? I mean really can you? I mean we haven't been able to solve this black on black hatred and heinous acts for decades now. It's only getting worse. My sense is Ted is merely frustrated with blacks in general. They talk the talk all the damn time but yet they don't so anything to help each other! It's plague that continues to go from one generation to the next.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TheBulk

/sigh

And what are the stats based on? Arrests and convictions.

And what demographic has been shown to be disproportionately targeted in arrests and convictions?

Obviously, you have no respect for the topic that OP intended to discuss. I'll be ignoring off-topic BS.

If you read the entire thing you would see that the statistics line up with victims descriptions of their assaulters which is black. That's a pretty big coincidence don't you think?

From that article:

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.
I get it, Bulk. Us black Americans are just horrible people. Even after 4 generations of my family serving this country up until this very day, no respect. There is a lot of crime happening in this country and it ain't all black. It's not even the majority of black Americans behaving like hooligans and it's insulting as f@&k to me that you throw out some cooked up stats from the feds that implies the majority of black Americans are criminals. It's very disheartening and a Damn lie to boot. You just don't see the crime and murders of biker gangs, mafia or Triads plastered all over the news and that's for a reason. And some of you guys just say crap like ATS has no black members here, and I have a feeling that a lot do realize we are here and just say things to be offensive to black people. Oh yeah, almost forgot, screw Ted Nugent and anyone who agrees with that pedo.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Can anyone truly disagree with what was said? I mean really can you? I mean we haven't been able to solve this black on black hatred and heinous acts for decades now. It's only getting worse. My sense is Ted is merely frustrated with blacks in general. They talk the talk all the damn time but yet they don't so anything to help each other! It's plague that continues to go from one generation to the next.

This guy broke it down well yesterday:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The "problem" as it were is not so much what Nugent said, but the folks here who agree and try to justify it.

Further, the portion of the population that these folks reflect, die-hard deplorable racists, are part of the problem.

As a native-born white male in the very heart of the South, I can honestly say I know of no one here who really listens to Nugent anymore. Unless he's making music, of course... he did that pretty well.

I know there are still racists around, but they're just not that common. The vast majority of 'racists' today are only considered racist because of words (mis)spoken in private or taken out of context. There are some segments of 'black society' that are disadvantaged, but typically not because of racism from the population at large. If there is racism there, it came from a government that took advantage of their culture to trap them in poverty to secure votes. The same thing has happened to large segments of Hispanics and even to some poorer whites.

Over time, that poverty has led to a degradation of hope and a desperation that begat criminal behavior. Surprise... not. Speaking out against that cycle elicits cries of racism. Surprise... not.

The cycle continues... the government shows statistics of black crime waves, police become accustomed to having problems with black folks, and the propaganda machines cry racism... and political correctness keeps people from speaking out against the problem, or even from speaking to someone of a different race because of the social dangers of being 'politically incorrect.' The races become wary of each other, and the leaders of the 'anti-racism' movements prosper.

The cycle will continue as long as we keep the political correctness alive, because the only way to see others as what they are... humans with much more in common than different... is for them to get to know each other on their own terms. That requires speaking freely, and free speech is stifled by requirements to not use certain words that no one outside the leaders of the 'anti-racism' movements even know.

Again, none of us are free if one if one of us is chained. Please stop chaining others with the labels.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: TheBulk

/sigh

And what are the stats based on? Arrests and convictions.

And what demographic has been shown to be disproportionately targeted in arrests and convictions?

Obviously, you have no respect for the topic that OP intended to discuss. I'll be ignoring off-topic BS.

If you read the entire thing you would see that the statistics line up with victims descriptions of their assaulters which is black. That's a pretty big coincidence don't you think?

From that article:

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.
I get it, Bulk. Us black Americans are just horrible people. Even after 4 generations of my family serving this country up until this very day, no respect. There is a lot of crime happening in this country and it ain't all black. It's not even the majority of black Americans behaving like hooligans and it's insulting as f@&k to me that you throw out some cooked up stats from the feds that implies the majority of black Americans are criminals. It's very disheartening and a Damn lie to boot. You just don't see the crime and murders of biker gangs, mafia or Triads plastered all over the news and that's for a reason. And some of you guys just say crap like ATS has no black members here, and I have a feeling that a lot do realize we are here and just say things to be offensive to black people. Oh yeah, almost forgot, screw Ted Nugent and anyone who agrees with that pedo.

Biker gang killings are covered on the news. There was a huge one at a restaurant/bar maybe a year ago. They happen once in awhile. Not EVERY freaking day, wildly out of proportion. You can call the FBI stats lies all you want, but would love for you to post your stats, with a link proving otherwise.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
dudelyus
oh no you did not....tell me ya didn't go that route....

plowin deep now, I gotta think a minute here...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation

This guy broke it down well yesterday:

Dang that is pretty good. Tupac is and will always be my favorite rapper. 15-20 years ago I would have been in defense for Pac but this guy hits it in the head. Tupac, unfortunately, influenced my 16-22 years of age as trying to be a gangsta.

I finally decided enough was enough. I went to college, dropped out, worked terrible jobs. Around 23-24 I went back to school, got my degree and I've been at a great work place for the past 10 years with not just a job but a successful career.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yep, I'm a native-born White male born in Georgia who has never lived more than 50 miles away from Atlanta although I've spent about half of that time in the most rural and "country" districts imaginable. I grew up singing "A Country Boy Can Survive" with the rest of my friends, LOL.

Now, with our geographic, racial and cultural bona fides out of the way ...

The last thing I enjoyed from Nugent was Cat Scratch Fever. In fact, that may be the only song I know from him. Frankly, I always got him confused with Jim Dandy, LOL.

I disagree with your assessment that there are no real racists around today. There are, and further, they exist in every race, creed and culture. My assertion is, somewhat off topic, that we are all at least a little racist ... but the great majority of us who have lived and worked in the wider world know that in the end, people are just people 99.9% of the time. Whatever racism exists in most of us gets quite aptly suppressed because of our training and our experience.

Are Black folks still getting lynched down at the neighborhood hangin' tree in 2016? Nope. Does the Klan regularly ride up on horses to burn crosses in front yards as a warning not to get "too uppity"? Nope.

Every time the topic comes up, I hear how we are really "post-racial" in this country, and yet, every single day I see blatant and plentiful evidence that just isn't so. If anything, today's racism (until recently) had become more pernicious than in the past ... racists had learned how to "talk around" racial issues, understanding when it's "safe" to be honest with others, generally either like-minded or hiding under the aegis of anonymity on the internet.

The fact that we even still keep "crime statistics" based on race is quite clearly part of the problem. A far, far more reasonable measure, if we're going to keep up with such things, would be socio-economic status, annual income, etc.

Political correctness exists wherever politics does, Redneck. Pretending that it is a phenomenon of either right or left is frankly absurd. For too many writing real problems off to "political correctness" and ignoring them or diminishing them is part and parcel of the growing issues we face in this country.

Speaking freely is fine. I'm on the record here at this site and here in this thread in full support of the First Amendment.

I'm confused by your ending comment: you're claiming that free speech is necessary to resolve problems (I agree), but therefore you don't want people to use "labels" that you don't like?

I'm sorry, you don't see the rank contradiction there?
edit on 6-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Bingo somebody finally understands Nugent Speak!! His mouth opens ans stuff flows out. Ted doesn't hate black people he is just at a loss for words and how some act!!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Bingo somebody finally understands Nugent Speak!! His mouth opens ans stuff flows out. Ted doesn't hate black people he is just at a loss for words and how some act!!

Can I disagree with saying that Black Americans have a disease affecting their skin? Or the rest of that stupid drivel OP linked from this reprobate, draft-dodging pedophile?

ABSOLUTELY.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: Spider879

He gives us Nugents a bad name.
I agree with you he gives all republicans a bad name. aI'm sure most do not think like him though.

Why? He speaks for himself, not Republicans. He makes Republicans look as bad as Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright make democrats look. The only difference is that they get zero backlash for what they say about the other race.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

He gives us Nugents a bad name.
I agree with you he gives all republicans a bad name. aI'm sure most do not think like him though.

Why? He speaks for himself, not Republicans. He makes Republicans look as bad as Al Sharpton and Jeremiah Wright make democrats look. The only difference is that they get zero backlash for what they say about the other race.

... except for the backlash they get in right-wing media and on threads like this one?

Come on.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

Black on Black hatred?? is that anything like white on white hatred or white on white crimes?? btw I have FBI stats that say a whole lot but this ain't the thread for that.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack
I get it, Bulk. Us black Americans are just horrible people.

Nobody is talking about ALL black people. Just the bad ones committing a disproportionate amount of crime. I think people do get tired of black people in general scapegoating their issues though.

Even after 4 generations of my family serving this country up until this very day, no respect.

Why are you taking this personal? Your family is clearly part of the solution, not the problem. I have nothing but respect for any successful family, much less one that has served this country for generations.

There is a lot of crime happening in this country and it ain't all black.

Nobody said it was. However, a disproportionate of violent crime is committed by black men.

It's not even the majority of black Americans behaving like hooligans and it's insulting as f@&k to me that you throw out some cooked up stats from the feds that implies the majority of black Americans are criminals.

Again, who made this claim? The stats say it's about 6% of the black population committing over half the violent crime. That's not a majority.

It's very disheartening and a Damn lie to boot.

It's disheartening yes, but it's not a lie.

You just don't see the crime and murders of biker gangs, mafia or Triads plastered all over the news and that's for a reason.

It's not a matter of what we see, because this is based on crime and victim statistics.

And some of you guys just say crap like ATS has no black members here, and I have a feeling that a lot do realize we are here and just say things to be offensive to black people.

It's the reality man. I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, but facts are facts.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

People are saying that Donald Trump really wanted Ted for his VP pick... I'm not saying that, but a lot of people are... I don't know...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

All 0.0001% of them? Who cares.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join